Rees-Mogg says 'common sense' could have saved Grenfell victims

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Fire started by asylum seeker having the fridge plugged into a faulty and over loaded extension socket, then leaving the windows open letting the fire expand onto the cladding, then wanders out knocking on a couple of doors. It's everyone else's fault though!

Wind your xenophobic neck in.

Regardless of his immigration status the fire was not the fault of the guy in flat 16 were the fire started. The inquiry has exonerated him:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/grenfell-inquiry-exonerates-resident-of-flat-where-blaze-began-

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

What relevance is that? None, as usual. The engineer was an engineer not a politician. The person who signed off on the work was a Conservative politician. Doh!

Given the evidence from a qualified engineer for his approval...But you and others have to bring in the a "Conservative" approved it....Typical left wing stuff..

• Confused 2

22 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

What he said was wrong.

His "apology" mainly consisted of making, pathetic, infantile justifications for his comment, ie lies. Not what I would call an apology.

You keep quoting "lies" for no reason, yet you tell lies here....

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Because you would not do the same if the building had been within a Labour council area?!

What are you on about....Whether it was a Labour or Conservative council, those who approve are instructed by the engineer, who could in fact be a Communist...????

• Confused 1

This thread seems like a load of either hard leftists or Remainers (they are not necessarily the same thing) taking any chance they can to put the boot into the Conservative Leaver.

What he said whether factually correct or not was definitely insensitive to come out and say it. He has realized this and therefore apologized. Time to move on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

What are you on about....Whether it was a Labour or Conservative council, those who approve are instructed by the engineer, who could in fact be a Communist...????

As I said earlier, where is your evidence that there was a design safety review?

The inquiry was scoped such that how and why the building was modified to become a death trap was not examined.

The decision to exclude these considerations  from the scope of the inquiry was political.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Wind your xenophobic neck in.

Regardless of his immigration status the fire was not the fault of the guy in flat 16 were the fire started. The inquiry has exonerated him:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/grenfell-inquiry-exonerates-resident-of-flat-where-blaze-began-

Of course it did

• Haha 1

Then point me to the bit where the inquiry has examined why the building was covered with an inflammable cladding?

Where does the inquiry examine who made that decision?

Where does the inquiry examine the design approval process?

Where does the inquiry examine the installation inspection and approval process?

Do’t waste too much time looking.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Then point me to the bit where the inquiry has examined why the building was covered with an inflammable cladding?

Where does the inquiry examine who made that decision?

Where does the inquiry examine the design approval process?

Where does the inquiry examine the installation inspection and approval process?

Do’t waste too much time looking.

You remind me of when I was a kid and had to attend union meetings, listening to blokes who were just anti-establishment, anti anything...Most were communists, not saying you are though....????

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

Given the evidence from a qualified engineer for his approval...But you and others have to bring in the a "Conservative" approved it....Typical left wing stuff..

That's what happens when a right winger wrongly tries to bring in it is the responsibility of labour.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The bad penny turns up again; 

2019-11-08-171245-twitter.png

Whilst it may be matter of choice were one wears the poppy, his choice seems somewhat disrespectful.

Let's see his defenders come out in support once again....especially the ones who have abandoned their country and made their home elsewhere.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

The bad penny turns up again; 

2019-11-08-171245-twitter.png

Whilst it may be matter of choice were one wears the poppy, his choice seems somewhat disrespectful.

Let's see his defenders come out in support once again....especially the ones who have abandoned their country and made their home elsewhere.

Well said The Capdoffers and Knee Crawlers Social Club........ding ding

8 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

....and they consider him "clever". Perhaps they are using a different dictionary than I.

He's been to a 'posh' school and is to the manor born. And he used to sell full-fat union-jacked Brexit - now along with his new Eton backed boss he is selling lies cos poor old Theresa was just a woman who went to grammar school (shudders) and didn't understand the 'cor blimey guv' working class. 

The rich man in his castle,

The poor man at his gate,
God made them high and lowly,
And ordered their estate.

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

He's been to a 'posh' school and is to the manor born. And he used to sell full-fat union-jacked Brexit - now along with his new Eton backed boss he is selling lies cos poor old Theresa was just a woman who went to grammar school (shudders) and didn't understand the 'cor blimey guv' working class. 

The rich man in his castle,

The poor man at his gate,
God made them high and lowly,
And ordered their estate.

They do seem to have a penchant for trying the pull the wool over our eyes.  I should just say lying.

44 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

They do seem to have a penchant for trying the pull the wool over our eyes.  I should just say lying.

The scary thing is like Trump their is a proportion of the working class who lap it up and vote against their own self-interest. How they must laugh and celebrate this behind close doors when they don't have to pretend to care.  If he wins the tax cuts and tax breaks for the rich will be warmly celebrated with a new Ferrari or yacht and Johnson will have won his golden ticket to future riches and intoxicating power. 

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Unless of course ‘your house’ is an apartment located above the fire in a high rise building and the stairwells are filled with smoke.

Well staying did do them much good did it. I would have taken my chances in the stairwell.

• Confused 1

On 11/8/2019 at 1:35 AM, DannyCarlton said:

Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation (KCTMO) were responsible for fire safety at Grenfell Tower. They were wholly answerable to Kensington and Chelsea Borough Council, which, by a large majority, is a Conservative held borough council.

The fire safety management for properties in the Borrough of Kensinton and Chelsea were handed back directly to the council last year.

See you saw fit  to swerve my earlier post,so which government took the responsibility of fire checks away from the fire brigade and gave it to the council,( as you state )?

Edited by kingdong

8 hours ago, kingdong said:

See you saw fit  to swerve my earlier post,so which government took the responsibility of fire checks away from the fire brigade and gave it to the council,( as you state )?

If you think that you know something, why don't you post it?

All housing authorities are responsible for regulating standards in privately rented homes, while those who are still landlords themselves are also responsible for the homes they own. Along with responding to fires, all fire authorities have two roles: responsibility for enforcing the law in multi-occupied residential buildings and for educating communities about how to reduce the risk of fire. Where a property could be under both council and fire authority regulation, they should work together to decide who will lead on any enforcement action.

So what is the point that you are hoping to make?

3 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

If you think that you know something, why don't you post it?

So what is the point that you are hoping to make?

Google it up like I did,what did your last servant die of?

Edited by kingdong

14 hours ago, Henryford said:

Well staying did do them much good did it. I would have taken my chances in the stairwell.

Installing a flammable cladding didn’t do much good did it?

Perhaps it should never have been installed.

Local council approves installation of cladding and assigns budget.

Let’s start with examining why they chose to do so and then move on to why that particular cladding was chosen.