"We've only just begun" - Big Oud's get tough message for law breaking foreigners

webfact

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A post of a lobbying nature has been removed as well as the replies:

5) You will not use Thaivisa as a platform to gather support to effect changes on religious, political, or governmental issues.

Some posts with off topic generalizations have been removed. 

10 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

They don't mess around with tourists, just the people who live and work here on tourist and ED visas. 

Yes they do. They have had their episodes where they go around checking hotels -guesthouses, bars to stopping tourists on the street to see their passports. I have personally seen them walking around CM on e streets when the commander shakes the beehive.

16 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Why should anybody need money to stay legal, are they not already contributing to the countrys economy?

My premise was that many overstayers become illegal because they don't have the money to meet visa requirements or travel over borders to renew permits and visas.

Not quite sure what you are suggesting -you don't need money to contribute to the economy?

Or, as long as they can buy a 10 baht bowl of rice they are contributing to the economy and should be allowed to stay despite not having a legal authority?

Are you another who believes in open borders, except in your own country or if it affects you personally?

17 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

My premise was that many overstayers become illegal because they don't have the money to meet visa requirements or travel over borders to renew permits and visas.

Not quite sure what you are suggesting -you don't need money to contribute to the economy?

Or, as long as they can buy a 10 baht bowl of rice they are contributing to the economy and should be allowed to stay despite not having a legal authority?

Are you another who believes in open borders, except in your own country or if it affects you personally?

This post is full of sheer nonsense, why should anyone pay any government in any country to live in it if they are law abiding and contributing to the economy, and not taking anyone elses job. Who said anything about open borders? I didn't.

I would welcome anyone to my home country as long as they are law abiding, not getting handouts unless earned,  contributing to the economy, and not taking anyone elses job.

Is that so hard for you to understand?

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

This post is full of sheer nonsense, why should anyone pay any government in any country to live in it if they are law abiding and contributing to the economy, and not taking anyone elses job. Who said anything about open borders? I didn't.

I would welcome anyone to my home country as long as they are law abiding, not getting handouts unless earned,  contributing to the economy, and not taking anyone elses job.

Is that so hard for you to understand?

Your first sentence pretty well described open borders. 

On 10/30/2019 at 9:00 AM, Dmaxdan said:

Maybe he should start with the corrupt Thai visa agents who get "back door" extensions for expats who don't have enough funds.

Or the corrupt officials that populate every local immigration office in Thailand and routinely take "tips" in exchange for doing their jobs correctly.  And how about the two tiered fine system?  One higher amount for a fine with a government receipt, or a lower amount for no receipt, your choice.  Every office.

21 hours ago, spacelord said:

Here's hoping they do the same fine job they do of reducing road deaths, or stopping motorcycle taxis from driving on the sidewalks, or stopping road racing, or stopping drug smuggling, or - oh, forget it.

Is it only motor cycle taxis that ride on the sidewalk? From what I see there are far more of these morons

than motor cycle taxis.

18 hours ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

My simple opinion is this. Leave the agents alone (they're much needed), don't violate your visa, follow the laws, and be polite. Of course many Thais don't follow this advice, but as we all know, we're visitors and we should simply mind our own business and live in peace.  

I agree, and i'm glad to see you described us as visitors rather than guests.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:02 AM, khunpa said:

Think it is a shame they are damaging tourism, by making these PR stunts and announcements.

Anyone who has never been to Thailand will get <deleted> scared when seeing policemen looking like this.

And in real life is is quite opposite. Tourist police always are super nice (and smiling) when I come across them. Always asking to take pictures with them, so they can go back and show their boss, that they are doing their job. 

And there I was, thinking that they just wanted my photo so they could go back to their computer and check if I was an overstayer.

17 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

What! 4 Chinese to be deported for overstay, one moment they say we are pushing for more Chinese tourist, now they want to get rid of them, make up your mind, I'm confused.????

take a breath and think it through.  they want tourists, farang and chinese, to come and stay within the period under their permit to stay when they enter thailand.  they do not want tourists, farang or chinese, who overstay their permit to stay.  see?  actually very consistent.

14 hours ago, taxin said:

The currency which is strongest is the country which the Thai elite are moving all their money to, such as Euro, GBP, and when they are ready to plunge the country into recession and do a self imposed collapse of the Thai baht, they will be bringing it all back in again.  So yes, the retirees waiting for the major drop will have their time.

Oops, did I just suggest there is some sort of currency manipulation going on ? Of course never, no way !

Back on topic, good guys in bad guys out !

your conspiracy/story of currency manipulation makes no sense and does logically.  Furthermore, it does not reflect what's going on in the currency markets.  Let's see why:

If the Thai elites are moving their money to the Euro and GBP (i.e. selling Baht and buying Euros and GBP), then you would expect their massive outflow of THB to cause the THB to weaken against these currencies.  By "bringing it all back in again", they will have to sell Euros and GBP and buy THB, which will strengthen the THB.

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

Their economy is doing fine, you don't understand that.

I think they understand that, but they simply wish it wasn't true because of the strong Baht.  Many posters here seem to express the hope that the economy will soon sink or go into crisis so that they get a better exchange rate for their monthly pension.

4 hours ago, Angry Dragon said:

take a breath and think it through.  they want tourists, farang and chinese, to come and stay within the period under their permit to stay when they enter thailand.  they do not want tourists, farang or chinese, who overstay their permit to stay.  see?  actually very consistent.

Tung in cheek quote.

4 hours ago, Angry Dragon said:

your conspiracy/story of currency manipulation makes no sense and does logically.  Furthermore, it does not reflect what's going on in the currency markets.  Let's see why:

If the Thai elites are moving their money to the Euro and GBP (i.e. selling Baht and buying Euros and GBP), then you would expect their massive outflow of THB to cause the THB to weaken against these currencies.  By "bringing it all back in again", they will have to sell Euros and GBP and buy THB, which will strengthen the THB.

I am not talking about a few hi-so Thais in Bangkok shifting a few million, we are talking about a much larger scale, people with a license to print money. I use the words "Thai elites" very carefully, as I dont want to break any rules here and get a warning.

Archived