visa problem

38 minutes ago, spencer666 said:

I bought a 60 day visa at the Thai consulate in Georgetown Malaysia yesterday, I went to enter Thailand at Hat Yai (as I have done many times) for a  holiday,

Hello Michael, have you ever had any problems in the past entering Thailand?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think they were asking to see the 20k baht that is required for entry to the country. I am sure they were not asking for a bribe.

Many reports of the Sadao and Pedang Besar crossings wanting to see the 20k baht.

They are asking to show 20k in Sadao?   normally there is some extra accident insurance you buy from the driver (edit: meaning 50-100 baht, not 20k).

And the OP @spencer666 could provide more details on which border he entered, what time he entered, did he come with a group (e.g. minivan/bus) and were the other people allowed in?   (from what you could see)

Edit: Also, your previous travel history and length of stay into Thailand during past 2-3 years (same or previous passports)

edit2:  were you denied entry at Thai border and it was marked in the passport?  Can you upload the image of what they wrote in passport?

Edited by 4evermaat

I guess your visa is still valid. I would go there and show them the required 20.000 Baht. But be prepared that they let you enter Thailand - so take your luggage with you. With too many visas it is always a problem. One day they might block you simply because of this. 

• Like 1

Spencer666

Immigration has been getting tough on long term stayers who stay in Thailand on a tourist visa. This isn't a scam.

Those immigration officers are obviously corrupt because they asked for a bribe.

You're obviously wrong because you should have applied for a retirement visa instead of staying long term as a tourist for the past umpteen years.

It's time to go to Philippines or Latin America if you are from America.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, EricTh said:

It's time to go to Philippines or Latin America if you are from America.

It's time for Thailand to clean up it's act....they shouldn't give a tourist visa if they don't want him in their country.

And the immigration should learn how to speak proper english.

Edited by Youlike
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

where does the op say that he intends to live full time in thailand?

why would the op apply for a retirement visa if he is a tourist who intends to stay for only 60 days?

If it's only 60 days in  a year, do you think he will be pulled aside to one corner?

Many people come on a 60 days tourist visa and were not pulled aside, why him?

Immigration suspects.....

Edited by EricTh