Affidavit Belgian Embassy

Hello everyone,

I wanted to tell to the Belgians who apply for an affidavit with the Belgian Embassy, that if they are not registered with the embassy, that from now on, they do not do it by mail anymore and that  it is imperative to report to the consular service

It has been several years since I sent my affidavit for a legalization of signature and yesterday an employee  phoned me to warn me that from now. only the registered persons (thus no more residence in Belgium) could still make the request  by mail, all others had to appear in person

According to @luckyluke - a Belgian reporting to the Jomtien IO for his annual extensions - you can get a Letter of Income from the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya (costs 40,- Euro).

In order to get it you need evidence from the Belgian PensionService, and possibly evidence from your Belgian Bank that your pension is indeed being credited to your Belgian bank-account.

The difference between your annual pension-income and the 800K should be on a Thai bank-account.

Using the income letter, for immigration it doesn't matter if your official residence is still in Belgium, nor how long you are already staying in Thailand.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

If I understand correctly a Belgian can get an Austrian Income Letter approved by TI. Perhaps they could extend this service to those of us whose recalcitrant Embassies are refusing to provide???

They do this for all EU nationals (sorry brexiteers) but the British are rejected anyway. Many years ago I was in Pattaya and intended to go to the German embassy where I normally get my income letter, by chance I saw on the web that the Austrian consulate in Pattaya would also do this, saving me a journey, so I found the consulate and offered up my passport, the consulate official looked at me as if he had seen the devil, no, no, we can't do this for UK citizens, we used to but the British embassy warned us in writing and verbally that they alone are responsible for such documents and demanded we desist. Nice one I thought, to investigate further I asked at the British embassy whether they would certify my German pension, after humming and haring they said all documents must be translated into English then they would send them to London for examination after which they would probably be rejected, don't you just love them.

• Thanks 1

I got my Affidavit from the Belgium embassy last month, I am still registered at my home town in Belgium.

I did had to go to the embassy in person to get the paper, but they by post back to you, if you want so. I received it 2 days later with EMS (40 baht extra). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, henry15 said:

Best way is to transfer your pension to your  Thai bankaccount. Is faster, cheaper and your Thai  bank can make  a transcript according to immigration rules.

You must use the income letter from your embassy/consulate if you have one. And it's much easier at Immigration when having an income letter. Only US,UK and Australian citizens need bank letters and bank statements to show foreign transfers. 

Edited by Max69xl