Video: Battle of the Booth! Police powerless as truck drivers slug it out

webfact

Video: Battle of the Booth! Police powerless as truck drivers slug it out

9pm.jpg

Thai caption: Trouble at the booth

Footage posted to popular road traffic and road rage site "Hear Khap Rot" showed truck drivers engaged in a pitch battle at a toll booth. 

Sanook reported that police and security personnel seemed powerless to stop the violence. 

At one point it looked like the trouble was over until it all flared up again. 

One man was seen with what looked like a long length of metal rod. 

Hear Khap Rot said that the trouble began after a truck trailer fled the scene of an accident involving a 6 wheel truck. 

The six wheeler driver apparently dragged the truck trailer driver from his cab at the toll booth. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-03

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Time the Thai police arm themselves with some teasers to subdue drunks and high on drugs people who are behaving unruly and resisting orders...

What are teasers.... some kind of toy "taser" that you tickle the culprit into stopping?

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Shows how much respect people have for the Police,

just taking no notice of hm.

regards Worgeordie

Indeed. The RTP often show great restraint when confronted with violence considering they are all armed with a pistol. Time to issue them with batons, sprays or taysers. 

In some countries the police are the opposite. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Was absent from school when they taught the students about how peaceful, kind and compassionate they all are in Thai Buddhist lessons.

By all appearances, Thais follow some alternate version of Buddhism in which crass materialism, greed, envy and obsession with social status are the preferred paths to nirvana.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The Thai police really need to change their name to the Royal Thai Sewing Club.  I can’t imagine a more worthless organization.  How many videos do we have to watch of the police standing around while one moron continues to beat on another and they do absolutely nothing?  One of these a-holes is carrying a metal rod as a weapon and still they do absolutely nothing.  Pathetic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Have a fight on walking street and you get slapped with a 5000 baht fine. Have a fight at toll booth and police are powerless . Go figure ????

Towards the end of the video it looks like the one driver tells the other guy (who had already apparently been hit with an iron rod) to bend forward so he could knee him in the face. WHAT THE BLEEP??!! He actually bent forward and accepted a knee to the face. Incredible.  

• Like 1

It actually appears like they ask the bloke to come back and put his head down to be half kicke.

Why on earth would you arm police with anything. I just had one as a neighbour and I genuinely thought he was retarded. If someone had told me he had been in an accident and had experienced a brain injury I would have believed them.

The very concept of respecting laws or others is frequently lacking. Do as much as you can get away with then cry over loss of face.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fusion58 said:

By all appearances, Thais follow some alternate version of Buddhism in which crass materialism, greed, envy and obsession with social status are the preferred paths to nirvana.

Please tell me in which country they follow a better version of buddhism?

Farangland perhaps?