Pattaya Halloween: The only scary thing was the complete lack of tourists

rooster59

16 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Soi 6 has many upper class female therapists available for much less than 2000 including room. 

I cant stay up late enough to visit the Gogo's and cant stay "up' long enough to make it worthwhile 5555

yeah dude, I joke a lot about it, but in truth, I have lost interest in nightlife, simply becasue I cant burn the candles on both ends. Look, lets be real, I have no problem going to Mixx by cab (at midnight) for 125 baht, paying 350 baht or so for an entry, then having two drinks at 700 baht for the pair, then dragging out some Rosskie or Uzbek for a 5000 baht good time, cab back 150 baht, and its 4am when done for almost 7K. 

But I wake up, no exceptions, at like 5-6. So now Im hung over, tired and the entire day is shot. Better to just feed the need some afternoon, or wank, and devote my time to all the stuff to do here during the day.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Soi 6 has many upper class female therapists available for much less than 2000 including room. //

He said long time (LT), probably in his nice hotel room, not a short time in that sordid soi.

And BTW I suppose that your "upper class female" was irony? :ermm:

18 hours ago, madmen said:

So how do you explain mastercards Bangkok No 1 world status? And those stats were calculated during a COUP!!!!

A really nice statistic for junta apologists?  It is one of the cheapest places to fly to and still a nice destination, but not what it use to be.  It is less inviting and boring.    Must of the growth has been fueled by the Chinese who are not big spenders and not into partying.

https://newsroom.mastercard.com/press-releases/bangkok-tops-mastercards-global-destination-cities-index-for-the-fourth-consecutive-year/

Thailand should be the powerhouse it once was under the Shinawatras, not a lethargic, military ruled back water teetering on recession.  

21 minutes ago, mberbae said:

With people being punched in the face and dying because

the bar jacks up your bill - it is no wonder Pattaya is no

longer seeing tourist dollars flowing in. Why bother ? !!

That was just the one Happily Married, Gulf war vet at the Gogo, "just stopping in for a drink"

Karma, left without paying his bill.   Ouch, too soon?

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He didn't say there were NO clubs, he said they were no good, and I'd rather have had them cut off with a rusty razor blade than go in one of those rubbish places along walking Street, so I agree with him.

DJs in gogos are pants these days, and probably the reason most of them are nearly empty.

Saw judge Jules dj in one a few years ago,nothing to get in and 2 beers and 2 drinks for the girls was under a tenner.

19 hours ago, bbi1 said:

The complete lack of tourists are from the immigration officers not letting genuine tourists enter Thailand. Why does Thailand complain all the time when they have IO's at the airport who don't want tourists to spend money and deny them entry? Thank your own IOs for no tourists.

exactly!

20 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

He said long time (LT), probably in his nice hotel room, not a short time in that sordid soi.

And BTW I suppose that your "upper class female" was irony? :ermm:

Much irony in life and here on Thaivisa.  Some men feel their gogo or bar girl for the night is a better "class" than the girl from soi 6 is what I was alluding to.  For me, it is about the woman and not her locale.   

Paying extra for someone I dont really know to "sleep" over in my bed, shower, etc... all for extra nookie in the a.m. isn't my thing anymore.  When I find a girl I like through short time, then long time will be in the cards, Plus sometimes they just talk too much ????

36 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

exactly!

LOL. Yeah all these tourists being turned away. Right.

13 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Plus sometimes they just talk too much

Sometimes?

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

What a load of BS. You haven't read the numerous threads posted of tourists being denied entry with a valid visa in this section: https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/

I wouldn't go as far as to say that and call BS. Those being denied mostly seem to have a history of living long term in Thailand, usually on tourist visas, Exempt and extensions. It is only a 'valid visa' if utilized for the correct reason.

21 hours ago, dimitriv said:

I hope you understand that this is not representative for the average tourist. 

Try to imagine...  Family with 4 on a 2 week holiday = over 10 000 Euro + price of tickets to Thailand.  This is over the budget for probably 90% of Europeans.

I think these Mastercard numbers are for business people staying a couple of days. Not for a family going on holiday.

Yeh that 5k is just a few beers from the mini bar!!

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say that and call BS. Those being denied mostly seem to have a history of living long term in Thailand, usually on tourist visas, Exempt and extensions. It is only a 'valid visa' if utilized for the correct reason.

Some tourists have the possibility to stay a longer time. The definition of a tourist is someone who travels for pleasure. It is ok if people can do that for a year in a row. And these people get a visa from a consulate so immigration can deny them entry at the border?  These people do not use their visa in a wrong way. It's ridiculous that things like this happen.

7 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Yeh that's 5k is just a few beers from the mini bar!!

I remember paying about 2500 Baht for 4 beers at the Sheraton on Sukhumvit ????  If you spend like that than 6000 Baht a day isn't much.

20 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

Exactly, people want to do something - mountain bike, kite surf, wakeboard, rock climb, hike - the cheap sex and and gogos are a side show maybe for a chuckle.

they would rather go clubbing and dance on a night out, they more interested in <deleted> each other or a like minded local than a girl from the streets in borrowed heels. 

The beer bar and the guy with bar girl tottering beside him are anthropological curiosities to shake their heads at and perhaps pity. 

mountain bike, kite surf, wakeboard, rock climb, hike - not exactly the country for much of that!

Hardly any decent clubs here either!

7 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

the definition of a tourist is someone who travels for pleasure.

It isn't 'your` definition they have to abide by. Is it not someone who stays for 60 days as per the Visa? But what is a travesty is often visas are issued, money is wasted and people are treated badly on arrival. If a person is likely to be denied entry, a Visa should not be issued, Still, a person arriving on a  TV who has a condo in his name, a Thai girlfriend, 3 kids and a bank account, yet no 20,000 baht, isn't a tourist.

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:
2 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

// And BTW I suppose that your "upper class female" was irony? :ermm:

Much irony in life and here on Thaivisa.  Some men feel their gogo or bar girl for the night is a better "class" than the girl from soi 6 is what I was alluding to.  //

Who talked about agogos? I would just never use the expression "upper class female" for any girl/woman working in the sex business in Pattaya.

47 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

Some tourists have the possibility to stay a longer time. The definition of a tourist is someone who travels for pleasure. It is ok if people can do that for a year in a row. And these people get a visa from a consulate so immigration can deny them entry at the border?  These people do not use their visa in a wrong way. It's ridiculous that things like this happen.

Exactly spot on with that comment.

20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

well, they are all up there, unless you want to eat like a Thai,

I eat like an Englishman living at home in the UK. Very cheap for all the food basics and booze.

(Vodka 150bht/70cl Red Cock, Rum 250bht/70cl Hong Thong, less than 1/2 UK prices)

Don't eat in restaurants, don't drink in bars so I don't care what they charge.

The money I save on accommodation, council tax and utils is what makes the biggest difference between living in Thailand and the UK.

53 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

mountain bike, kite surf, wakeboard, rock climb, hike - not exactly the country for much of that!

Hiked 35Km in the mountains last week ..........

Just came back from a 10Km hike in the mountains, the hiking in CM is probably the best in the world.

HuayJo.jpg

35 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Hardly any decent clubs here either!

How would you know? Are you active? 

Hua hin and koh Phangan and that area to the south have excellent kite surfing conditions for a decent part of the low season, and quite a decent number of folks travel specifically to do an early winter season here.

Chiang Mai has excellent Mountain bike trails and hosts an annual downhill race, with a number of operations renting high quality bikes and offering tours and guide service. 

Thai wakepark in Bangkok is considered one of the best in the world, with visiting pros wintering here as well. Phuket has 3 wakeparks, again, world class. Bangkok now has 3 wakeparks, Pattaya has 1, there is 1 in Hua hin as well, but it's not as good the kite surfers appreciate it when there is no wind tho. 

At this time of year Facebook and Instagram are filled with stories and videos of people riding in Thailand and the philipines. Many spend 3 to 4 months here publishing content, and many others save their pennies to ride with the best over the winter. 

I wakeboard at least 2 days a week in Bangkok, and meet people from around the world every time I ride. 2 of the best riders in the world call Thai wakepark home after growing up here and influence obstacle design and park layout. 

One of the biggest obstacles only series of the year, plastic playground has Thai wakepark as a permanent stop with another international competition slated for a new park in rangsit come the new year 

Many if the wakeparks have attached hotels which are full for the season. 

The point is many come here for reasons other than sitting in a bar with a pint, a prostitute, and a turgid erection. 

Regarding the clubs, yes, you are right sadly, the spaces and soundsystem are ok, but sadly Thailand has gone the way of lowest common denominator edm for the kids. 

There are a few holdouts in Bangkok that play some decent off the mainstream stuff, but to be honest I can't be bothered anymore and prefer to get my kicks in daylight. 

To imagine Thailand is limited to the bar scene is myopic and living in the past. 

On 11/2/2019 at 9:38 AM, robblok said:

Yes but your comparing long stayers with tourists and that is wrong. You act like the lack of tourist is caused by junta its rule and it is not. Tourists are still treated good its just us long stayers (a small percentage compared to tourists) that have a problem. Not everyone off course because in reality without the tm30 nothing much has changed (unless you were one of those of the 3 embassies that stopped giving the income letter)

We always read about 3 embassies, How can The USA, England, Australia and Denmark be 3 embassies?

Archived