Trump impeachment effort passes first test in divided U.S. Congress

webfact

11 hours ago, webfact said:

"It's a sad day. No one comes to Congress to impeach a president," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said before the vote.

I'd of sworn that plenty of the Democrats ran on a 'impeach the bad man' campaign slogan.

A GREAT example of the swamp biting back.

Edited by IAMHERE
change bad word to 'bad man'
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Enoon said:

Ex-President Obama was/is intelligent.

His predecessor wasn't/isn't

Neither of them were/are High Functioning Sociopaths.

Which is what Trump is.

That is what has got him where he is (his level of "intelligence" being marginally relevant).

It is also what must, ultimately, destroy him.

It is up to America whether or not it lets his sociopathy destroy America as well.

He's all here:

Traits Of A High Functioning Sociopath | Betterhelp

All true, but the problem is not that such people exist, many are quietly "In care" for their own and others benefit. The problem is what it says about the American people who elected him (Somewhat similar to the problem with the people who voted Brexit in the UK). America's great sage (And great wit also) "The Baltimore Sage" put it precisely in these words:-

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach the heart's desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."

H.L.Menchen  July 26, 1920.

How alarmingly prescient - maybe they hadn't defined sociopathic back then, otherwise he would probably have included it.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I think the quote above sums things up nicely.

I am not a fan of Trump and want to see him tossed out on his ass as soon as possible for both the good of the US and the good of the planet (Hey US, please re-join the Paris Accord after he is gone!), but it is not a happy day. The simple fact is that he was elected the leader of the US and has failed; this is not a fairy tale with a happy ending.

That said, Trump brought all this on himself through his own actions. Period. 

A truly intelligent person would have surrounded himself with all the experts that they could find, implemented a rational decision-making process and studied the consequences of actions BEFORE choosing them. Trump did not do this. 

A truly intelligent person would have selected a team of good people to work with him to implement a positive agenda, but Trump instead chose to display disloyalty from the top and petty, malicious behaviour which sickened honourable people and precluded them from joining his administration.

A truly intelligent person would have worked to keep the US as a beacon of light in an ever-darkening world and laid the groundwork for even more long-term stability, freedom and growth; Trump did not do this.

A truly intelligent person would have understood that it was an honour and privilege toe their country as President and not have used the office for personal gain.

I have said it before and will say it again;

Donald Trump is an ever-expanding cloud of toxic waste that defiles everything it touches.

Let this nightmare end.

Am I right in assuming that You consider yourself to be that "truly intelligent person"...that Trump needs to be?   

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, candide said:

Too bad for his "not Mr. Nice guy" advertising campaign.

Growth forecasts have already been updated.

"IMF sees weaker global economic recovery. US growth pegged at 2.1% in 2020"

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/15/economy/imf-world-economic-outlook/index.html

That will take away his only bragging rights. With his unfulfilled promises of the wall, Obamacare alternative, reducing the deficit, protect the steel, coal industries which are collapsing; he is running on empty. His core supporters will still support him till kingdom come but the majority want him to go away. He is on his last leg.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I think the quote above sums things up nicely.

I am not a fan of Trump and want to see him tossed out on his ass as soon as possible for both the good of the US and the good of the planet (Hey US, please re-join the Paris Accord after he is gone!), but it is not a happy day. The simple fact is that he was elected the leader of the US and has failed; this is not a fairy tale with a happy ending.

That said, Trump brought all this on himself through his own actions. Period. 

A truly intelligent person would have surrounded himself with all the experts that they could find, implemented a rational decision-making process and studied the consequences of actions BEFORE choosing them. Trump did not do this. 

A truly intelligent person would have selected a team of good people to work with him to implement a positive agenda, but Trump instead chose to display disloyalty from the top and petty, malicious behaviour which sickened honourable people and precluded them from joining his administration.

A truly intelligent person would have worked to keep the US as a beacon of light in an ever-darkening world and laid the groundwork for even more long-term stability, freedom and growth; Trump did not do this.

A truly intelligent person would have understood that it was an honour and privilege to serve their country as President and not have used the office for personal gain.

I have said it before and will say it again;

Donald Trump is an ever-expanding cloud of toxic waste that defiles everything it touches.

Let this nightmare end.

The real nightmare is in Trump's Yemen and Obama's Syria & Lybia -- not petty politics. 

1 hour ago, Kelsall said:

I point out a basic fact and your response is to attack me.  That is very revealing.

No you didnt point out any fact. You gave your opinion that its flawed. An opinion which has been proven wrong.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Not a single republican voted for it and even a few democrats were against it. Doesn’t bode well for a removal by a republican controlled senate.

Still issues with transparency as democrats hold veto power over republican subpoenas and witnesses. Trump’s legal counsel can also not be present.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LiamB80 said:

Not a single republican voted for it and even a few democrats were against it. Doesn’t bode well for a removal by a republican controlled senate.

Still issues with transparency as democrats hold veto power over republican subpoenas and witnesses. Trump’s legal counsel can also not be present.

Because its not a trial, thats why counsel is not present. Counsel can attend the trial in the senate. Trump supporters just cannot understand basic facts.

do you have issues with the lack of transparency from trump?

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1