insurance, what a scam

Thailand is proving they do not want any foreigners living here!!!

the approved insurance company's is a total joke!!!!

oh, the brown bags.

most of the company's will not write a new policy for some one in there 70's.  they will only renew the policy if you all ready had it!!!!!

this being a new plane, how can you be eligible if you never had insurance!!!

the squeeze is on!!!

time to set up plan "B", to move to a country that appreciates us and our money!!!

• Like 2

Just now, rodknock said:

unfortunately not all of use are loaded with money, like you probable are.

some of us moved here because it was financially impossible to live in our home country. 

So is it the fault of Thailand or yours?

You expect for Thai government to pay for your medical or how do you propose to pay when you say you not loaded?

Again, the cover is a joke, only 400 000 inpatient, would pay for public hospital, may be gets you 1 night in a private,and with such low cover ,premium is also very low and can be reduce further by opting for a higher claim excess.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, timendres said:

I have an HSA account with 3M THB in it set aside solely for medical bills. I have paid every medical bill in Thailand on time and with cash. Why am I to be forced to purchase insurance I do not need?

Unless, as stated previously, you are not eligible for any insurance.

The simpler solution is for hospitals to simply state that uninsured people must pay up front. And free services are simply not provided. Done and dusted without the current corrupt bs being painted as solving a problem.

Every single person is eligible for insurance, but some will have either high premiums or many exclusions or both.

Because minimum cover required is so low, premium would not be very high and as already said, can be offset by opting for high deductible.

If you have 3 million put aside, that is good, and what happens if you use it up? do you have another 3 million to top it up?

And in your case, would having to pay 20 000 per year for low cover insurance hurt you all that much if you had 3 million stashed away?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I think I've got about 60 million Baht per year worth of insurance cover which is for both inpatient and outpatient treatment.

My policy would not be accepted by immigration if I were to attempt to use it.

It is a scam.

Incorrect, you have to fill out a form have it certified and it will be accepted.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Only for the first year, not for extension here

I did not see any limitations stating first year only. From my understanding as long as you can have your cover certified you can use it as evidence of insurance

Do you have a link to where it says can only be used for the first year?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, meand said:

Everything is a scam. Our entire existences are a giant scam. In the west most of our tax dollars go to fund wars that make weapons manufacturers rich. People die in the wars, the wars cause more instability in the regions we go, and we create more enemies. 

We are living in the middle of the largest scams in human history, and Thailand's health insurance policy scam is not even a grain of sand on top of that mountain. 

On the bright side you get cheap petrol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

I did not see any limitations stating first year only. From my understanding as long as you can have your cover certified you can use it as evidence of insurance

Do you have a link to where it says can only be used for the first year?

Plenty.  Am on a phone, so just read the threads. 

Overseas insurance is ok for the issue of the visa, the extension of stay appears to need one of the assigned policies which links to a database that IOs can check.

People who use multiple entry options might work that option with the signed declaration.

3 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Plenty.  Am on a phone, so just read the threads. 

Overseas insurance is ok for the issue of the visa, the extension of stay appears to need one of the assigned policies which links to a database that IOs can check.

People who use multiple entry options might work that option with the signed declaration.

I have not seen any regulation stating that. If you have your own cover certified , IO can see that as well and this is why rule states must be certified 

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

I have not seen any regulation stating that. If you have your own cover certified , IO can see that as well and this is why rule states must be certified 

It's the part of the regulation that says first year only when discussing non Thai policies.

• Like 1

Just now, timendres said:

In other words, for some it will be getting nothing for something. A government handout to an industry certainly lining their pockets.

Indeed I do. But unlike many, I have no interest in wasting good money preserving a decaying body. Happy to check out when the time comes, and leave those assets to my children who can put it to better use.

Again, why would I want to pay anything for nothing?

It is what it is . Why? Because .

so now instead of paying 1900 for extension you be paying 21900 or something and might be able to use it as well 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, timendres said:

Seems you work for a Thai insurance company.

Why do i need to work for Thai Insurance company to have some common sense and logic?

Oh wait, let me jump on this is a scam wagon and then something is going to change right?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

No you can NOT get it certified by simply filling out a form.  There is a form that could be filled out and signed, but good luck getting the proper signatures on the form

have you tried it already?

• Sad 1

Kills me when I see “Thailand doesn’t appreciate my money”, followed by not having insurance. So God forbid, when you get old and become gravely ill, or get into an accident—who will be forced to treat you and be left hanging with a hefty bill? It’s a two way street. And the answer is not GoFundMe.

Edited by mduras01
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Fair or not fair is your decision to make, can always remain in your home country

Yes, perhaps the only thing you have said I would definitely agree with, is best for people to make sure you always retain that option when you come here, or have another location option available. Perhaps the policy choice , with the highest priority.!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not quite. The insurance they are providing is worthless and why aren't they being pragmatic and allowing a cash balance alternative i.e. 400k\800k in the bank......

They are not pragmatic people!