"We've only just begun" - Big Oud's get tough message for law breaking foreigners

webfact

2 hours ago, bangkokequity said:
2 hours ago, atyclb said:

are you using the fact that you were never ripped off by locals while traveling the world but once(one time)e by foreigners to argue that thailand does not have more domestic criminals than foreign criminals? just the sample size alone (one time) could not be any more statistically insignificant.

i was kidnapped by a taxi in ho chi min city taken to a desolate place and robbed one time, thus if i say the foreigners in vietnam are not criminals would that be accurate? as accurate and as valid as your claims and conclusions.

i have been ripped off multiple times by thais as well as some locals in other countries.

then condemning non thais that use public transportation. one could rent a mercedes benz and driver in bangkok only to waste a lot of time sitting in traffic thus accomplishing much less in a given time frame while riding the bts or mrt is fast, efficient and airconditioned. might surprise you that numerous high powered lawyers and other professionals routinely ride the old crappy subway in new york city every day. might surprise you that ingvar kamprad, ikea founder and one of richest men in the world routinely shopped in second hand stores.

baht buses are very convenient and grab does not usualy have mercedes benz available.

the only problem i see from your comments is you reason and logic deficit.

Wow ... seemed to have touched a nerve there ... and you have completely missed the point .... lots of tourists LIKE safe places to visit.  Have to say, you are very easy to trigger!  555!  BTW ... I live in BKK and think the sky-train system is AWESOME.

you are right about missing your intended point "lots of tourists LIKE safe places to visit."

if you think the skytrain is awesome why in the world would you put down someone else using public transportation?  ther's numerous buses and many are quite decent

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fully agree,get rid of the Criminals,scammers,pedophiles,and pick pockets,

but don't involve the retirees ,those with families ,who are just trying

to live a peaceful life,you get the feeling all Farangs could be drawn into

this,it would be nice to see some easing up on all these restrictions that

have come into force in last few years,Immigration has got to start trusting

the genuine folks who have made their homes here.

regards worgeordie

really yes ok over stay you so called welcome 

but really start focusing on issues in own back yard fleecing is could start 

Prices another went too Zoo Locals 50 bht I thing foreigners 250 bth  floating market same lines who hurting who  

8 hours ago, Jessi said:

What about the corruption in Immigration....Oh never mind!!!!!

What corruption? If you are thinking about the agents sorting out visas or extensions with immigration, that is not corruption, if it is IOs themselves, then I agree.

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

So you are lucky. Years ago PR's were fairly obtainable if you knew somebody or had the right things going. Now near impossible and very costly. 

So why would you be unhappy, you are one of the .000000001% who are set.

I just got PR two years ago.

3 hours ago, bangkokequity said:

The Thai Baht is "strong" ... which means its exports are "more expensive" so demand for them falls ... its real estate is "more expensive" for foreigner investors (about 20% change over the past few years!)... and the exchange rate give tourists less spending power ... again "more expensive."  Do I really need to explain this to an "expert" like you?  

No, but you didn't answer the question I posed to the other poster.  Which currency is he claiming the THB is strong against?  There has to be another currency on the other side of the equation.

Let's just look at the THB against the USD and GPB.  The Thai economy is still growing faster than these two, Thailand has a current account surplus (a big factor), unemployment in Thailand is still much lower than these two, the government deficit is similar to these two.  In short, the fundamentals support the idea of a "strong" baht against these two currencies, even though retirees here are crossing their fingers for a major drop so they get more for their monthly pensions.  You dig, trig?

8 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Maybe he should start with the corrupt Thai visa agents who get "back door" extensions for expats who don't have enough funds.

Why? He knows who the people that use the agents are so that if they offend he can go straight to them. He also knows that they're unlikely to offend after paying a substantial amount to the agent and they also pay his tea money.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

They quoted Sompong as saying that today was just the start - his policy of ridding Thailand of thieves, pickpockets, those who have entered illegally, over stayers, various other criminals and those on international warrants would continue on and on. 

Good to know it is only those pesky foreigners who do all of these things.  I'm sure there no Thai pickpockets, thieves or other forms of criminals....

If only us western farangs could just stop coming here for a year or two.  Wouldn't you think they would have a different attitude towards us.  MHO...I would think so...

2 minutes ago, JMSIII said:

If only us western farangs could just stop coming here for a year or two.  Wouldn't you think they would have a different attitude towards us.  MHO...I would think so...

if you mean the western farang tourists, then yes I agree.

if you mean the western farang retirees who have problems under the new regulations, then no.  their disappearance will be the equivalent of a rounding error in the national accounts.

14 minutes ago, paddyfield7 said:

Looking at the faces of the 4, each of them would immediately qualify to become Palermo's new mafia boss without further evidence of qualification. Maybe a mirror would help to realise WHO is to be investigated here.

TAT should make billboards from this photo
and buy space for these billboards in China and India.
Increase in tourism guaranteed 555

One of the questions that are on most other Immigration visa forms is "have you ever been convicted of an offense in your home county or any other country and have you have been denied or had cancelled a visa from any other country?

I am aware of a British citizen, who whist he has not been convicted of any offense in the UK, he was excluded from Australia on a family violence offense and had his Australian visa cancelled. iI is not easy for a UK citizens (who is  father to a child living in Australia) to be excluded from the country.  It must have been serious offense resulting in a conviction. 

Whilst Thailand asks questions about the applicant's home state they do not ask about offenses in other states/Countries. A police check should be required for any long term visa application from every country where the applicant has lived one year or more in the last ten years. 

6 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Disagree. I believe most overstay because of a lack of money to stay legal.

Many of the thieves and scammers found, are also overstayers.

Why should anybody need money to stay legal, are they not already contributing to the countrys economy?

8 minutes ago, JMSIII said:

I don't understand why some are not getting it. You are not important.

Falang are not the mainstay and importance of this place now.

Go, and 10 times Chinese, Korea, Japan, India will replace you.

In fact they are so very sick of you.

Figure it out....

8 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Maybe he should start with the corrupt Thai visa agents who get "back door" extensions for expats who don't have enough funds.

Dan Dan the Grasser..man..and 'Singing like a Canary' comes to mind!!..better to mind your own business.????

6 hours ago, MartinL said:

Do the police uniform regulations state that the hat must be two sizes too small for the wearer's head?

No. it is the heads that is too big for the hats, all these stupid fancy ranks. Lt/Gen, Lt/Col, etc, etc.

I'm shaking in my boots, i'm gonna hide under the bed until he is transferred, just a PA childish stunt, ( yes i did say stunt, i had to double check that) to try and scare the crims. by the way biker gangs are just old kids that can never grow up.

Isn’t time Thai Immi(Gov’t) show some respect to long term legit foreign residents, who contribute day in/day out , year after year to Thai economy & life.. All ever hear is negative issues about wrongdoers!! Time @Lt-GenSompong showed some “positive” actions towards Retirees, etc, we’re not all Crims,I.e.  offer extended Retirement Visas, 5yrs same as Malaysia!! 

8 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

damaging the image of Thailand and adversely affecting tourism. 

Who's doing that job very well?

AND LAW BREAKING THAIS, Of course would need to triple the police force to arrest them.

While I would agree foreigners that break the law should ousted, that it damages Thai tourism is an is a stupid statement. On the humorous side it would probably boost tourism by those who would think they could come to Thailand and get away with this & that, Ha! 

Bad foreign overstayers damage the tourism industry in Thailand? Tourists now avoid Thailand because some criminal foreigners? Foreigners causing the bad reputation of Thailand? Not the corrupt and criminal Thais themselves? The hungry police? The instability by ever changing laws and their various interpretations by police and immigration. You know what, I tell you some news, big guy:

A country taken over by a military coup and being still many years later poorly governs by military generals, guess what! This is the biggest damage to Thailand's reputation. Who the hell wants to go enjoy holidays in a place ruled by military???

... and as always; talk and no facts, spend less time praising yourself and do your duty, perhaps with a small smile!
I try to imagine what it would be like to get to Thailand (the land of smiles) and find myself in front of a troop of gentlemen like that!
Now, unfortunately, we can no longer say "Land of smiles" but, a land of fires, garbage and restrictions!

Archived