Too good to be true? My Thai story continues...(part two)

TonyFromItaly

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MAJOR 2 steps u have accomplished:

She is not from Bar.

She is in your age range.

I am 67 and wife just turned 60, been married 12 yrs, barely ever a cross word and she was at the same Contractor Sales job for 23 yrs when we met.

Hope the rest continues well for you.

I am happily married to a lovely Thai woman, we have been together over 3 years, we live in Bangkok now, and like you will move to our own home out in Issan in a couple of years. I am glad you have a happy story, and I wish you and your love a long and happy life together.

It’s none of anyone’s business how people choose to live their lives, and I’m happy that Tony has maybe found his pot of gold. That said, I’m a lady, and I would not dream of meeting someone and expecting them to pay for my month long holiday, even if they suggested they would. And as for giving me money, well.. I’m not saying that after time , married or not, you shouldn’t help each other out . It’s not the way  I was  brought up. I would scrimp and save , pay my own way, and stay a shorter time if need be. Each to his own, and everyone has a different meaning to respect.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He never said he wants to take her to the UK. He said he wants to live with her up country.

IMO never a good idea to take a Thai woman to a western country, where they become just like all the women we didn't want to marry.

One of the best posts on this forum. Well said. DO NOT TAKE THESE GIRLS HOME. 

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I was bored one Sunday in 2015 afternoon in the UK, and went on Thai friendly. Met many gold diggers (as expected) and one that caught my eye, not a great deal younger than me , 14 years, school teacher, divorced (abusive Thai hi-so husband) , not a great looker, but ok to me (same me I may add). Met her for a month. Got on well, married after 3 weeks in that month. Now live in Thailand together for 4 years and have one daughter. She's a great cook, cleans the house twice a day. Works if we are ever short of cash. She likes same stuff as me, silly stuff like collecting toys and tv like stranger things and LOTR/hobbit (yeah, daft of thai soap also, but give her a little leeway !!). Some will say mad to marry after 3 weeks, but this lady is the most suitable lady I have ever met in my life.

So yes, it does happen sometimes. If you are lucky.

How for the tricky part in years ahead of actually getting her past uk immigration !

My gf and I found each other on ThaiCupid, and we have a similar experience to you. 

When we met she was working at a law firn in BKK and I was in Pattaya. So we met a few times for dinners etc and communicated on Line, messenger etc for a few months. I was to fly back to Oz for 6 weeks to finalise the sale of my property and and move my furniture. After 3 days back in home I signed my house over via power of attorney to a friend and flew back to Thailand. 

She comes from a middle class family but like your wife her everyday life is about saving money and not wasting needlessly. She works and gives me money towards rent/utilities/food and pulls her weight. She's funny, has the same personality as I do (which is rare cos I'm a lunatic) and my family love her. We've been together over a year now and will be getting married in the new year.

18 hours ago, TonyFromItaly said:

The first day she even gave me 20000 to pretend that when we were around, I paid the meals at the restaurants (to save face I think).

Normally it's the other way around (if they want to save face) and not beeing looked at as a 'rented lady'.

2 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Good on you!

For those among us who are jealous, I say....

If you hang out in cheap "hoorhouses" you tend to meet cheap "hoors".  Just saying. ????

That's a reason to go to the not so cheap houses and pick up the beauties. ???? 

I guess it's me but I don't understand why every one wants to get married, quickly or not. It's 2019 guys.

Lucky me - neither my lady or myself have any interest in getting married.
We're both divorced and don't want to ruin a perfectly good relationship.

I have made provision for her in my will and that covers off the only concern both of us have. She is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Wow I meant a beautiful thai girl she worked same large company as a accountant for 16 years she was the best in everything never asked me for money think she makes 20000. To 25,000. A month after six months I asked her to move in with me after a week she told me she had many debit s I paid 100,000.00 off for her and gave her between 10,000. To 15,000. A month she never stopped working but was not happy I didn’t pay all her debts off at one time think it was around 850,000. After another month she moved out the I think that by her awaiting to explain all her debts was her plan anyways I am still a happy guy and there are many fish in the sea

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There was a time when you were seeking advice about living in Thailand.

That seems to be a long time ago. Now, after how many months staying here, you seem to be an expert. It's kind of funny don't you think.

All our comments in TV are public and many of us have different opinions about different issues. There is not rule to write only nice comments to build up the ego of whoever wrote something.

You write about yourself and your girlfriend: "Our relationship is 50/50 and we both pull our weight daily." That sounds healthy to me. And even if she pays sometime more when you are injured I see no problem with that. But reading the OPs initial post gave me a different idea about his relationship. I wouldn't want to live with a women who gives me cash to go out with her. That's my opinion and that's what I wrote. If other people want to do that and want to write about it then they shouldn't be surprised to read certain comments.

I'm no expert. Still learning everyday same as you. 

I asked for advice when moving here because I was trying to cover my bases and not fall flat on my face here like thousands of expats have done before me. I was coming here with less money and life experience than most. Although I had been here more times than most I knew that moving here would provide challenges that I hadn't thought about and unforseen things would come up. 

Your experiences haven't been my experiences in Thailand. Granted we live very different lives and came here looking for different things. I've read your posts and learned plenty from them and I've read some good things you have written.

This post in question isn't one of them. You didn't add anything of value to the conversation, you simply made an attempt to slight him for no other reason than to say it. Why?

That's all my statement was referring to. I was always taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, it's generally best to say nothing at all. I'm sure the OP is capable of self reflection on his own and what's healthy and unhealthy in his relationships. He's a grown man.

Best wishes

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And are you comfortable to stay with a woman who pays your expenses and even gives you cash? Do you have just a little self respect?

Uh. When I was single here in Thailand met a few women who told me they used to pay for their boyfriends (they didn’t seem too happy about it now that they were single). Not common but happens. But honestly it’s as you said, you should at least avoid letting her pay for you and try to pay for her as often as you can if she’s spending on you. She’d appreciate it. 

12 minutes ago, Nakmuay887 said:

I'm no expert. Still learning everyday same as you. 

I asked for advice when moving here because I was trying to cover my bases and not fall flat on my face here like thousands of expats have done before me. I was coming here with less money and life experience than most. Although I had been here more times than most I knew that moving here would provide challenges that I hadn't thought about and unforseen things would come up. 

Your experiences haven't been my experiences in Thailand. Granted we live very different lives and came here looking for different things. I've read your posts and learned plenty from them and I've read some good things you have written.

This post in question isn't one of them. You didn't add anything of value to the conversation, you simply made an attempt to slight him for no other reason than to say it. Why?

That's all my statement was referring to. I was always taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, it's generally best to say nothing at all. I'm sure the OP is capable of self reflection on his own and what's healthy and unhealthy in his relationships. He's a grown man.

Best wishes

Thanks for your considerate and long reply.

I think your approach to life in Thailand makes a lot of sense and I agree we all learn, or at least should learn, from each other even after a long time in the LOS.

I guess my excuse for above comment is that this is the Farang Pub with lots of crazy stories about the good and the bad girls and how different TV members have often different opinions about this.

When I arrived in Thailand a long time ago I had little money to spend. Enough for me to have a basic life and not much more. I never met a woman who tried to give me any cash. But if this would have been the case then I would have asked myself: Why is she doing that? What does she expect from me? And if I would accept that money what would be the obligations?

11 hours ago, TonyFromItaly said:

Hi @OneMoreFarang,

I have to admit that I felt uncomfortable at the beginning (when she gave me cash) but I knew that was a test, moreover I earn less than her and I have a family to support (she doesn't have children).

I told her I own only my house and I always repeated to her that I earn less than her.

The surprising thing is that when she fell in love she showed me how much she earns (the payroll) because she said she want me to know that she is not looking for money...

Tony

My wife has her own business which provides a good income and we both share the bills, After we met it was 6 years before we actually married, and I moved here now having been married happily for 8 years never looking back. It’s like being on a permanent honeymoon, I hope you have found the happiness and long life relationship that will be needed to enjoy your life here.

1 hour ago, Headgame said:

I guess it's me but I don't understand why every one wants to get married, quickly or not. It's 2019 guys.

One get married, or not, for different reasons. 

In my country one get 25% more pension when married;

not when living together. 

So, after a couple of years living together, I married my Thai partner. 

Except the + money, nothing changed in our daily life. 

She will also get 80 % of my income when becoming a widow, 

Nothing when living together. 

In this age bracket there are plenty of 'good and available ones'.

Unfortunately for me and I guess for most of us farangs residing in Siam, we come here for the young attractive ones-a Thai woman over 35 or 40 has lost all her attractive powers. 

Nevertheless fortunate for you that you can have a satisfying relationship with a woman of your age. 

Interesting but in any country or any family there's good and bad. You are lucky to meet a good lady who can share with you. My advice is that for any man is taking your full responsibility as man is the only way to get respect. Who ever can feed will always dictates you. As for me I don't fee free when ever I need cash and have to ask another person to give me, my mine doesn't allows me to do so. I don't like to ask ladie to give me directions of how or where I spend my cash so this is why I am not in support of taking cash from nobody 

30 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Really? Even if you wife never lived in your country? Never heard this

Yes, 

T.i.B. (This is Belgium) . 

Despite being in the E.U., we still issue our own rules and legislation. 

Having the equivalent of 65000 Thb monthly pension is also not exceptional in my country. 

31 minutes ago, Wasobeya said:

so. I don't like to ask ladie to give me directions of how or

Brought memories from 55 years ago when I was 10. My father a good man R.I.P. wouldn’t ask for directions no matter what ... we

Drove around for hours....

i always ask if i have to.....no biggie 

4 hours ago, Headgame said:

Lucky me - neither my lady or myself have any interest in getting married.
We're both divorced and don't want to ruin a perfectly good relationship.

I have made provision for her in my will and that covers off the only concern both of us have. She is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

um, visa....... 

Archived