'Poison' of anti-Semitism has taken root in UK's Labour - Chief Rabbi

snoop1130

On 11/27/2019 at 9:48 AM, Rookiescot said:

I have said this before and will say it again.

Where is the evidence for antisemitism in the Labour party?

I see plenty of accusations but no-one ever provides evidence.

The same thing applies to accusations of anti muslim sentiment within the conservative party.

'There may well be people in the Conservative party who have an irrational hatred of Muslims, but the term ‘Islamophobia’ should be absolutely resisted. Unlike anti-Semitism, this is a concocted concept. A strand of Muslim thought sees all criticism of the prophet Mohammed and his faith as blasphemy and labours worldwide to ban it. Such Muslims are driven mad by the way Jews can cry ‘racism’ when they are attacked, whereas they cannot. But in fact this is fair, because Jewishness is usually inherited and is not necessarily related to what you believe. Islam is. All belief systems must accept the danger of hatred, ridicule and contempt as the price for coexisting in a free society.'

Charles Moore

6 minutes ago, jayboy said:

'There may well be people in the Conservative party who have an irrational hatred of Muslims, but the term ‘Islamophobia’ should be absolutely resisted. Unlike anti-Semitism, this is a concocted concept. A strand of Muslim thought sees all criticism of the prophet Mohammed and his faith as blasphemy and labours worldwide to ban it. Such Muslims are driven mad by the way Jews can cry ‘racism’ when they are attacked, whereas they cannot. But in fact this is fair, because Jewishness is usually inherited and is not necessarily related to what you believe. Islam is. All belief systems must accept the danger of hatred, ridicule and contempt as the price for coexisting in a free society.'

Charles Moore

They are only religions after all. Not one more worthy than the other.

5 hours ago, toast1 said:

I do not have time to copy and past the idiotic Jew obsessed nonsense of various posters on this site.

I assume you know how to use your mouse.

You will find accusations that the Chief Rabbi is not a decent British citizen, but an agent of a foreign power, and along with other Jews is faking antisemitism, to take down someone critical of Israel.

That Jews are deceitful, manipulative, cunning and powerful - and that they knowingly lie on behalf of a foreign country, because of their race.

You will read about the 'Zionist media' controlled by these evil Jews.

Could not be any clearer.

How is this sort of nonsense not against the rules? I take it toast1 is a labour voter, quite apt as it looks like they will be toast on Dec 13th. This is nothing but vitriolic hate speech, crazy accusations with no evidence for them at all.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DeaconJohn said:

Jeremy Corbyn is anathema to Zionists in Britain.

His views on fair treatment of Palestinians are at the centre of this storm of abuse directed at the Labour Party in general.

By fair treatment do you mean the destruction of Israel and the creation of the one state they want- their own. Exposing the anti semitism in the labour party, which has been done by labour MP's and not all Jews, is not 'abuse' it's pointing out abuse coming from the labour party.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

It is the theory that Jews are lying manipulative deceitful underhanded schemas who manipulate the media and government for their own evil ends. 

That the chief rabbi and all the thousands of people who have complained of racism know that it does not exist but they are acting on behalf of a foreign government. 

A disgusting racist blood libel popular with some who support the Labour Party unfortunately. 

The premise of this ideology is the Jews are not decent British citizens with genuine concerns, but but an alien group who cannot be trusted, and will deceive to protect Israel. 

Vile indeed

Edited by toast1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

They are only religions after all. Not one more worthy than the other.

Quite.  But English politicians with latent anti-Semitic views are not to be trusted and that's on top of all their bonkers policies.  I hope Labour are annihilated at the GE.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, judokrab said:

"Is it so bad that it can't be repeated?"

"Is it so harmless that nobody else noticed?"

"Where are a couple of samples what they have done?"

Do you not know how to use Google search?

Try searching: examples of anti-semitism in the british labour party.

You will find a lot of material. A huge, balanced article on Wikipedia, and many articles, like this summary of the current situation...
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/26/antisemitism-labour-everything-you-need-to-know

All google appears to show is the same revolving door of accusations. 

Very little in the way of actual evidence or examples.

It seems that those accused of antisemitism amount to 0.1% of the total Labour membership.

I would wager there is more antisemitism within the Womens Institute than that.

3 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Quite.  But English politicians with latent anti-Semitic views are not to be trusted and that's on top of all their bonkers policies.  I hope Labour are annihilated at the GE.  

So you state that English politicians with latent antisemitic views is a fact?

Please give examples. 

Over 150 people have been suspended from the Labour Party many for making extremely racist and sickening remarks in public

Usually involving conspiracy theories about Jews being responsible for various atrocities or controlling the world. 

I found this with a couple of clicks on Google apparently your Google doesn't allow you to do this. 

Today another labour candidate was forced to  to resign. 

Edited by toast1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, toast1 said:

People here seem to have no access to the internet that I have therefore here is a link of some of the racist incidents from labour these are only a tiny sample. 

https://order-order.com/tag/anti-semitism/

The vast majority of those posts by of all people Guido fox is where he describes them as Corbyn supporters. Not as Labour party members.

I'm pretty sure I could find just as many if not more by people I could describe as Johnson supporters.

No you could not. A very small number of Tories have been suspended or expelled for racism. 

The count so far, according to Labour is 120, but that was a few months ago, it goes up every day. 

A candidate today was withdrawn, its usually one every few days. 

The evidence is from the Labour Party. 

Edited by toast1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, toast1 said:

No you could not. A very small number of Tories have been suspended or expelled for racism. 

The count so far, according to Labour is 120, but that was a few months ago, it goes up every day. 

A candidate today was withdrawn, its usually one every few days. 

The evidence is from the Labour Party. 

0.1%

Hardly smacks of the inherent rampant antisemitism which you seem determined exists within Labour.

So why is it anti semitic to disagree with israel and treatment of the Palestinians

Israel already receive billions  of aid from USA and probably UK 

They are basically a pariah state which needs to be brought into line

Edited by poohy
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, poohy said:

So why is it anti semitic to disagree with israel and treatment of the Palestinians

Israel already receive billions  of aid from USA and probably UK 

They are basically a pariah state which needs to be brought into line

Oh please. Nobody is saying that criticism of Israeli government policies per se is anti-Semitic. If that were true most Israelis and diaspora Jews would be anti-Semitic. So that is a FAKE accusation. It's when such criticism bleeds into Jew hating that it becomes problematic. 

As far as Israel being a pariah state I guess you could say that about Israel's relations with a number of nations in the world, but on the other hand Israel has very good relations with many other nations. So it's not that black and white.

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

By fair treatment do you mean the destruction of Israel and the creation of the one state they want- their own. Exposing the anti semitism in the labour party, which has been done by labour MP's and not all Jews, is not 'abuse' it's pointing out abuse coming from the labour party.

Zionists are determined to rid Israel of the concept of 'Palestine' (in existence since 500BC) entirely. Ethnic cleansing is happening on a massive scale, with Palestinians land stolen and people driven out of their homes. Israel supporters accuse Labour of anti-Semitism, because they speak up about it. If you want to talk about xenophobia (and anti-Muslim slurs) in the UK, ask Boris and the Tories.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh please. Nobody is saying that criticism of Israeli government policies per se is anti-Semitic. If that were true most Israelis and diaspora Jews would be anti-Semitic. So that is a FAKE accusation. It's when such criticism bleeds into Jew hating that it becomes problematic. 

No one is hating the jews i doubt if Mr corbyn gives a  monkeys about jews in UK he is standing up against Israel government and expansion.. and this what is being twisted

People criticising Saudi dont get branded anti Arab/Muslem (Just  rightly so Anti Saudi)

Having a personal history in Yemen i feel as outraged by both counties

1 minute ago, teatime101 said:

Zionists are determined to rid Israel of the concept of 'Palestine' (in existence since 500BC) entirely. Ethnic cleansing is happening on a massive scale, with Palestinians land stolen and people driven out of their homes. Israel supporters accuse Labour of anti-Semitism, because they speak up about it. If you want to talk about xenophobia (and anti-Muslim slurs) in the UK, ask Boris and the Tories.

Liberal and leftist Zionists want no such thing. I know it's convenient for the Israel demonization brigade to oversimplify the meaning of Zionism, but they do it all the time and it is totally wrong and inspires hatred.

I agree there is xenophobia and hatred coming from the right and the left. Of course.

• Like 1

Just now, poohy said:

No one is hating the jews i doubt if Mr corbyn gives a  monkeys about jews in UK he is standing up against Israel government and expansion.. and this what is being twisted

People criticising Saudi dont get branded anti Arab/Muslem (Just  rightly so Anti Saudi)

Having a personal history in Yemen i feel as outraged by both counties

Nobody Is hating the Jews? What planet did you just arrive from? 

2 minutes ago, naboo said:

But Israeli policy on the West Bank IS just like Nazi policy in the 30s. This is neither wrong, nor promoting hatred. It is my opinion, and I believe it to be fact.

I have no issue with any Jewish person. I am as happy for someone to be Jewish as I am for them to be Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Atheist or whatever. Doesn't matter to me whatsoever, people can believe in whatever they like. I was raised Catholic, I rejected it because I saw it as a thieving institution. But I hold no hatred for Catholics, and I have more reason to hate Catholicism than Judaism, mostly because I can't recall meeting a Jewish person who I didn't like.

Israeli policy however. Disgusting. Just like the Nazis.

You're diverting to try to make your Israel-Nazi conflation more palatable. I see right through it. Why is so hard to just criticize Israel in a normal way without calling them Nazis? 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're diverting to try to make your Israel-Nazi conflation more palatable. I see right through it. Why is so hard to just criticize Israel in a normal way without calling them Nazis? 

What's wrong with comparing Isaeli policy with Nazi policy, when Israel is behaving like Nazis?

2 minutes ago, naboo said:

What's wrong with comparing Isaeli policy with Nazi policy, when Israel is behaving like Nazis?

I already explained that. You obviously don't care. It's your schtick to do that like so many of the Israeli demonization brigade. 

Another thing that's really stupid about this insistence  to conflate Israel with Nazi Germany. We all know that Israel has powerful defense system. If you really cared about improving things in this endless conflict you wouldn't be insisting on pursuing the FLAME line of rhetoric that's going to make most Israelis just tune you out. So do you want the Israeli government to change or do you just want to FLAME them?

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I already explained that. You obviously don't care. It's your schtick to do that like so many of the Israeli demonization brigade. 

You're explanation is nothing. Israel's foreign policy is nasty. Israel's foreign policy is nothing to do with the religion of the majority of it's citizens. I'll criticise it all I like. Using antisemitism as a defence shows that there is no better defence.