Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

6 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I enjoyed your log as always Owl.

I'd not heard about the Alex Belfield case, so I looked it up. Not just a case of excessive texting but full scale harrassment (albeit not physical).

The judge's summary is worth reading.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/R-v-Belfield-sentencing-160922.pdf

Been listening to Alex Belfield for a long while. He was certainly obsessed with the BBC.

His place got raided by the police some time ago. Plenty more to come out yet.

On 9/14/2022 at 11:27 AM, Golden Triangle said:

That won't be very often then ???????????? ( Only joking ) ????????

The Irons should at the very least got a point. We were much the better team; although a bit toothless up front.

What about the Leicester and WHU managers swapping clubs? Both under pressure it seems. I'll go with that.

Apart from the Orient continuing on their unstoppable march, the w/e footy highlight for me was;

St Mirren 2 - Celtic 0

Love to see the biggies brought down. Even if it is just for one match.

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

The Irons should at the very least got a point. We were much the better team; although a bit toothless up front.

What about the Leicester and WHU managers swapping clubs? Both under pressure it seems. I'll go with that.

Apart from the Orient continuing on their unstoppable march, the w/e footy highlight for me was;

St Mirren 2 - Celtic 0

Love to see the biggies brought down. Even if it is just for one match.

Yep I also like to see the underdog trump the better team, as long as it's not mine ????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just watched a discussion on health that I had to share with you.

https://drtomcowan.com/blogs/podcasts/46-dr-amandha-vollmer

Dr Cowan I'm very familiar with; but not so Amandha Vollmer. She is big into urine therapy. Previously I had dismissed stuff like this as being; well 'whacky'. I had posted on the Diary thread about Dr Gundry some years ago. Also Max Gerson; who has a therapy named after him. I would have put their investigations unto the same category as Amandha's. But then something switched on in my mind. I seem to recall a poster - Marco kok Prong - saying that drinking a litre a day of cow urine worked wonders .

Anyway, after watching the vid', I spoke to the wife who was watching TV. I told her what I had watched and she - to my great surprise - told me that in a near-by village, everyone did it. To press her for more info' would have risked a verbal, or physical, lashing. Didn't dare ask her if she had ever indulged in it herself! So I left it there.

Is urine therapy common here in Isaan? I know 'snail slime' is used, and also crocodile blood; but urine therapy is a new one on me. Evidently it is especially effective at nullifying hornet/wasp stings. Wish I'd known all about this a few weeks back, when I was attacked by a load of them.

Edited by owl sees all

28 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Just watched a discussion on health that I had to share with you.

https://drtomcowan.com/blogs/podcasts/46-dr-amandha-vollmer

Dr Cowan I'm very familiar with; but not so Amandha Vollmer. She is big into urine therapy. Previously I had dismissed stuff like this as being; well 'whacky'. I had posted on the Diary thread about Dr Gundry some years ago. Also Max Gerson; who has a therapy named after him. I would have put their investigations unto the same category as Amandha's. But then something switched on in my mind. I seem to recall a poster - Marco kok Prong - saying that drinking a litre a day of cow urine worked wonders .

Anyway, after watching the vid', I spoke to the wife who was watching TV. I told her what I had watched and she - to my great surprise - told me that in a near-by village, everyone did it. To press her for more info' would have risked a verbal, or physical, lashing. Didn't dare ask her if she had ever indulged in it herself! So I left it there.

Is urine therapy common here in Isaan? I know 'snail slime' is used, and also crocodile blood; but urine therapy is a new one on me. Evidently it is especially effective at nullifying hornet/wasp stings. Wish I'd known all about this a few weeks back, when I was attacked by a load of them.

Once in Issan I took my old lady and a few select ladies for an exorcism. I didn't watch, instead drank a few cans of Leo on my tailgate.

• Like 1

You're welcome Owl to come round to our farm and collect our cows' urine anytime. Sometimes they drink each others' urine in mid-stream. What baffles me is once they hear the chain and lock banging against the door, signifying they're about to go out, they all empty their bladders, leaving the floor flooded. Why can't they just hold on for a few moments till they're in the fields? I get it with male dogs staking out their territory but this seems excessive!

Got a question for you Owl. Do you know anywhere around Ban Dung that sells the tiny fish called guppy? I went to the weekly market but nothing there. Perhaps the monthly market 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Once in Issan I took my old lady and a few select ladies for an exorcism. I didn't watch, instead drank a few cans of Leo on my tailgat

I watched an exorcism in the Caribbean many moons ago. Found it interesting to see ladies writhing on the floor, in the mud naked, to the sound of the big drum.

Plenty of rum about that evening.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bannork said:

You're welcome Owl to come round to our farm and collect our cows' urine anytime. Sometimes they drink each others' urine in mid-stream. What baffles me is once they hear the chain and lock banging against the door, signifying they're about to go out, they all empty their bladders, leaving the floor flooded. Why can't they just hold on for a few moments till they're in the fields? I get it with male dogs staking out their territory but this seems excessive!

Got a question for you Owl. Do you know anywhere around Ban Dung that sells the tiny fish called guppy? I went to the weekly market but nothing there. Perhaps the monthly market 

Is Guppy the tiny colourful fish that eats the mozzie lava?

A had a few hundred 10 years back. I'll ask around.

That cow pee does not appeal to me. Marko was enthusiastic about it. I'm sure there are posters that remember the thread.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Is Guppy the tiny colourful fish that eats the mozzie lava?

A had a few hundred 10 years back. I'll ask around.

That cow pee does not appeal to me. Marko was enthusiastic about it. I'm sure there are posters that remember the thread.

That's the fish. My wife never went for the cows' urine but she and her friends would steal the cow's post birth placenta and fry it up between them! 

It's rich with proteins and the cow herself would consume it, but the thieving humans got there first!

6 minutes ago, bannork said:

That's the fish. My wife never went for the cows' urine but she and her friends would steal the cow's post birth placenta and fry it up between them! 

It's rich with proteins and the cow herself would consume it, but the thieving humans got there first!

I'll ask about for the fish.

Strange diet some of these wives have.

I'm sure Mrs Owl did the baby rats (last Owl Log).

Just as an addendum to the post about urine.

Had a good look at Amandha's page yummy.doctor, and I see that one shouldn't mix up the urine with the sexes. In other words men should keep to men's urine and ladies to ladies.

So, if any posters are thinking of taking up the urine challenge - as I am - then don't ask the wife to save hers for your use.

Edited by owl sees all

18 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Beware the lunatic fringe Owl, but do as you will.

I'm sure to keep well clear of the 'lunatic fringe' HP.

But Amandha is a cute cookie. Not a grey hair on her body.

Amandha-Vollmer-Author-of-Healing-with-DMSO-YumNaturals-Emporium.jpg.d8e7e9ce2a7c931226f2938e5ef6b61f.jpg

Edited by owl sees all
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Fringes of all types are to be avoided at all costs !

Any news of the HatLady ?

Saw her last week. Wow! A beauty if ever there is one. Second only to that Sawang Dan Ding lady of a few years back. And she's also a mind reader. Just what any red-blooded man would want in a lady. She is faultless. But alas! I don't think my dreams will come true.

Mrs Owl has spotted the crabs and snails that I bought this morning. She has threatened to kill them. I'm sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPriority said:

Ohh, dear…

Be careful, I’m sure Mrs Owl is well capable of connecting the dots when her man starts stockpiling crabs and snails.

Mrs Owl has gone to Ban Dung with her sister. So I'm free to do whatever I want.

So first thing is to inspect the contents of the two sacks.

1003655190_11bagsofcrabs.png.91a5f6222f293e39e897fe08c3ac890e.png

Had to tie the one with the crabs. They will climb up and escape.

I11crabs.png.000d5917d942bef69453fe7b2e87092b.png

Not too many big ones this time.

Very pleased with the snails.

11snails.png.fbcc2b75f1cf32a8ba392d022236c808.png

Some lovely ones.

Gonna get a bowl of water for them. Want them to be happy with their new owner. That's if you can ever 'own' snails; or crabs even. I just want them to have a happy life. So they will go into two of the ponds later.

• Like 1

Mrs Owl has well gone so I can really cut loose.

Couldn't find a bowl so filled a large plastic bag and put the sack into it. That will keep the snails happy for a while.

1753360758_aagivesnailswater.png.2c53133c04faeb85124b8503183f0495.png

I'll give it half hour then take out the snail sack and swap with the crab one.

She hasn't taken the pick-up, so I'll shoot off to the farm while she's away. If the crabs and snails are still in their sacks when she returns; who knows what will happen to them.

There is also a new pond just over the back of us. I'll get some pics of it, while she's in Ban Dung.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

They are indeed fine specimens Owl, any idea how long those snails live ?

Now having said that, let me say this, a hearty congratulations to you for sharing the past 3 years of your life with us all, its truely a pleasure to revel in someone elses mundainity ????

That's good of you to say HP. Thank you so much.

I find that life in Isaan can be exciting, often challenging, but never boring. When I go to the farm today, I'll probably spend half an hour watching the mekongs cruise about in pond 4. I find it hard to tell them apart - unlike the kois  - so I can't name them individually.

There is a noise coming from outside. I think Poo - no it's Ginger - is jumping on the crab bag. Don't think he can harm them. Maybe just stress them a little.

Gone to check on the snails. Water is gone. Hole in plastic bag. Start again.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

They are indeed fine specimens Owl, any idea how long those snails live ?

Not so sure about these ones HP. But my daughter had a GALS; a Giant African Land Snail for five or six years back in Dagenham many moons ago.

So, I reckon at least five years.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Obviously your english wife lacked the Thai appetite...

Make you right there HP. But she was Welsh, and liked 'lava bread' (sea weed),. She was a lovely lady. Fatima had some strange habits; but maybe it was me for not understanding them. And my dear Caribbean wife saw things on par with me; except religion.

These GALS are big. As in a football. Could hand feed them lettuce.

th.jpeg.eefc4123854883b64fe882ac64b2b79f.jpeg

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sterling said:

Owl, dont let your friend Monsieur Vous catch sight of those snails; he may want you to send him some to snack on.

You are on the money there Sterling. But the snails they eat in froggy-land are different. Called Cargoes or something like that.

Mrs Owl and her sister have already had a few away. I challenged her and she said "no", But I saw the shells in the bin. Think Mildred might have eaten one or two also. Gonna put them into the pond today. Crabs seem OK.

Couldn't get to the farm yesterday. The M in L had a fall and bashed her head. Had to sort that out.

• Like 2