Cannabis in Thailand: How far will the green gold rush go?

webfact

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I fail to understand the reluctance to full legalise and include recreational use and have heard no valid arguments against recreational use,what are they so afraid of?I've often been "off my face" perhaps it is this loss of face that frightens them!

In case you were not aware this place is already one of the top traffic death places in the world.  Having a bunch of stoned pothead drivers out there will not help. If one in fact slams into you or a family member causing injury, you may feel differently.

California is a good example lots of issues with stoned drivers causing big problems.

It is a very stupid idea for any weed to be allowed here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

In case you were not aware this place is already one of the top traffic death places in the world.  Having a bunch of stoned pothead drivers out there will not help. If one in fact slams into you or a family member causing injury, you may feel differently.

California is a good example lots of issues with stoned drivers causing big problems.

Ah yes... but the silver lining is that after smashing into you, they will be less likely to get angry and violent, blaming you for a fictional fault, whilst causing more angst. 

Meanwhile, and perhaps it’s different in the Divided states, but I thought it was still illegal to drive under the influence.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Cannabis is illegal in Thailand.

How are those clinics in Bangkok selling oil doing? Still open?

https://www.thaicbd.info/full-list-of-cbd-thc-oil-clinics-in-thailand/?fbclid=IwAR0LBILynSIoOhv3UBHZfTWW-HJvYVkaJlS3sxYGw1xv0RWXhjSpKzZYgFM

And if you are looking for more info on what is going on in Thailand with cannabis, go here on fb... https://www.facebook.com/groups/196792094467129/permalink/545966129549722/

Again, I know nothing about cannabis.

But I'm not sure I'd want staff that make important, timely and financial decisions going out for "smoke" breaks during work hours.

For those with experience, is that a valid concern?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes. a very narrow and specific end user. from only a few licensed hospitals.

Cannabis is illegal in Thailand. Many people are getting the wrong information coming to Thailand now thinking it is OK to be in possession of Cannabis. It is not. 

Very true, cannabis is illegal in Thailand. You are getting a lot of wrong info from people who are not an attorney.

You get one lady who thinks she is an attorney, but she is no better jail house attorney. I work for the only Cannabis Thai owned company in Thailand, www.taratera.com

And we use the number one cannabis attorneys in Thailand, "Baker & McKenzie" they know there Sh!t. Just remember one thing, if someone is talking about cannabis law...

just ask them if they are an attorney?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DLock said:

Again, I know nothing about cannabis.

But I'm not sure I'd want staff that make important, timely and financial decisions going out for "smoke" breaks during work hours.

For those with experience, is that a valid concern?

Would you allow them to have whisky breaks during work hours ?

No.

So would you retain them if they had smoke breaks during work hours ?

Presumably not ....

It isn't rocket science.

• Like 1

There is a "Cannabis Extraction Conference" coming up on the 24th of Nov. (Sunday), with real people who know what they are talking about. You also have the number one

Extraction company in the world will be at this show; Radient Technologie Inc.

Now this conference will have the Deputy Prime Minister, and the FDA, Agriculture and two other Minister and there staff. And also the top Master Growers in Thailand, and the top Green House company in Thailand.  If you stop by the Taratera cannabis booth when you first walk in the door, they can help you out with a lot of good info.

Note:  This show will be at the Miracle Grand Convention Hotel in Bangkok, starts at 9 am.

thumbnail_IMG_6202.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0831.jpg

TARATERA.jpg

• Thanks 1

The prevailing view of government nanny states would appear to have moved from 'weed is bad - we say no' to 'weed may be a medicine, so we say okay, but it mustn't be enjoyed in any way so we still say no to that'.

Sigh .....

Meanwhile a known dangerous drug is legal, taxed, socially approved and in some ways socially compulsory.

Is the world mad or is it just me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Docmartin said:

The prevailing view of government nanny states would appear to have moved from 'weed is bad - we say no' to 'weed may be a medicine, so we say okay, but it mustn't be enjoyed in any way so we still say no to that'.

Sigh .....

Meanwhile a known dangerous drug is legal, taxed, socially approved and in some ways socially compulsory.

Is the world mad or is it just me. 

You think to mut

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I believe they're called 'business lunches'.

In Australia it's called 'bludging' though some prefer 'networking'.

If a business wants its staff to work with altered consciousness then go for it.

Should be fine for painters or comedians (except in the cold light of dawn their formerly 'brilliant' efforts might be seen as garbage).

Not so much for financial planners or crane operators.

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Allow me to retort as Dave Allen once said 20% of all vehicle accidents involve alcohol so maybe the other 80% should get off the road.:cheesy:

5 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I fail to understand the reluctance to full legalise and include recreational use and have heard no valid arguments against recreational use,what are they so afraid of?I've often been "off my face" perhaps it is this loss of face that frightens them!

In certain area especially Asian region, the usage is widely abuse as an excuse to commit crime and then they cooked up stories that devil and god have something to do with it.

Edited by TTL2

3 hours ago, tabarin said:

Won't come far as this is Thailand, they are behind for no reason already. Only good thing people can hope for is not having legal issues using it.
Reason? Xenophobic behaviour, wanting to re-invent every wheel and not allowing foreigners to do the job properly.

Yes they are behind for a good reason, farmers can not grow yet because of one... it will be talked about at the conference on the 24th of Nov.

2 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

It is not just for the Thai's, as a farang I got my permit on the 2nd of June, 2019. I can use CBD/Cannabis and carry and fly with it.

That's exactly what I mean by too late I have already made 3 orders of THC oil and have read numerous posts of other falangs have also bought cannabis oil. 

• Thanks 1

without outside help thai farmers will be highly disappointed. a pound of outdoor thai grown wouldn't fetch much more than a few hundred dollars per back home. canada.

the best growers in the world tend to stay away from govt programs for good reason..... we all know what happens when govt's get involved.

https://business.financialpost.com/cannabis/cannabis-business/how-the-ontario-cannabis-retail-corp-lost-42-million-last-year

to sum up the article......bla bla bla we can't do what the black market does.

the product being put out by the LP's in canada cannot compete with the black market in most cases. it is simply sub par and totally overpriced. 

allow normal people who want to follow the laws to grow and sell to an open market. let the market dictate where things go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Most boils down to a foreign country engaged in the "War on Drugs" - can you sing red white and blue - cutting off funding if any foreign country even considers going the decrim / legal route.

No shiny new fighters, tanks, and all the other 'Must Haves'

Reduction or elimination of foreign aid

Can you say Blackmail

Stop spreading bs. 

If you look at other countries that have legalized for recreational use, they started with legal medical weed, and it took years for recreational use to be approved. Even a very liberal state like California took years to move from medical to recreational.

5 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

There is a "Cannabis Extraction Conference" coming up on the 24th of Nov. (Sunday), with real people who know what they are talking about. You also have the number one

Extraction company in the world will be at this show; Radient Technologie Inc.

Now this conference will have the Deputy Prime Minister, and the FDA, Agriculture and two other Minister and there staff. And also the top Master Growers in Thailand, and the top Green House company in Thailand.  If you stop by the Taratera cannabis booth when you first walk in the door, they can help you out with a lot of good info.

Note:  This show will be at the Miracle Grand Convention Hotel in Bangkok, starts at 9 am.

thumbnail_IMG_6202.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0831.jpg

TARATERA.jpg

Are they offering sample packets