'Poison' of anti-Semitism has taken root in UK's Labour - Chief Rabbi

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

Not at all. What about WWI and the Balfour Declaration and the way Britain treated the Jews. The British have always been Arab lovers...oil...gay sex... ????

Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it...George Santayana

Discrimination and hostility against the Jewish community since its establishment (England) in 1070 resulted in a series of massacres on several occasions and their expulsion from the country in 1290. They were readmitted by Oliver Cromwell in 1655.

In the 19th century, increasing toleration of religious minorities gradually eliminated legal restrictions on public employment and political representation. However, Jewish financiers were seen by some as having an undue influence on government policy, particularly regarding the British Empire and foreign affairs.

Significant Jewish immigration from Eastern Europe in the years prior to World War I generated some opposition and resulted in increasingly restrictive immigration laws. Similarly, an emerging fascist movement in the 1930's which launched antisemitic campaigns was accompanied by a government policy of restricting the inflow of Jewish refugees from Nazi controlled territories. Notwithstanding sympathy for the Jews following the Holocaust, immigration controls to Britain Palestine were maintained while Zionist attacks on British forces in Palestine in 1947 caused some resentment.

Edited by GalaxyMan
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, dexterm said:

Because she was Director of Labour Friends of Israel, and Corbyn has vowed to recognize the state of Palestine and to halt sales of arms to Israel that are used against Palestinians.

She is putting loyalty to a foreign country ahead of the interests of her own party and country.

So she's proud to be Jewish. That makes it OK to use antisemitic bullying to drive her out of the Labour Party, does it?

Ms Berger's supporters, including deputy leader Tom Watson, claimed she has been "bullied out of her own party by racist thugs".

You haven't explained why that's OK.

Among the other defectors, Joan Ryan claimed the party had "become infected with the scourge of anti-Jewish racism" while Ian Austin blamed Mr Corbyn for "creating a culture of extremism and intolerance"

And you haven't explained why that's OK.

In February 2019, nine MPs quit Labour

You haven't explained why the other 8 MPs quit Labour.

I see Chomper, owl and Rookiescot all think that you've made a great post by giving you a "like". I think it's disgusting. Nobody should be making excuses for antisemites. Saying something like "Luciana Berger was treated appallingly, but Corbyn has worked hard to rid the Labour Party of institutional antisemitism" would be a fair comment.

Instead you attack Berger and claim there isn't a problem.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Antisemitism is wrong in any event never mind bullying but thats not what really happened is it?

Ms Berger's supporters, including deputy leader Tom Watson, claimed..............

Among the other defectors, Joan Ryan claimed............

You see the common word used here? Its the word "claimed".

WHERE is the evidence?

Very well, here is a different article from the same source (the BBC).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47400029

MP Luciana Berger's decision to quit the party over anti-Semitism was Labour's "worst day of shame" in its 120-year history, Tom Watson has said.

Labour's deputy leader said Ms Berger had been "bullied out of her own party by racist thugs".

This time, they use the word "said".

I'm not sure why you don't consider Tom Watson to be a credible source. Until 3 weeks ago, he was Jeremy Corbyn's second-in-command, the Deputy Leader of the Labour Party. I congratulate him for not trying to cover up the issue "for the good of the party", as many politicians might. Instead, he took a brave stance against antisemitism, despite the political cost.

Let's follow Tom Watson's example and expose antisemitism wherever we find it, instead of trying to cover it up or trivialize it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nkg said:

So she's proud to be Jewish. That makes it OK to use antisemitic bullying to drive her out of the Labour Party, does it?

You haven't explained why that's OK.

And you haven't explained why that's OK.

You haven't explained why the other 8 MPs quit Labour.

I see Chomper, owl and Rookiescot all think that you've made a great post by giving you a "like". I think it's disgusting. Nobody should be making excuses for antisemites. Saying something like "Luciana Berger was treated appallingly, but Corbyn has worked hard to rid the Labour Party of institutional antisemitism" would be a fair comment.

Instead you attack Berger and claim there isn't a problem.

You seem to think that Labour’s policy wrt to recognizing the State of Palestine, Palestinian rights, and sales of arms to Israel is a minor issue.

Perhaps you should consider that these are not minor issues, they are Party policies supported by the membership.

You should certainly consider the statement from Momentum that they shall work to deselect any MPs who are not supporting Party policies and/or the Party leader Corbyn.

Oh and don’t extrapolate the meaning of a ‘like’, I hand them out for all sorts of reasons, as I am sure do others.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nkg said:

I'm not sure why you don't consider Tom Watson to be a credible source. Until 3 weeks ago, he was Jeremy Corbyn's second-in-command, the Deputy Leader of the Labour Party. I congratulate him for not trying to cover up the issue "for the good of the party", as many politicians might. Instead, he took a brave stance against antisemitism, despite the political cost.

Let's follow Tom Watson's example and expose antisemitism wherever we find it, instead of trying to cover it up or trivialize it.

So why has Luciana Berger not given any examples of this supposed ingrained antisemitism thats rife within Labour?

Tom Watson and the others who left Labour did so because they were Blairites who were being marginalised because of their politics not their religion.

They decided to try and inflict as much damage as possible upon their exit as a final act of defiance. Its politics. Its how the Westminster playground works.

I need to add here that I dont vote Labour but antisemitism is too important an issue to be used as a political football in order to further someones agenda. It risks turning what is a hugely important issue into something trivial because of misuse.

I have been to Bergen Belsen and seen with my own eyes what rampant and unchecked antisemitism can lead too. We always need to be vigilant and guard against it.

But it is not a tool to be used to damage political opponents. 

• Thanks 1

The argument is that Jews are a malicious, lying, deceitful group who cannot be trusted.
They don't really believe Corbyn is bad, its all a Jewish scheme to deceive.

That the Chief Rabbi and other Jews are not decent British people with genuine concerns, but are working for a ‘foreign power’.

It is basic Jew hatred, that Jews cannot be trusted, are cunning and malicious and up to no good.

When the Chief Rabbi is accused of “attempting to influence British voters on behalf of a foreign power.”

Then he is the enemy, a traitor.

That Jews are the enemy, working against Britain, for their own ends. And only point out Corbny’s racism to protect Israel.

A hatred for Jews and the very strong opinion of Jews as the deceitful enemy.

Comes straight out of Mein Kampf.

Edited by toast1
;

24 minutes ago, toast1 said:

The argument is that Jews are a malicious, lying, deceitful group who cannot be trusted.

That the Chief Rabbi and other Jews are not decent British people with genuine concerns, but are working for a ‘foreign power’.

It is basic Jew hatred, that Jews cannot be trusted, are cunning and malicious and up to no good.

When the Chief Rabbi is accused of “attempting to influence British voters on behalf of a foreign power.”

That Jews are the enemy, working against Britain, for their own ends. And only point out Corbny’s racism to protect Israel.

A hatred for Jews and the very strong opinion of Jews as the deceitful enemy.

Comes straight out of Mein Kampf.

Can you please provide a quote that supports your assertion that

The argument is that Jews are a malicious, lying, deceitful group who cannot be trusted.’

• Like 2

Yes I can give you two quotes here from the discussion

One in which the Chief Rabbi is accused of "Working on behalf of a foreign power', he is not a decent British citizen engaging in democracy, but the enemy. A lying, scheming deceiptful traitor working to undermine Britain.

The Zionist media. 

So we do not have a free press, but a media controlled by powerful, secret, malicous Jews who tell journalists what to write.

The argument of Corybinistas here is that Jews know he's innocent but are lying to protect Israel. 

That they are 'the enemy' who cannot be trusted and are up to no good.

Mein Kampf for millennials.

Edited by toast1

1 minute ago, toast1 said:

The Chief Rabbi and most Jews are not decent British people with genuine concerns, but are all lying.

That Jews cannot be trusted, are cunning and malicious and up to no good.

The Chief Rabbi is “attempting to influence British voters on behalf of a foreign power.”

He is a scheming, malicious and powerful enemy backed up by the 'Zionist media'.

Some people here have a hatred for Jews that seeps through their carefully worded arguments. 

I could be reading Mein Kampf.

Your edit doesn’t help substantiate your assertions.

Can you please provide a quote that supports your assertion that

The argument is that Jews are a malicious, lying, deceitful group who cannot be trusted.’

• Like 2

My edit could not be more clear and specific.

I have given you two examples of comments from this thread. 

The Chief Rabbi is accused of being a malicious, lying and deceitful traitor working for a foreign power.

Jews are accused of lying about Corbyn to protect Israel, and controlling our media for their own malicious ends.

I do not know how more specific I can get.  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nkg said:

What a difference a couple of weeks makes. Has even a month passed since Watson was being derided for his wrong call on pedophiles in government? His rehabilitation didn't take long, much like the new-found passion for human rights that many of our Brexit supporting friends on TV have recently been exhibiting, 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toast1 said:

Yes I can give you two quotes here from the discussion

One in which the Chief Rabbi is accused of "Working on behalf of a foreign power', he is not a decent British citizen engaging in democracy, but the enemy. A lying, scheming deceiptful traitor working to undermine Britain.

The Zionist media. 

So we do not have a free press, but a media controlled by powerful, secret, malicous Jews who tell journalists what to write.

The argument of Corybinistas here is that Jews know he's innocent but are lying to protect Israel. 

That they are 'the enemy' who cannot be trusted and are up to no good.

Mein Kampf for millennials.

Please provide the actual quotes.

You’ll find the ‘quote button’ at the bottom of every post.

1 hour ago, toast1 said:

My edit could not be more clear and specific.

I have given you two examples of comments from this thread. 

The Chief Rabbi is accused of being a malicious, lying and deceitful traitor working for a foreign power.

Jews are accused of lying about Corbyn to protect Israel, and controlling our media for their own malicious ends.

I do not know how more specific I can get.  

You can be more specific by using the ‘quote function’ to reference the posts you refer to.

You have not provided a quote.

Who has a accused the Chief Rabbi of being malicious, lying and deceitful traitor working for a foreign power?

Please provide a linked quote to that statement.

Go to the post that makes that’s assertion and use the quotation button at the bottom of the post to display the quote in your response.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

People have a choice do you want a free thinking free speaking society or do you want suppression and laws that may have one desired effect but create more problems in the long run.  Unfortunately in an open society you will have good and bad.  As per the leadership of a party it is up to the voters to throw them out.

I do not have time to copy and past the idiotic Jew obsessed nonsense of various posters on this site.

I assume you know how to use your mouse.

You will find accusations that the Chief Rabbi is not a decent British citizen, but an agent of a foreign power, and along with other Jews is faking antisemitism, to take down someone critical of Israel.

That Jews are deceitful, manipulative, cunning and powerful - and that they knowingly lie on behalf of a foreign country, because of their race.

You will read about the 'Zionist media' controlled by these evil Jews.

Could not be any clearer.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, toast1 said:

I do not have time to copy and past the idiotic Jew obsessed nonsense of various posters on this site.

You will find accusations that the Chief Rabbi is not a decent British citizen, but an agent of a foreign power, and along with other Jews is faking antisemitism, to take down someone critical of Israel.

That Jews are deceitful, manipulative, cunning and powerful - and that they knowingly lie on behalf of a foreign country, because of their race.

Could not be any clearer.

Good response.

The shoe fit so well that you walked away in it.

• Like 1

Classic, whenever someone accuses me of being a troll, I know they have lost the argument.

Edited by toast1
  • Haha 1

On 11/26/2019 at 7:01 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I saw a couple of times accusations that Labor politicians are anti-Semites. 

But for whatever reason I never saw what these politicians are supposed to have done?

Is it so bad that it can't be repeated?

Or is it so harmless that nobody else noticed?

Where are a couple of samples what they have done? I would really like to make up my mind according to facts.

"Is it so bad that it can't be repeated?"

"Is it so harmless that nobody else noticed?"

"Where are a couple of samples what they have done?"

Do you not know how to use Google search?

Try searching: examples of anti-semitism in the british labour party.

You will find a lot of material. A huge, balanced article on Wikipedia, and many articles, like this summary of the current situation...
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/26/antisemitism-labour-everything-you-need-to-know