5G to improve quality of life: Deputy PM

webfact

5G does not have a long range signal unlike 2.4G which has been borne out by having a dual band fibre router in my house . When the 5G disappeared from the router my wife had what she called fast internet but after me complaining to our provider (3BB) and getting a new router we now had 5G but no 2.4G and she said the speed was now very slow and not work sometimes (I speed checked and was only getting at most 20 mbps on a 300/300 mbps plan only 20 metres away , luckily now the 2.4g has come back on and she is happy again but my ethernet connection is now only getting 100 mbps so once our contract has expired I am going to change provider . 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DLock said:

How will it bridge the income gap?

How will it widen peoples accessibility to information (over, say, 4G)?

How will it give more accessibility to healthcare?

How do people in the audience manage to sit still and listen to this bowling ball headed fool spout rubbish about a topic he doesn't even understand.

It really does feel like they ran out of places at the Mental Hospital, so gave them all work experience in the Government, and they kind of just stayed on...

Wouldn't it be great if the media here could actually pull these guys up on their theories and ask them some real questions. I bet they would become like embarrassed school children. 

• Like 2

what a load of bs! From what i read it only benefits government and military with little help for normal people and the health risks associated could be catastrophic. Anyone seen the hazmat suits used to install 5g towers? Wouldnt need them if it were safe right?

Im already streaming 4k movies from finn mobile to my tv, netflix is fine and anything faster doesnt seem necessary like 8k tb dorsnt seem necessary.

People should take a gander at the docs on this 5g on youtube. Interesting stuff! Good chance its for spying more than anything and if its coming from china from huawei im moving out! 

I had a huawei phone and it was the best until i actualy thought about it and realized i would lose google and all associated with it and put my info at the mercy of the chinese. No thanks...

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

keith i just want you to know the "5G" you are talking about is not the same as the 5G cellular network.

this is a common misconception.

While you’re correct, the 5G cell network also isn’t long range. It’s very short. 

There are videos on YouTube about this and cities with “5G” only having 5G within the distance of a few buildings in the entire city. 

Amazing tech but there’s still a ways to go for a good rollout around the world. It will be limited for a while. Perhaps in Thailand a particular mall will have it or shopping area. It’s not going to be country wide or even city wide for a while.

Edited by dcnx
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

what a load of bs! From what i read it only benefits government and military with little help for normal people and the health risks associated could be catastrophic. Anyone seen the hazmat suits used to install 5g towers? Wouldnt need them if it were safe right?

Im already streaming 4k movies from finn mobile to my tv, netflix is fine and anything faster doesnt seem necessary like 8k tb dorsnt seem necessary.

People should take a gander at the docs on this 5g on youtube. Interesting stuff! Good chance its for spying more than anything and if its coming from china from huawei im moving out! 

I had a huawei phone and it was the best until i actualy thought about it and realized i would lose google and all associated with it and put my info at the mercy of the chinese. No thanks...

I have had a Huawei mobile for 3 years now and Google works on it as do most programs. I haven't noticed and data go away or mysterious files or programs appear from nowhere.

IF and it is a big IF Huawei build a 5G network do you really think that they will care about the people like you and I?

The current furore has been dragged up by the so called "leader" of the western world, Donald Trump. A person who believes that he can run the whole world by simply using Twitter.

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have had a Huawei mobile for 3 years now and Google works on it as do most programs. I haven't noticed and data go away or mysterious files or programs appear from nowhere.

IF and it is a big IF Huawei build a 5G network do you really think that they will care about the people like you and I?

The current furore has been dragged up by the so called "leader" of the western world, Donald Trump. A person who believes that he can run the whole world by simply using Twitter.

No, no hang on. The Chinese are desperately disappointed that they can't learn what films he's downloading. That was essential information for them. They're distraught.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bkkgriz said:

How? These empty suits spout this nonsense, but never get down to brass tacks. Will having a 5G network make an issan rice farmer rich? Why couldn't 2G, 3G, or 4G do this? Does 5G connect to the 1% bank accounts and automatically transfer funds? All this talk about 5G saving the world. Let's face it, all it will do is allow people to upload and download p0rn faster.

well, look i work in IT and can explain it to you:

It facking doesn't, no one needs that <deleted>. Every government telling us that 5g has any meaningful influence on our lifes is either bribed by huawei or loves it's surveillance capabilities. The last thing on earth we need is faster internet...

• Like 1