Rees-Mogg says 'common sense' could have saved Grenfell victims

snoop1130

20 hours ago, sanemax said:

Which English used was incorrect ?

Who said what wrong ?

Not  having complete understanding of the English language ?.

Lessons need to be learned @ taxpayers exspense .  Nothing new ..

Edited by elliss

8 minutes ago, elliss said:

Not  having complete understanding of the English language ?

No, the people in the building were told to stay inside the building by the authorities , there was no misunderstanding at all 

11 hours ago, evadgib said:

The Mogg is being milked like a friesian on this morning's news; all of which being remain outlets which is hardly surprising. How would they have reacted if it had been Grieve or Miller?

This will cost the tories votes, mine included ..

• Like 2

I'm afraid Boris Johnson and the Tories think the British public are thick, gullible, oiks. They think they can insult their intelligence and they'll all trot off and vote for him. They think he can stand in front of Downing Street and bluff and lie and lie and bluff and they'll all trot off and vote for him. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, tebee said:

I'm afraid Boris Johnson and the Tories think the British public are thick, gullible, oiks. They think they can insult their intelligence and they'll all trot off and vote for him. They think he can stand in front of Downing Street and bluff and lie and lie and bluff and they'll all trot off and vote for him. 

I certainly shall.

(or at least one of his colleagues).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ivor bigun said:

read it again Chomper ,"if i was in a tower block And i was able to,i would leave. (ABLE TO)  "that is what i said .

Well it was a tower block and you would not have been able to.

So let’s stop scapegoating the fire service, stop insulting the victims and examine how come such a death trap was allowed to be set.

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

So let’s stop scapegoating the fire service, stop insulting the victims and examine how come such a death trap was allowed to be set.

was it not built under a labour council? or liberal democrats? and when have i insulted the victims or done any scaremongering?

21 hours ago, oldhippy said:

common sense and correct use of English could have saved them

Some of them probably could not understand it very well. The block built for working Brits was over 90% occupied by those of foreign extraction. The reason so many could scam the authorities for over 700k was because the council did not know who was living there, despite council tax and voting register info.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Some of them probably could not understand it very well. The block built for working Brits was over 90% occupied by those of foreign extraction. The reason so many could scam the authorities for over 700k was because the council did not know who was living there, despite council tax and voting register info.

Which contributed to the installation of cladding that created a death trap how?

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No, there were some people who were able to escape and leave the building and the fire brigade told them to stay in the building and they died .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, there were some people who were able to escape and leave the building and the fire brigade told them to stay in the building and they died .

Yep, the people below the fire escaped, some people above the fire escaped before it ‘took hold’.

People above the fire who did not escape in the very small window of time before the fire spread perished.

The photo at the top of the thread is a clue.

1 minute ago, tebee said:

Why does anyone, who isn't a rich b*stard, ever vote for the Tories ?

Cap doffers... [edit] and forelock tuggers.

(I once saw a gunsmith tug his forelocks while he was serving the Earl of Yarborough... OK it was Lincolnshire, but nevertheless a perfect example of modern voluntary surfdom).

Edited by Chomper Higgot

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

We should change our minds because of a published opinion of an idiot?

Once again;

Any residents of the tower who called the fire service were told to remain in their flat unless it was affected, which is the standard policy for a fire in a high-rise building, as each flat should be fireproofed from its neighbours. Also due to this policy, the building had no central fire alarm

So it is most definitely not common sense in this situation.

The problem, is that they did not take into account that the cladding material was highly flammable.

Without the cladding, the fire would likely not have spread beyond flat 16.

So easy for Rees Mogg to have 20:20 vision after the fact. What exactly was he trying to do? Through the brave men and women of the Fire Brigade in it? He has shown time and time again that he is totally out of touch with the lives of ordinary people.

It's a tower block, not a single dwelling. Of course he, Rees Mogg, would leave his house, because he has likely never once entered a similar tower block.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, tebee said:

Why does anyone, who isn't a rich b*stard, ever vote for the Tories ?

Because we feel that their policies are better for the economy which helps us to enrich ourselves and Labour takes everythin   

g that we earned and gives it to other people

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, sanemax said:

Difficult call .

You would expect that the fire brigade knew what they were talking about and you would do as they say  

You're never going to get me to sit in a burning building and hope they can put it out before I die of smoke inhalation, ever.

The smoke gets you way before the fire does.

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

But it wasn't Grieve , nor Miller. It was Rees Mogg. Trying to based your argument on a totally made up scenario is poor. You might as well have stated, "What if it were my giddy old aunt?" 

The only one, from the very beginning, I see trying to make it about Brexit, is you. How ironic, since you claimed what others might try to do.

You can try to 'spin' it as much as you like. But those buffoons(Johnson and Rees Mogg) are representing us.

I will be most surprised if at least one own goal in the other direction hasn't surfaced by polling day. 

My money's on Abbot.

Edited by evadgib

And just when you think the filth can't get worse along trots his pleb lap-dog to ape his master's voice. Just occasionally their posh mask slips and they show their real, privileged , elitist hatred for those lower than them. And let's not forget the block was clad so posh residents wouldn't have to look at an ugly council block by a Tory council and a fire brigade cut right back with not enough officers to do enough checks and inspections.

https://www.indy100.com/video/trending/andrew-bridgen-defends-jacob-rees-mogg-over-grenfell-comment-IcsZrdPD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

You're never going to get me to sit in a burning building and hope they can put it out before I die of smoke inhalation, ever.

The smoke gets you way before the fire does.

Easy for you to say/write. People died trying to get out.

Survivors of the disaster said on Wednesday they had raised fears about the fact that there was only one escape route. They also told the Kensington and Chelsea tenant management organisation (KCTMO) of their concerns over the placement of boilers and gas pipes, the absence of a building-wide fire alarm or sprinkler system, and piles of rubbish being dumped and causing a fire risk.

Only last November, the Grenfell Action Group warned of “dangerous living conditions” and said: “It is a truly terrifying thought, but the Grenfell Action Group firmly believe that only a catastrophic event will expose the ineptitude and incompetence of our landlord, the KCTMO.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/14/fire-safety-concerns-raised-by-grenfell-tower-residents-in-2012

They had been raising concerns for many years. Sadly, wholly avoidable.

The idiot(Rees-Mogg) should have kept his mouth shut.

3 hours ago, JamJar said:

We should change our minds because of a published opinion of an idiot?

Once again;

So it is most definitely not common sense in this situation.

The problem, is that they did not take into account that the cladding material was highly flammable.

Without the cladding, the fire would likely not have spread beyond flat 16.

So easy for Rees Mogg to have 20:20 vision after the fact. What exactly was he trying to do? Through the brave men and women of the Fire Brigade in it? He has shown time and time again that he is totally out of touch with the lives of ordinary people.

It's a tower block, not a single dwelling. Of course he, Rees Mogg, would leave his house, because he has likely never once entered a similar tower block.

Spiked is rent-a-mob contrarian ex Marxists - now shilling for big dosh. 

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Spiked

• Like 1