British PM Johnson to win a majority of 86: exit poll

webfact

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I mean the Government will enact whatever policies they wish and there is no effective opposition in the HoC. Hence let’s see what they do with this unassailable power they have been given.

Correct - there is absolutely nothing you can do about it for five years, so you have no alternative to simply sit and stare. There is no alternative course of action

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

And who is to blame for that?

It’s not a matter of Blame vogie, it’s simply the choice the majority made in the legally binding General Election.

They’ve voted Johnson into power, now let’s see what Johnson does with that power.

Consistent with my views in Johnson I’d advise you don’t take the promises he’s made as any guide to what he’ll do.

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s not a matter of Blame vogie, it’s simply the choice the majority made in the legally binding General Election.

They’ve voted Johnson into power, now let’s see what Johnson does with that power.

Consistent with my views in Johnson I’d advise you don’t take the promises he’s made as any guide to what he’ll do.

The worst result for Labour since 1935, if you don't want to apportion blame then somebody in the Labour Party needs to be asking what went wrong, and not Corbyn and his Merry Men. He needs to go as fast as his heels will carry him, not lingering on like a bad smell.

Corbyn will not take any responsibilty for Labours trouncing, but the way Labour choses it's Leaders I fear nothing will change in the near future. 

19 minutes ago, vogie said:

The worst result for Labour since 1935, if you don't want to apportion blame then somebody in the Labour Party needs to be asking what went wrong, and not Corbyn and his Merry Men. He needs to go as fast as his heels will carry him, not lingering on like a bad smell.

Corbyn will not take any responsibilty for Labours trouncing, but the way Labour choses it's Leaders I fear nothing will change in the near future. 

Labour have five years to address this General Election defeat.

Labour’s problems are for these next five  years irrelevant, the majority of people who voted elected Johnson and the Tories.

The issue is not what they did not vote for, rather what they got, and nothing in Johnson’s history suggests that his promises are anything other than meaningless words, at best ‘figures of speech’.

If what is delivered by Johnson isn’t what you expected, don’t look for an excuse in blaming Labour.

36 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The man is nothing if not a notorious, pathological liar. Doesn't bode well.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Labour have five years to address this General Election defeat.

Labour’s problems are for these next five irrelevant, the majority of people who voted elected Johnson and the Tories.

The issue is not what they did not vote for, rather what they got, and nothing in Johnson’s history suggests that his promises are anything other than meaningless words, at best ‘figures of speech’.

If what is delivered by Johnson isn’t what you expected, don’t look for an excuse in blaming Labour.

I get it now, Labour are not to blame, it's all the fault of what Boris may do in the next 5 years, BTW 10 years might be nearer the mark. The Labour voters in Labours heartlands disagree with you.

Labour needs to get their heads out of the sand and take some responsibilty and stop being in denial all the time.

1 minute ago, transam said:

You never listened to Corbyn's promises on the lead up to the vote then...? ????

Carefull, I have just got a good deal on broadband routers, you buy one, you get one free, I said you buy one you get one free.

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

I get it now, Labour are not to blame, it's all the fault of what Boris may do in the next 5 years, BTW 10 years might be nearer the mark. The Labour voters in Labours heartlands disagree with you.

Labour needs to get their heads out of the sand and take some responsibilty and stop being in denial all the time.

No you didn’t get it.

The majority of those who voted elected Johnson and the Tories.

What Johnson and the Tories do with the power they have been handed to them is nothing to do with Labour.

How Labour responds to this defeat will have zero impact on what Johnson and the Tories do in the next five years.

19 minutes ago, transam said:

You never listened to Corbyn's promises on the lead up to the vote then...? ????

He didn't win and I find him to be beneath contempt. Disgusting excuse for a human being, just the other side of the Boris coin.

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Those who refused to see why that matters are about to find out.

Sadly, the alternative was just as bad if not worse. I never thought I'd say this, but I feel for the British people. ????

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No you didn’t get it.

The majority of those who voted elected Johnson and the Tories.

What Johnson and the Tories do with the power they have been handed to them is nothing to do with Labour.

How Labour responds to this defeat will have zero impact on what Johnson and the Tories do in the next five years.

You are missing the point I am making, what the Tories do with the power they have been handed by Labour, is everything to do with labour. What is the point in denying that this was a Labour catastrophe of great proportions never seen in my lifetime, whether blame Corbyn, Mclusky or Jon Lansmans Momentum, take your pick, all or one. 

Just now, vogie said:

You are missing the point I am making, what the Tories do with the power they have been handed by Labour, is everything to do with labour. What is the point in denying that this was a Labour catastrophe of great proportions never seen in my lifetime, whether blame Corbyn, Mclusky or Jon Lansmans Momentum, take your pick, all or one. 

Which has nothing at all to do with the post you were reacting to.

I don't think anyone is missing your point.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

......and Abbott, given a high ranking position...........????

Just now, vogie said:

The way you get confused at all my posts I would be carefull.????

Yes, your thought process has me often confused. No logic, no common sense. I don't understand e.g. the need to be careful.

28 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, your thought process has me often confused. No logic, no common sense. I don't understand e.g. the need to be careful.

What confused you when I asked chomper "who is to blame" maybe it might be your failure to comprehend posts so you attack the poster rather than adding anything of substance to the debate.

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Maybe you and the others should check the internal Labour documents that were leaked before the election re Labour Party leadership interference in anti-semitism accusations inside the Party. That there is a nasty strain here of guys wanting to line up with the Corbynistas, well.... "Exploitation"? So then trying to kick it into the long grass which has been a tendency for the fellow travellers to follow. If there were clear reasons why the Corbynistas and their equally unpleasant hangers on had to be defeated in this election this was one of them. The British electorate weren't buying and yet someone like Ken Livingstone still peddling his nastyness. Away with you all. Give the Labour Party back to its decent members and be gone with all of the nasties.

Did you actually comprehend what I wrote? I made no comment whatsoever on the veracity of the allegations against Corbyn; my issue is with this 'new found' empathy with minority causes that some Brexiteers have embraced.

That they are single issue 'warriors' is clear - I have yet to see any stand up for Muslims, for example, in light of the accusations of rampant Islamophobia in the Tory Party. Is the takeaway from this: Islamophobia good; antisemitism bad? As I said in my earlier post, most couldn't care less about either. 

On the positive side, it is refreshing to see you write more than your usual non sequitur haiku. 

1 hour ago, vogie said:

The electorate handed the Tories power, not Labour.

If my Honda breakdown I don’t blame the Toyota I didn’t buy.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The electorate handed the Tories power, not Labour.

If my Honda breakdown I don’t blame the Toyota I didn’t buy.

Always somebody elses fault, the electorate handed the Tories power because Labour was worse than useless, traditional Labour voters lending the Tories their vote has never been heard of before.

But in all fairness when you watch the left being interviewed on the News Channels they all say the same, it is not our fault, Jeremy didn't get his message across, the media were vastly unfair to Jeremy, Jeremy deserves another chance, we couldn't get our hands on 60 million broadband routers quick enough. 

Just another quick point, if Jeremy had sold you the Honda that broke down, I think you would be blaming Jeremy then.????

Archived