Pattaya Halloween: The only scary thing was the complete lack of tourists

rooster59

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JackGats said:

No signs of a high season yet.

High season started at November 1st. Today is 2nd. What do you expect? October 31st - everywhere it´s dead, November 1st. - everything is full?

I counted 45.944 more tourists than last year on Soi Bukao and they spent 2544thb which is 8.14577 baht more than last year. There was, more importantly. also a 24.95424% increase of Indian tourists who spent 31.4412% more than they spent over the past 8 years on average. Great news for the kind generous businesses of Pattaya! 

Why does thailand need halloween?? 

And why do they need christmas? I've seen the christmas tree's already and they use it only for sales purposes. We are not allowed to bring buddha statues to put in the garden but they are using christmas for sales promotion.

4 minutes ago, Thian said:

Why does thailand need halloween?? 

And why do they need christmas?  //

For the same reasons that most other countries have them :

To allow many shops & restaurants to make more business.

Most holidays are just commercial excuses nowadays, everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

For the same reasons that most other countries have them :

To allow many shops & restaurants to make more business.

Most holidays are just commercial excuses nowadays, everywhere.

Then they can also celebrate Sinterklaas which is the original santa claus. He brings loads of presents on 5 december.

2 hours ago, madmen said:

How is it rubbish when MASTERCARD confirms the stats!  Those stats confirm the average stay is 4.8 days so NO they are not just passing through airports unless they are sleeping there 4.8 nights. avg spend is 6000 baht per day. 

Back up your BS with a link and not just anecdotal garbage

go for it - lets see the evidence

38 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

I am living in Chiang Mai. What I have heard, the hotels and hostels are booked very good during Loy Krathong, what is a huge event in the city. I think the largest one in Thailand.

Yes but not many big spending tourists from outside Thailand have any idea what loy krathong is and I doubt if they would book to come to Thailand just for that.

40 minutes ago, johnsmith8888 said:

I counted 45.944 more tourists than last year on Soi Bukao and they spent 2544thb which is 8.14577 baht more than last year. There was, more importantly. also a 24.95424% increase of Indian tourists who spent 31.4412% more than they spent over the past 8 years on average. Great news for the kind generous businesses of Pattaya! 

I believe your figures more than TATS.

43 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

I am living in Chiang Mai. What I have heard, the hotels and hostels are booked very good during Loy Krathong, what is a huge event in the city. I thinkthe largest one in Thailand.

well there you go! everyone has dumped Pattaya and it's imported american superstitions, and gone North!   

Equally possible they've gone to Manila for All Saints Day too!

22 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Yes but not many big spending tourists from outside Thailand have any idea what loy krathong is and I doubt if they would book to come to Thailand just for that.

true

especialy if they know there is a total ban on the flying lanterns

decided by the goverment for this year.

1 minute ago, Wake Up said:

I want to live here and support a beautiful Thai woman and her family. That is my personal preference. But be nice and make it easier. If you have money you have options and the world is your oyster. 

Personally i prefer Thai oyster, small, smooth and usually smell nice ????

Not world economy cuz Halloween was busy in other countries. 

Pattaya cops went bananas, more checkpoints then in Baghdad. Every soi day and night. As well urine testing on streets. Why come to shxxx like this? 

Cant bring drone, cant vape etc.... 

OK, is it just me, or are some of you guys seeing what I see fairly regular.   I'm talking about the Soi Buakhao girls in the bars looking very disinterested in talking with anyone.   When I take the baht bus, in the day or the evening, I see so many girls sitting there with long faces, or very unhappy faces.  Sometimes I see one or two guys in their bar drinking, and the girls are all together looking disinterested, or they are glued to their phones, while the guy(s) are in the bar alone...  Sometimes the girl is sitting next to the guy with the same expression, or lack of expression.  Just my observations...

Guys tell me that this is one of the reasons why they are now going to the P.I., Vietnam, etc., and of course the strong baht is killing a lot as well.

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

Wrong. It´s full of Thais AND people from all over the world, they only come for these festival to Chiang Mai. Many Chinese will come for the weekend. It´s very - and really beautiful. The video is taken from the Iron Bridge, but events like this happen all over the city, which is beautiful decorated too. I love it. And no, I am not from TAT Chiang Mai ;)

12 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes but your comparing long stayers with tourists and that is wrong. You act like the lack of tourist is caused by junta its rule and it is not. Tourists are still treated good its just us long stayers (a small percentage compared to tourists) that have a problem. Not everyone off course because in reality without the tm30 nothing much has changed (unless you were one of those of the 3 embassies that stopped giving the income letter)

And they wouldnt have noticed the 'long stayers' in Walking Street cos they dont need to dress up for halloween.....555!

The only real truth is this thread will be dead and buried 1st of december as the bashers withdraw and lick their wounds in some nahkon nowhere dump only for it to re emerge as a new version of Pattaya is dead thread around May ????

10 minutes ago, madmen said:

The only real truth is this thread will be dead and buried 1st of december as the bashers withdraw and lick their wounds in some nahkon nowhere dump only for it to re emerge as a new version of Pattaya is dead thread around May ????

Stating that there arent many tourists isnt bashing at all, its just stating facts 

5 hours ago, Truthhurts said:

As for bar fines??? That any self respecting man would bleat about the cost of a prostitute speaks volumes....but am I surprised?

Dont tell me it is cheaper in good old back home?

Red Light district Amsterdam, it starts at 50 Euro.  

13 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

Was off the hook here in Bangkok. 

Perhaps pattaya is catering to a dying demographic. 

Off the hook? It was pretty average and certainly poor compared with years past. But it’s been in steady decline in bkk for years too 

Archived