THAI execs, staff have to cut back on travel

webfact

4 hours ago, Derek B said:

Just follow a few more successful airline operators working practices.

I was going to say that back on page 2 of this thread but you beat me to it.

To me (and you, I presume) that is the obvious solution but sadly Thais seem to "always know best"..........until they don't! :unsure:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steve187 said:

not sure if i believe that, Cathay only allow 2 family and 1 friend, the friend has to fly with the employee, the family can fly on stand by tickets, without the employee they are on a non profit ticket. which are at low cost, but have to pay all fees, taxes etc on top, 

That sounds like usual airline policy.

At Delta my flights benefits extend to;

Spouse

Minor Children

Children in College up to age 26

Active Military Children

One Buddy Pass who has to travel with me

And as I said in a previous post, all of that depends on availability of non rev seats being available, so essentially you are always on the Standby List

8 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Spouse

Minor Children

Active Military Children

And as I said in a previous post, all of that depends on availability of non rev seats being available, so essentially you are always on the Standby List

How many times? per year

17 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Spouse

Minor Children

Active Military Children

sorry i was listing for an unmarried member of staff

“The company will suspend or postpone sending staff for training, attending meetings or working elsewhere domestically and overseas unless it’s important or it could have a negative impact on the company if they’re not sent,”

I would think Staff Training,  Work, and avoiding Negative Impact is pretty important!

"managing directors and other top executives will be asked to limit their requests for travel expenses domestically and abroad to what is already specified in current regulations".

And here we have the 'real' problem, managers and executives who refuse to follow the current regulations, because well..... they are managers and executives and do not have to follow regulations. Thainess!

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 2:55 PM, madmen said:

How about the generals and high ranking Govt officials, will they be kicked out of 1st class? those seats are expensive

Only if you pay for them

On 11/7/2019 at 3:26 PM, BobbyL said:

Well, if that is fully implemented then at least they are beginning to release the issues. 

"release"? "  Think you  mean "realise" - but there again, maybe "release"is more appropriate ? !!!

14 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

For Thai Air to survive, they have to start from the CEO and their top execs, 1. All

take a 50 percent wage cut. 2. All stop free travel until they are in good financial

shape. 3. Get some outside help that knows how to get the airline in better shape.

4. Quit their corrupt practices, and too many free flights for too many staff and

especially families and friends of the staff. 5. No more free flights for any Military

people, and the Thai PM.  5555 It will never happen, but one can hope.

Geezer

"families and friends of the staff." Probably first to go

"free flights for any Military people, and the Thai PM" Probably last to go - if ever!.

• Like 1

I wonder if they will be able to tell the billionaire generals that they are no longer welcome to fly free, in first or business class, anywhere in the world, whenever they want. I would love to see the looks on their faces!

Get out of here. You are no longer welcome. You are bankrupting the airline. And you are not worth it. You do absolutely nothing for the nation!

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 8:55 PM, joloit said:

The  “trolly dollies”, as you call them, are there to save your <deleted> should something happen. Not very funny, sir!!

Lol. 38k feet in the air over the arctic, one gets out alive.

Sky waitress/es

On my return to BKK last month just thinking what a dreadful, dirty job it was. All the glamour long gone. Selling <deleted>, bussing trays. Always short staffed.

At least most of the Asian airlines insist they are slim and attractive when hired.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:56 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

For Thai Air to survive, they have to start from the CEO and their top execs, 1. All

take a 50 percent wage cut. 2. All stop free travel until they are in good financial

shape. 3. Get some outside help that knows how to get the airline in better shape.

4. Quit their corrupt practices, and too many free flights for too many staff and

especially families and friends of the staff. 5. No more free flights for any Military

people, and the Thai PM.  5555 It will never happen, but one can hope.

Geezer

Wrong !  your option 3 should moved to number 1. Then let him sort the rest out.

Yet another Thai Airways thread, yet another group of the same old people making the same old comments about Hisos.

Can one of you - any one of you - please post a link or some evidence that "hisos" fly free in First class, business class or any class.  Government ministers used to get travel perks but as far as I remember that was stopped 10-15 years ago.

So instead of perpetuating another good old TVF myth and bleating how a foreigner would save it, how about some evidence?  By the way free (or heavily discounted) flights for staff and their family and friends is an industry norm.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1