Thai travel agents urge govt to extend visa on arrival arrangements

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“Once implemented, we can attract high-end tourists from China to come to Thailand several times a year. These tourists have strong purchasing power and can boost the travel industry as well as generate considerable revenue for local entrepreneurs.”

The high end big spending Chinese are looking further than Thailand, all they can purchase here is Chinese grade 3 copies!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Desperately grabbing for any straw they can. Meanwhile, the glut of new hotels they threw up everywhere are sitting at 40% occupancy, with reservations dropping. 

But no worries, the hoards of Chinese, and the big spending Indians will save them. lol

"and the big spending Indians will save them. lol". Yes, and the hotels will have to stock up on their packets of straws.

22 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Desperately grabbing for any straw they can. Meanwhile, the glut of new hotels they threw up everywhere are sitting at 40% occupancy, with reservations dropping. 

But no worries, the hoards of Chinese, and the big spending Indians will save them. lol

They made the same mistake as Costa del Sol, ruined everything with greed now only the plebs go there but not in great numbers, it's Blackpool in the sun, who flys 10,000km for that.

16 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

High end travellers, from anywhere and not just China, want high end services, high end infrastructure, high end attractions to visit. Thailand all too often does not provide this. TAT and other members of government would not know what competition they are up against because they have been brainwashed from birth to believe that everything in Thailand is perfect and therefore irresistible to foreigners. It is not, especially to people who have real money to spend and know where to spend it. And that doesn't include a country with attitude. Thailand is a low end attraction and has been for decades. When the country was cheap it attracted the cheap tourists. Now that is no longer cheap they have gone, and they won't be replaced by high spenders because Thailand doesn't tick their boxes.

It will be next to impossible to change that, because Thais are always, always in denial and will endlessly defend every single thing about Thailand even when it is indefensible. A poster on TV is a prime example. When something is indefensible even for them, they clam up, blank you, pretend the problem isn't there.

Absolutely summed it up, but they will always have a come back, "mai pen rai, up to you" as opposed to addressing the real issues at hand, always using the left hand, no idea what the right one is for, I have the left hand, so know need to use the right hand.

If you fly in on a UK passport do you need a visa or is it visa free? Or must you get a VoA? I saw about 500 Chinese waiting outside the VoA office at Suvarnabhumi last time I went through....god only knows how long it took to get processed, what with being the internet and technology hub and all....

20 hours ago, Nakmuay887 said:

seems like many of the Chinese have moved on to Vietnam anyway. I see Vietnam overtaking Thailand in many ways in the next several years.

Vietnam - tourists from China this year. 2.7m, down 3.3% on 2018.

Thailand - tourists from China this year. 9.1m. down 1.7% on 2018.

They have a way to go. Surging Asian markets for Chinese tourism are Myanmar (up 140%), Singapore, and Malaysia. Why TVF readers have this fascination with Vietnam, I'll never know. I can only assume none of them have ever been there, with the exception of BritMan who has found a niche there.