Too good to be true? My Thai story continues...(part two)

TonyFromItaly

Hi all,

after 8 months I'm here to continue to tell you my story (first part here: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1095774-she-would-take-care-of-me/)
Short summarize: she is an accounting manager in a big company, she is not young (46) (I'm not young too, I'm 53) and she's not a stunning beauty but I like her.
I waited so long to update the story because I wanted to verify whether it was a serious relationship or not.
So... after I met her the first time, I went again in August to stay with her 1 month.
It was one of the best time in my whole life...
It was the test I wanted to perform to be 100% sure about her.
Before I went I said to her that I hadn't the money to stay one month but only the money for the ticket, because I have many expenses about my children.
She said, no problem I will take care you when you are with me.
So I paid my ticket and I begun my adventure...
She waited for me at the airport and, from that moment ahead, it was as I was living a dream.
I never met before a woman like her, she is so kind, so devoted..
We went to the seaside 3 days and after we were going around near Ayuttaya, she paid everything, hotels lunches, dinners. The first day she even gave me 20000 to pretend that when we were around, I paid the meals at the restaurants (to save face I think).
Later during the week she was working and I was free to go around in Bangkok, at 6pm almost every day I went to pick her up at work. And weekends we went out in Bangkok or outside of Bangkok.
We had a wonderful month.
When I came back we continued to contact every day by video calls.
On November we decided to meet us again (she paid me even the ticket), it was only one week but very beautiful too.
Now we are planning our future together; every 3-4 months we are planning to meet us, and later after 3-4 years I want to get close to her (work in south east Asia if not possible directly in Thailand...)
Later I would like to retire with her upcountry.. I hope I can make this dream come true.
I wrote this story because I believe that still is possible in Thailand to find someone who love us really and it isn't only about bad stories about bargirls taking advantage or gold diggers...

Think positive..

Tony

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TonyFromItaly said:

I wrote this story because I believe that still is possible in Thailand to find someone who love us really and it isn't only about bad stories about bargirls taking advantage or gold diggers...

Think positive..

I was bored one Sunday in 2015 afternoon in the UK, and went on Thai friendly. Met many gold diggers (as expected) and one that caught my eye, not a great deal younger than me , 14 years, school teacher, divorced (abusive Thai hi-so husband) , not a great looker, but ok to me (same me I may add). Met her for a month. Got on well, married after 3 weeks in that month. Now live in Thailand together for 4 years and have one daughter. She's a great cook, cleans the house twice a day. Works if we are ever short of cash. She likes same stuff as me, silly stuff like collecting toys and tv like stranger things and LOTR/hobbit (yeah, daft of thai soap also, but give her a little leeway !!). Some will say mad to marry after 3 weeks, but this lady is the most suitable lady I have ever met in my life.

So yes, it does happen sometimes. If you are lucky.

How for the tricky part in years ahead of actually getting her past uk immigration !

1 hour ago, madmen said:

So she's ugly then. I couldn't be with an unattractive woman no matter how many meals she pays for 

That's because you're a handsome man, many of us aren't so lucky. I wasn't blessed with good looks, but my pocket full of 1000 bht notes works for me.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And are you comfortable to stay with a woman who pays your expenses and even gives you cash? Do you have just a little self respect?

Mine earns a good salary and pays for plenty of things. Especially when I am on the mend after Thai boxing fights. Our relationship is 50/50 and we both pull our weight daily. I got staph in my leg during my last fight and she's had the brunt of the Financials on her these last few weeks. 

Does that make me less of a man with less self respect than you? Gonna take a stab in the dark and say no, it doesn't. 

How is his relationship any of your business? Are you a relative to the women he is dating? Why comment anything at all? Why not read the post and move on. Why go out of your way to say something mean for no reason other than spite? 

Do you feel Thailand belongs to you and you only? If someone is living in a way differently than you are it doesn't necessarily make them "wrong". Nor does it mean that the OP lacks "self respect" 

I only ask this because I see a ton of this attitude on this forum and it boggles my mind. 

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And are you comfortable to stay with a woman who pays your expenses and even gives you cash? Do you have just a little self respect?

Hi @OneMoreFarang,

I have to admit that I felt uncomfortable at the beginning (when she gave me cash) but I knew that was a test, moreover I earn less than her and I have a family to support (she doesn't have children).

I told her I own only my house and I always repeated to her that I earn less than her.

The surprising thing is that when she fell in love she showed me how much she earns (the payroll) because she said she want me to know that she is not looking for money...

Tony

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I was bored one Sunday in 2015 afternoon in the UK, and went on Thai friendly. Met many gold diggers (as expected) and one that caught my eye, not a great deal younger than me , 14 years, school teacher, divorced (abusive Thai hi-so husband) , not a great looker, but ok to me (same me I may add). Met her for a month. Got on well, married after 3 weeks in that month. Now live in Thailand together for 4 years and have one daughter. She's a great cook, cleans the house twice a day. Works if we are ever short of cash. She likes same stuff as me, silly stuff like collecting toys and tv like stranger things and LOTR/hobbit (yeah, daft of thai soap also, but give her a little leeway !!). Some will say mad to marry after 3 weeks, but this lady is the most suitable lady I have ever met in my life.

How for the tricky part in years ahead of actually getting her past uk immigration !

Hi @RichardColeman,

awesome story!

Wish you all the best mate.

Tony

3 hours ago, Nakmuay887 said:

Mine earns a good salary and pays for plenty of things. Especially when I am on the mend after Thai boxing fights. Our relationship is 50/50 and we both pull our weight daily. I got staph in my leg during my last fight and she's had the brunt of the Financials on her these last few weeks. 

You are lucky man! Keep her happy, she is a good woman.

Tony

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

He never said he wants to take her to the UK. He said he wants to live with her up country.

IMO never a good idea to take a Thai woman to a western country, where they become just like all the women we didn't want to marry.

3 hours ago, TonyFromItaly said:

Hi @madmen,

I never said that she is ugly, I only said she is not a stunning beauty.

She take care very good of her shape, face (beauty treatments) and dress stilish.

Tony

Wise man. A beautiful woman is always a problem as they tend to be high maintenance, and every bloke around is hitting on them. My Thai wife was no DDG beauty, yet kept getting hit on. Had I been the jealous type I'd have had a problem with it.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He never said he wants to take her to the UK. He said he wants to live with her up country.

IMO never a good idea to take a Thai woman to a western country, where they become just like all the women we didn't want to marry.

1. I want to take her and our daughter back to the UK eventually (when I'm feeble in old age probably or Thai immigration go fully potty).

2. Partially agree. I did this with my first Thai wife and I divorced her 3 years later. I think taking a wife of 15-20 years back to the UK with your kid is a pretty safe bet. Taking a wife or g/f back to the UK after 6 months is just asking for trouble

Just now, RichardColeman said:

1. I want to take her and our daughter back to the UK eventually (when I'm feeble in old age probably or Thai immigration go fully potty).

2. Partially agree. I did this with my first Thai wife and I divorced her 3 years later. I think taking a wife of 15-20 years back to the UK with your kid is a pretty safe bet. Taking a wife or g/f back to the UK after 6 months is just asking for trouble

Apologies. I missed that about going back to the UK when old and decrepit. Have to say that I think that would be unfair to expect her to leave the place and her family just to look after him in a cold and strange place where she knows no one.

9 hours ago, Nakmuay887 said:

Does that make me less of a man with less self respect than you? Gonna take a stab in the dark and say no, it doesn't. 

How is his relationship any of your business? Are you a relative to the women he is dating? Why comment anything at all? Why not read the post and move on. Why go out of your way to say something mean for no reason other than spite? 

Do you feel Thailand belongs to you and you only? If someone is living in a way differently than you are it doesn't necessarily make them "wrong". Nor does it mean that the OP lacks "self respect" 

I only ask this because I see a ton of this attitude on this forum and it boggles my mind. 

There was a time when you were seeking advice about living in Thailand.

That seems to be a long time ago. Now, after how many months staying here, you seem to be an expert. It's kind of funny don't you think.

All our comments in TV are public and many of us have different opinions about different issues. There is not rule to write only nice comments to build up the ego of whoever wrote something.

You write about yourself and your girlfriend: "Our relationship is 50/50 and we both pull our weight daily." That sounds healthy to me. And even if she pays sometime more when you are injured I see no problem with that. But reading the OPs initial post gave me a different idea about his relationship. I wouldn't want to live with a women who gives me cash to go out with her. That's my opinion and that's what I wrote. If other people want to do that and want to write about it then they shouldn't be surprised to read certain comments.

6 hours ago, TonyFromItaly said:

Hi @OneMoreFarang,

I have to admit that I felt uncomfortable at the beginning (when she gave me cash) but I knew that was a test, moreover I earn less than her and I have a family to support (she doesn't have children).

I told her I own only my house and I always repeated to her that I earn less than her.

The surprising thing is that when she fell in love she showed me how much she earns (the payroll) because she said she want me to know that she is not looking for money...

Tony

Thanks for your reply.

Did you consider just asking her to pay the bills without giving you cash?

I know it's not unusual anywhere in Thailand when the woman pays the bill. So it should be a problem for her when she does it.

One part of your story bothers me as follows.  Are you currently married or divorced?  How long will the financial obligation to your children last, are they almost grown?  "Before I went I said to her that I hadn't the money to stay one month but only the money for the ticket, because I have many expenses about my children."  Are you aware of the requirements to live in Thailand upon your retirement.  Income and probable health insurance requirements?  I am retired 79 years old and married to a very nice and much younger Thai lady.  Monthly income requirements, poor exchange rates and possible health insurance has put a real strain on our disposable monthly income and budget and even due to my age and insurance issues even the possibility of being able to remain together.  Am not poor but want enough left for her and my step daughter to have good lives many years after I am gone.  You have a lot of very serious thinking to do.  But, I wish you good luck!  

Archived