Rooftop Bar Recommendations

brotherother

Lebua.

Michellin star restaurant, amazing views at sunset - price to match ( if going for restaraunt much better to book room there as well as you get preference over tables and times ).

Banyon Tree also good, also pricey.

Long table - not rooftop ( 26th floor ) but unique layout, good view over to Silom i think ( maybe Santhorn? ) good for sun downers - reasonably priced.

Baiyoke - 360 views, 87th floor i think, old now and full of tour groups, rooms are old and smelly ( but big ).

• Like 1

My favourite is still Vertigo / Moon Bar on top of the Banyan Tree (61st floor?).  Great atmosphere, amazing views.  Great to be there for sunset and then watch the city light up.  Expensive though, and a strict dress code.  Long trousers, no open shoes (for men).

Octave on the rooftop (45-47th floors) of the Marriot Thonglor is also really nice.  Again, amazing views and nice atmosphere and drinks, and they have music.  Happy hour 5pm to 7pm.  Dress code of "Smart casual".

Then if you just want the great views, open air, but not the poshness and expense then Brewski on the top of the Radisson Blu (30th floor I think).  Draught beers, not too expensive, but really really nice, more relaxed.  

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

I saw a YouTube clip where somebody paid 1000 baht for a small bottle of beer at the Lebua Sky Bar.  Ouch!!!!

More money than sense.

So what does a mediocre scotch, glass of house wine and local beer cost in these places?

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

More money than sense.

So what does a mediocre scotch, glass of house wine and local beer cost in these places?

It's the wine you need to watch, some were 40K+++

Me and the better half had a signature cocktail then 3 course meal each for about 14K or thereabouts.

Got a deal on a suite for about 5K i think which was very nice.

Good treat for an anniversary or b/day or the likes.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 11:02 PM, rak sa_ngop said:

I saw a YouTube clip where somebody paid 1000 baht for a small bottle of beer at the Lebua Sky Bar.  Ouch!!!!

At Vertigo a small Singha was 300 baht.  I thought that was overpriced.

4 minutes ago, rwill said:

At Vertigo a small Singha was 300 baht.  I thought that was overpriced.

Not really when you think some night clubs etc may charge you 200 for the same drink....

These places mentioned are not where you're gonna be going all the time, usually one offs.....

Edited by JaiLai

Take a six pack and a few bags of chips to the top of the Nana Hotel. Even got a pool there. It will really impress you partner of choice for the evening. Highly recommended for the budget conscious.

Bear in mind that some of the rooftop bars can get quite/very cold especially at night for Thai people. We went to one on Soi 13 or 15, I forget which, 40 floors or so up and they were handing out blankets even thought it was 30 degrees at street level in Bangkok. I was ok but the GF was cold.

Edited by emptypockets
  • Like 2

wow, the prices at lebua sure have gone up.  i was there a couple times, i think it was 2015 and 2016 and the standard draft beer was 400thb.  i remember the price as their were three of us and a 1,000thb note didn't cover the bill for the three beers !!!

i like octave (marriott sukhumvit soi 57), you get a full 360 degree view from the top floor (usually  crowded) and then you can drop down one floor and usually find a seat to relax with only a 180 degree view.  i can't be certain on the beer/cocktail pricing but i'm sure it is less than lebua.  the one downside is the place can be tough to get to during rush hour.  make sure to use the BTS, do not go via taxi.  the BTS will be packed but at least you get their quick.

Above Eleven

The bar is an option. If you go on nights the tables are reserved, the bar still provides the views. At one time, there were two floors. Not sure what happened but, now I think it is limited to just one floor, unless they fixed the issue.

• Like 1

AWESOME TOPIC.  Thanks to all the contributors.  I was about to ask the very same question.  I just received my first 360 degree camera.  I want to get 360 pictures and videos of every place in Bangkok starting Dec. 18 and through January.  We have a condo in BKK and it's time to come back from Maui.  Best Aloha Wishes To You All!

My favourites are OCTAVE, ABOVE ELEVEN and SPEAKEASY. Nice ambience at all. Lebua and Vertigo were fine 10 years ago but now overcrowded with tourists and an outrageous rip-off. CIELO is OK but a long way out and not the best views - dining is good though. 

Bangkok.com have a fairly good and descriptive review of most bars at:  http://www.bangkok.com/top10-rooftop-bars.htm (it lists 21 bars despite the URL name). Another great bar for sunset a little out of the way is SALA RATANAKOSIN rooftop bar right on the Chao Phraya River with views across to Wat Arun. Much cheaper option.

Sala_Rattanakosin.jpg