Forest Department to sue Pareena on four charges of alleged land encroachment

webfact

Forest Department to sue Pareena on four charges of alleged land encroachment

By THE NATION

800_4c9f89415a271c0.jpg?v=1575271488

Thawee (left) and Attapol

A thorough inspection of Khao Son 2 chicken farm in Rangbua subdistrict, Jombeung, Ratchaburi province, revealed that the farm has encroached on 46 rai 1 ngarn and 40 square wah of national reserve forest, Royal Forest Department (RFD) director-general Attapol Charoenchansa and a Ratchaburi forest inspection team announced at a press conference on Monday (December 2).

The chicken farm is owned by Ratchaburi MP Pareena Kraikup of the Phalang Pracharath Party and has stirred widespread public criticism after a former member of the dissolved Thai Raksa Chart Party, Ruangkrai Leekitwattana, filed a complaint last month urging the RFD to inspect Pareena's property for possible encroachment of protected national woodland.

“The chicken farm encroaches on 41-1-59 rai of land in the national reserved forest on the left bank of the Phachi River under the National Reserved Forest Act 1964, and 4-3-81 rai of forest land under the Forest Act 1941,” said Attapol.

“We will file four charges against the owner – trespassing on national reserved forest land; residing, constructing, or making profit off national reserved forest land; defacing or destroying state owned lands without permission from officials; violating the Environment Promotion Act that resulted in the loss or damage of natural resources.”

Attapol also insisted that his department would pursue legal action without any special treatment towards the defendant, who is a MP of the government coalition, as netizens on social media have been suspecting ever since the case went viral.

Pareena’s father and ex-Ratchaburi MP Thawee Kraikup, who attended the press conference, questioned the accuracy of the 1:400,000 map used by the RFD. He also requested that the RFD reinvestigate the lands in question using a standardised map to ensure transparent investigation of his daughter’s property.

Thawee said he bought the lands from local villagers in 1980 and that the announcement of a national reserved forest area took place only afterwards.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378986?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-02
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thawee said he bought the lands from local villagers in 1980 and that the announcement of a national reserved forest area took place only afterwards.

Then maybe he can quickly explain what is a fact below.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

“The chicken farm encroaches on 41-1-59 rai of land in the national reserved forest on the left bank of the Phachi River under the National Reserved Forest Act 1964, and 4-3-81 rai of forest land under the Forest Act 1941,” said Attapol.

The Forest Act in Thailand was written 1941 as well as the National Reserved Forest Act 1964. And this man is insinuating something about 1980. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Then maybe he can quickly explain what is a fact below.

The Forest Act in Thailand was written 1941 as well as the National Reserved Forest Act 1964. And this man is insinuating something about 1980. 

i am not saying your wrong or that this guy is good. i hope they get this lady. However I think that they are just referring to laws and regulations that pertain to national forests. Its quite possible that the reserved forest area was designated later.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

i am not saying your wrong or that this guy is good. i hope they get this lady. However I think that they are just referring to laws and regulations that pertain to national forests. Its quite possible that the reserved forest area was designated later.

Fair enough. And if it was designated later, that happened all invisible and quiet without any information whatsoever to the land owners?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Fair enough. And if it was designated later, that happened all invisible and quiet without any information whatsoever to the land owners?

That's how they do it. Nothing is enforced for decades - so they all knew about this change back when it happened, then along comes a government like this one and suddenly everything changes.

I've seen something very similar happen to someone I know personally.

7 minutes ago, ukrules said:

That's how they do it. Nothing is enforced for decades - so they all knew about this change back when it happened, then along comes a government like this one and suddenly everything changes.

Yeah happens everywhere, if you didn't get squeeky clean land title deads and checked everything yourself there a real risk here.

In other forms you can see it on the islands like samui and phan ngan... More title deeds exists than land on the island, land office gave them out, most people didn't know they bought <deleted>, can't even blame the people that bought it, as those titles should have never existed.

Since 1980! If she is guilty, she should pay a rent for 39 years to the government, the profit of the past 39 years for the chicken farm, tear down the farm and plant trees again. Plus a huge fine.

Usually the people getting a small fine, that´s it. So they can risk to occupy land and make a lot of profit.

• Like 2

She got hers nothing was being said till she filed a complaint aganist Thanathorns mother about some land she has, then they filed a complaint aganist this lady and her chicken farm. Karma really sucks, I guess she thought she was protected by the head dude the PM.

• Like 1

well she did ask them to look at it again and they did ans she is in deep doo doo then they have to take her for the reat of the land as that is also not legal and needs to be returned to the govt, just paying taxes does not give her the legal right to it. Couldnt happen to a nicer piece of garbage, she needs to be taken down a peg or two, hopefully she will have to pay restitution and remove all the building(and chickens) plus return all the land then cop huige fines on top of it all 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I am not saying that there was nothing, just saying that these dates are dates of laws for all national parks IMHO. Its just referring to a law for national parks of this date. Has nothing to do with creation of a national park. I mean that your date hypotheses is unsound.

They made a law for national parks in xxx date and later they added national parks tand then they fall under that law. Has nothing to do with when a park was created. 

That was what is was getting at. Its a real common thing to do. You make a law for national parks and later change lands to national parks and they then fall under that law. 

Now that does not mean the people who bought land did not know about it or did not get compensated. I was only telling you that the validity of your hypothese is based on a wrongful insight on your side.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, robblok said:

Now that does not mean the people who bought land did not know about it or did not get compensated.

Oh dear, what are you talking about. How can you get compensated for something you can not legally own? Of course people who bought the laqnd didn´t know, due to that you shout for that the land became protected land after the purchase. ?????

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

So, then you are saying they know and still use the land? Good that somebody eventually enforce then.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, then you are saying they know and still use the land? Good that somebody eventually enforce then.

There's always more to the story than you read in the press. Why would someone like the forest department suddenly turn up in an area which has never been under their purview, in an area that's certainly nowhere near any forest or any of their other managed land?

8 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Oh dear, what are you talking about. How can you get compensated for something you can not legally own? Of course people who bought the laqnd didn´t know, due to that you shout for that the land became protected land after the purchase. ?????

You still don't get it either I don't explain it correctly or you just dont want to get it.

Land can become protected after a purchase. You can buy land legally and then later the government can designate an area as protected. You then get compensated (or at least in many other countries). You usually get a compensation then. There are always way for a goverment to get land from people if they want too. There are processes for that. 

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

There's always more to the story than you read in the press. Why would someone like the forest department suddenly turn up in an area which has never been under their purview, in an area that's certainly nowhere near any forest or any of their other managed land?

Because somebody made a report, and by law thatr has to be investigated.

As we are well aware of the systems for control doesn´t work and many times people working are too lazy to actually do their work.

That´s why I say that things must be reported. Otherwise it will be no change to things.

16 hours ago, rkidlad said:

There's a good bit in the video where Pareena's father just grabs the microphone out of the hand of a forest official as the official is speaking. That simple action really does tell you a lot about the man and his respect for others.

Anyway, send her to jail. 

I stand corrected. Pareena's father said he didn't snatch the microphone out of the forest official's hand. Someone gave him the microphone.

It's scary when someone is caught bang to rights on camera, and they still blatantly lie. It's as if telling the truth or lying doesn't apply to them. Just their version of events which we are supposed to believe without question. Truly disgusting people who I'm sure would be diagnosed as sociopaths. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

You still don't get it either I don't explain it correctly or you just dont want to get it.

Land can become protected after a purchase. You can buy land legally and then later the government can designate an area as protected. You then get compensated (or at least in many other countries). You usually get a compensation then. There are always way for a goverment to get land from people if they want too. There are processes for that. 

So, then there is a big chance they already got compensated, and still using the land because nobody enforced it before, right?

Edited by Matzzon

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Thawee said he bought the lands from local villagers in 1980 and that the announcement of a national reserved forest area took place only afterwards

I guess that will be resolved before going to court... it would look a bit embarrassing if true?

22 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, then there is a big chance they already got compensated, and still using the land because nobody enforced it before, right?

This is not how any of this works here.

In a real country, let's say the US.

If a highway or trainline is to be build by the government they will give you notice that your land is now theirs and pay you at marketrate even if you don't want to sell - done, not much you can do. 

This is the same happening with national forrest/park land here - when many of these land titles where created/bought/squatted whatever the national park stuff was a non issue, only since they took over the country they make up whats national park and confiscate random land to give it back to the government.

Example on Phangnga:

Guy farming Para Rubber there since 1962.

Si Phang Nga National Park declared his land as national park in 1988 - no announcement was made - no one <deleted> told him. No one gave him anything.

2014 Army came, confiscated his land, ruined his life - because muh national park.

Is this his fault? or is the gov just acting like a dick? 

He's poor, can't do anything about it, you can find the story googling his name: Anutas Pleeta

Sounds pretty damn similar to what her dad said:  "Thawee said he bought the lands from local villagers in 1980 and that the announcement of a national reserved forest area took place only afterwards"

Edited by ThomasThBKK

15 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Since 1980! If she is guilty, she should pay a rent for 39 years to the government, the profit of the past 39 years for the chicken farm, tear down the farm and plant trees again. Plus a huge fine.

Usually the people getting a small fine, that´s it. So they can risk to occupy land and make a lot of profit.

Thirty-nine years ago she would of been 4 years old, don't think you can hold her criminally responsible at that age can you?

19 hours ago, Matzzon said:

That can be easily checked  and  there must be maps at the lands department so they can get the land Surveyed . Then they know for 100% sure.   ????   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, digger70 said:

That can be easily checked  and  there must be maps at the lands department so they can get the land Surveyed . Then they know for 100% sure.   ????   

Except that this is Thailand. Nothing is ever 100% sure. ????

Edited by Matzzon

24 minutes ago, digger70 said:

They used 1:400,000 maps to designate the boundaries without survey or any marking. They then need to scale coordinates off those maps when, if my maths are correct, 1mm = 400 metres. Impossible to determine the boundaries accurately, but 44 rai is a big piece of land.

21 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

They used 1:400,000 maps to designate the boundaries without survey or any marking. They then need to scale coordinates off those maps when, if my maths are correct, 1mm = 400 metres. Impossible to determine the boundaries accurately, but 44 rai is a big piece of land.

Yea that's why they stuff up. Different ruler/tape different measurement on the Map. Sure smell a few Rats.