British PM Johnson to win a majority of 86: exit poll

webfact

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The electorate handed the Tories power, not Labour.

If my Honda breakdown I don’t blame the Toyota I didn’t buy.

Who is the MP that was presumably ousted in the seat in which you have repeatedly bragged about actively assisting from within the constituancy blaming for losing their seat? Chomper Cummings?

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Tony blair's mob took over an economy that was in tatters and turned it into the envy of the world until the global economy crashed in 2008. Only mistake Blair made was taking us into Iraq. A massive mistake for which he'll always be remembered.

Think you,'ll find the economy had recovered when Blair got in,the first thing Brown did was sell a load of the country's gold reserves then went on to borrow money like it was going out of fashion.Blair just wanted to get his name in the history books,and asked Clinton for military aid for the former Yugoslavia where he supplied air power.f/f to the twin towers and the then president of the USA called on Blair to return the favour Clinton did him by backing a USA invasion of Iraq (who incidentally were the darlings of the West when they were fighting iran) knowing the u.n would never back him Blair made up a pack of lies about weapons of mass destruction, 25,000 reported Iraqi civilians deaths and as a direct result we,'re now seeing British citizens murdered on our streets for being infidel all down to Blair's " mistake"

13 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Brown was being hailed as the greatest chancellor ever until everyone realised how he'd achieved such success with the economy, He gave the banks/financiers free reign by deregulating the industry which initially created an economic boom. When the global financial crisis occurred Brown's bubble burst. He just took too many risks on the grounds of his inital success. Hardly Blairs fault.

No,it was "there will be no more boom and bust " brown,still Blair appointed him where do,es the buck stop?

10 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Always someone else's fault, should have given it a service occasionally

George Galloway lost his deposit in West Brom East. Tom Watson's old seat; Con' gain. Glad to see the back of Watson; the enemy within. Dame Maggie Hodge is still an MP, worse luck.

Keep going Jeremy, your time will come. Back to the members. Out with the Blairites; all of them.

12 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

George Galloway lost his deposit in West Brom East. Tom Watson's old seat; Con' gain. Glad to see the back of Watson; the enemy within. Dame Maggie Hodge is still an MP, worse luck.

Keep going Jeremy, your time will come. Back to the members. Out with the Blairites; all of them.

What is wrong with Dame Maggie Hodge, as if I didn't know.

37 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Think you,'ll find the economy had recovered when Blair got in,the first thing Brown did was sell a load of the country's gold reserves then went on to borrow money like it was going out of fashion.Blair just wanted to get his name in the history books,and asked Clinton for military aid for the former Yugoslavia where he supplied air power.f/f to the twin towers and the then president of the USA called on Blair to return the favour Clinton did him by backing a USA invasion of Iraq (who incidentally were the darlings of the West when they were fighting iran) knowing the u.n would never back him Blair made up a pack of lies about weapons of mass destruction, 25,000 reported Iraqi civilians deaths and as a direct result we,'re now seeing British citizens murdered on our streets for being infidel all down to Blair's " mistake"

Completely the opposite of what happened but nevever let a good story get in the way of the truth.

15 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Corbyn is a spent force, full stop. Boris ripped the rug from under his feet - NHS is safe with us. With bucketfuls of dosh in the working heartlands can his trade deals meet the expectations of the motor industry and employers like Airbus? Blair's success may have been imitating the Tories, will this necessitate a more centrist party to counter Boris?  

10 minutes ago, Nanglon said:

Corbyn is a spent force, full stop. Boris ripped the rug from under his feet - NHS is safe with us. With bucketfuls of dosh in the working heartlands can his trade deals meet the expectations of the motor industry and employers like Airbus? Blair's success may have been imitating the Tories, will this necessitate a more centrist party to counter Boris?  

Boris will need to be particularly careful re MSM orchestrated bear traps in the next few months; especially now the weasel and Co have been ousted.

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I don't have any problems understanding Vogie's posts.

Same for me. But there is a difference between understanding a post and understanding a thought process without logic or common sense and

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Same for me. But there is a difference between understanding a post and understanding a thought process without logic or common sense and

When you can't understand a simple post that says "who is to blame" it is not my posts that are bereft of logic or commonsense but your comprehension skills.????

12 minutes ago, vogie said:

When you can't understand a simple post that says "who is to blame" it is not my posts that are bereft of logic or commonsense but your comprehension skills.????

I'll repeat the post you're responding to " there is a difference between understanding a post and understanding a thought process without logic or common sense ". I understand the posts.

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I'll repeat the post you're responding to " there is a difference between understanding a post and understanding a thought process without logic or common sense ". I understand the posts.

What part of "who is to blame" do you find confusing here Steven, I am trying to help you. I would sooner assist in your confusion rather than you trying to insult me. If you find me or my posts so confusing you are not obliged to read them, I would not be gutted if you "ignored" me. But all this bickering is not condusive to a free flowing topic.

4 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Did you actually comprehend what I wrote? I made no comment whatsoever on the veracity of the allegations against Corbyn; my issue is with this 'new found' empathy with minority causes that some Brexiteers have embraced.

That they are single issue 'warriors' is clear - I have yet to see any stand up for Muslims, for example, in light of the accusations of rampant Islamophobia in the Tory Party. Is the takeaway from this: Islamophobia good; antisemitism bad? As I said in my earlier post, most couldn't care less about either. 

On the positive side, it is refreshing to see you write more than your usual non sequitur haiku. 

Another limp attempt to relativize Labour's internal nastiness. The one thing pretty apparent to all those standing outside the Corbynista cult and general Hard Left nonsense is that unless the Labour Party rips out this rottenness and makes a genuine and successful attempt to move to a moderate social democratic pathway, it is condemned to more than 10 years in ineffective opposition. You guys just don't get what has happened. Its over. If you think that repeating more of the same while marking time until the collapse of capitalism brings government falling into your lap is the way to go, then hey-ho. When Corbyn and the rest of them are gone come back and talk to us. In the meantime take your patronizing somewhere else. The Party is over and out.

12 minutes ago, vogie said:

What part of "who is to blame" do you find confusing here Steven, I am trying to help you. I would sooner assist in your confusion rather than you trying to insult me. If you find me or my posts so confusing you are not obliged to read them, I would not be gutted if you "ignored" me. But all this bickering is not condusive to a free flowing topic.

Agree, better stop this.

18 hours ago, vogie said:

On here leavers have been called all the names he has mentioned and I'm sure that this site is not the only one where brexiteers have been very badly vilified for having the audacity to vote the wrong way. The Labour Party now is the nasty party and some of its supporters are vile, so whether you like him or not he is not lying.

These are the kind of people we have in Corbyns Labour Party now.

I am really very sorry for being one of the contributors so beastly to you guys over the years, but some of those rancid old Brexiteer geezer frothing videos really are the pits. So now I am resolved to be more helpful and the best way I can is to start by pointing out to our provincial friends who may have got the wrong impression that the video above is not what they think it is but rather a group of frustrated Christmas partygoers trying to find a restaurant around Embankment Underground for their significant size number. I guess they couldn't find anything in Villiers Street. If they had asked me before setting out in the cold, I would have suggested Wong Kei on Wardour Street in Chinatown. They can cope with pretty large numbers of customers.

25 minutes ago, vogie said:

Strikes me that you are simply using the old ploy of Brexiteers blaming someone/thing else for their failures. Johnson is going to be a disaster for the UK but thats not the fault of Johnson its Labours fault. 

We could have had Brexit done last March but the hard line Brexit fundamentalists in the ERG kept voting Mays deal down. But somehow that was all the fault of remainers.

Johnsons deal was voted through the HoC but Johnson himself pulled it. Again it was the fault of remainers.

You guys won. Its now time to deliver all the promises you made over Brexit and what Johnson said he would do.

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Strikes me that you are simply using the old ploy of Brexiteers blaming someone/thing else for their failures. Johnson is going to be a disaster for the UK but thats not the fault of Johnson its Labours fault. 

We could have had Brexit done last March but the hard line Brexit fundamentalists in the ERG kept voting Mays deal down. But somehow that was all the fault of remainers.

Johnsons deal was voted through the HoC but Johnson himself pulled it. Again it was the fault of remainers.

You guys won. Its now time to deliver all the promises you made over Brexit and what Johnson said he would do.

Think you should calm down, get on with your life and see what transpires....????

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

"You guys won. Its now time to deliver all the promises you made over Brexit and what Johnson said he would do."

You say you guys won, I say democracy and the UK won, the other option wasn't really an option now was it.

Whether Boris delivers on all the promises who knows, but he certainly has more chance than Jeremy Corbyns fantasy 'all is free budget'.

Would it be fair to say that the SNP would have prefered a Labour government in Westminster to a Tory gov.

But as much as I dislike Nicola Sturgeon stance I prefered it to the arrogant stance of Jo Swinson, to me this was one of the highlights of the election.

Archived