O visa multi entry

I was thinking of returning to the Uk and visiting Thailand on a O multi entry for six months a year as

a state pensioner , i seem to be only able to find single entry ninty days .

The embassy in London requires only on line applications but i cannot for the life of me find six month

multi entry . The consulate in Hull can issue ninty days single entry after confirmation by The London embassy .

Has any one here recently been granted a six month multi entry visa , as a Uk state pensioner .

the OP could apply for a Multi Entry Tourist Visa, it has a six month validity.

He needs to make a border run every 60 days, and will receive another 60 days on return.

Just shy of the Visa becoming invalid, he can do a border run and will receive another 60 days, which brings his total period of stay to almost 8 months 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

Thank you for your replies , It seems the only way is a six month tourist visa as mentioned in

replies , The single entry o visa is for ninty days could that be extended ?

yes it could but you will need 800k in a Thai bank seasoned.. 

As stated above, Unfortunately no more non-O Multi-Entry for British folk, in our home country.

Dad was using the non-O ME based on state pension, and has now reverted to getting Three SETV over a rolling 12 months, we will just have to be cautious that the flight bookings for him do not exceed 59 days now. 59 Days, get a new SETV when two months home in the UK and repeat.

The One Year Multi was very handy for planning flights etc.

I'm a ME visa refugee as well, so looks like  I'll have to plan non-O SE, home for 24 Days, repeat, will stretch the Thai School holiday one a bit, if the son goes with me to the UK in March-April, will they do the non-O SE for me in a couple weeks. Something I never had to worry about on the Multi ????

The weird thing is the employment letter requirement noted for the METV ( as well as a dormant 5000 pound idling in a bank somewhere for 6 months).

Edited by UKresonant

5 hours ago, harry94 said:

Thank you for your replies , It seems the only way is a six month tourist visa as mentioned in

replies , The single entry o visa is for ninty days could that be extended ?

im sure that the O visa can be extended for 30 days only. i had one but came home after the original 90 days and got an O/A instead

Edited by brianj1964

3 hours ago, brianj1964 said:

im sure that the O visa can be extended for 30 days only. i had one but came home after the original 90 days and got an O/A instead

non imm O visa can not be extended for 30 days, you can get a 60 day visit Thai wife, or a one year 'retirement' or ' marriage' extension

15 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

Right now, that is probably still feasible. However, it is important to appreciate that Immigration at some airports already reserve the right to abrogate tourist visas if, at their sole discretion, you do not fit the profile of a genuine tourist. I can see this, currently unofficial, rule become formalised in the future, and extended to all entry points, including land crossings. They might well say that retirees visiting Thailand for several months are not really tourists, and must use Non O, Non O-A or Non O-X visas (or extensions issued by Immigration). Hopefully, this is too pessimistic, and nothing that draconian will emerge in practice.

16 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

He needs to make a border run every 60 days, and will receive another 60 days on return.

Just shy of the Visa becoming invalid, he can do a border run and will receive another 60 days, which brings his total period of stay to almost 8 months 

Extensions of 30 days on each entry are possible and likely a cheaper option. This makes the total closer to 9 months potentially. 

16 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

Then if he returns a few months later will risk being told not a genuine tourist and sent home is a problem you face these days