Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

44 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

My Thai family informs me that there are many cases of Covid 19 appearing in my twin home towns of Ubon Ratchathani and Warin Chamrap and I have told them to shut the business down,wear masks and cut down on travel over Songkhran-local stuff only....

DSCN5825.JPG

DSCN5832.JPG

Ubon eh?Just around the corner then.I might have to pop round for a visit sometime.The official number I saw in Uo for yesterday was 6 cases and the first time I've seen Ubon mentioned during this wave.Did you tell your family to cut down on the clubbing scene which I notice is rampant in Ubon.Apparently our welding gases come from Warin.

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Eh?

Clubbing scene?my M-i-L is 80 years old...her sisters are between 68-to 77.

Over the last 112 pages on this thread I have posted many dozens of photos of Ubon and Warin..

If you want to see me then you will have to swim a long way...you will grasp the geography of the planet eventually..

WAFTAM.

What does WAFTAM stand for?All I can think of is Women Always Fart To Annoy(or Attract) Men?If it was WAFTEM I would sub Annoy (Attract) with Entice?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I know exactly where you were sitting..amazing isn't it?

It is. The table top is exactly the same. And yes, that is the place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I spent 30 odd years in Gov't health Depts-including a stint under the WHO-with field trips to Melanesia (Bougainville and Choiseul) Indonesia (Banda Aceh,Sumatra) and Mumbai...

Whenever we encountered the usual SNAFU we would deem it a WAFTAM...".waste of F#@5*ng time and money"..Aussies,eh?

I did get as far as WAFT but the final AM eluded me and AM could also be And Memories or Mammaries.I did travel on a bus for seven hours to travel 200Kms from Lake Toba To Sibolga where we shipped out to Nias.I didn't think much of Sibolga. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Glad to see you easing up on the grumpy pills Ody ????????
Nice pics mate.

"Forum for room or rent

threads to let for 50 cents..

world news has crashed..and I

ain't got no cigarettes..!

I'm a man of means by no means-king of the cloud. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Glad to see you easing up on the grumpy pills Ody ????????
Nice pics mate.

Geez...why?Our thread had descended to a level of discombobulation that would not threaten a lemon meringue pie.....

Now we giving it a bit of a kick in the cobblers.

No-one wants to die of intellectual inanition.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

I blame that French chap, banging on about his banging skills all the time. 

Yes.....I didn't want to tell him that there existed remarkable fecundity on display along the banks of the Mun river..which far and away outmatched those of the Seine.

Now I'm not gonna say that I paid for it..but I did settle a heck of a lot of electricity and water bills...????

Gawd..if I didn't have a titanium leg i'd still be paying those damn bills now..

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes.....I didn't want to tell him that there existed remarkable fecundity on display along the banks of the Mun river..which far and away outmatched those of the Seine.

Now I'm not gonna say that I paid for it..but I did settle a heck of a lot of electricity and water bills...????

Gawd..if I didn't have a titanium leg i'd still be paying those damn bills now..

In the words of the equally debonare Maxwell Smart “...and loving it !”

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2021 at 4:34 AM, Kadilo said:

Anyone who thinks  Essex doesn’t have countryside hasn’t been down these parts. 

Wasn't John Constable's 'The Hay Wain' set in Essex?

Which brings back fond memories of my first visit to The National Gallery 50 years ago and standing there absolutely floored by J.W.M.Turner's 'The Fighting Temeraire','Rain,Steam and Wind' and,of,course,the Constables.

There were quite a few tropical sunsets in Thailand which I dubbed "Turner sunsets".

• Like 2