Kratom leaves dropped from narcotics list

webfact

Kratom leaves dropped from narcotics list

By THE NATION

800_cb99e1cd3b3b3fd.jpg?v=1577433724

Justic Minister Somsak Thepsuthin and Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) today (December 27) to remove Kratom leaves from Thailand’s list of narcotics.

It aimed to study the impact of using marijuana and kratom leaves for other purposes, instead of as narcotics.

Witnesses at the MOU signing included representatives of the Office of Narcotics Control Board (ONCB) and other relevant agencies.

Somsak has said that kratom leaves did not match the narcotics characteristics specified by World Health Organisation (WHO).

“Those who use them can stop using it easily, and the leaves can be used as herb to relieve pain, fever, dysentery, or diarrhea. Also, it is better than morphine thirteen times in killing pain.” he said.

4I1A6905%20copy.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379916

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-27

So what does this mean to the average person? Can we buy it? Grow it? Put a couple leaves in a tea at work on a stressful day? Strangely, Kratom use has been booming in the US it seems from all the media I've seen. Thailand seems to be following or reacting to the US with all of its drug moves lately.

This is great news.  For those of us with chronic restless legs/arms syndrome (Willis Ekbom disease), Kratom has helped so many sufferers in countries where it has been legal. 

It means many sufferers have a viable alternative to ease the suffering of this debilitating disease.  So many other drugs for RLS cause augmentation.   

Chap in southen africa took the seeds from Thailand, grew tress in southern africa, and now makes tons of money around the world, selling the product.

Thailand was and is, just tooooo slow to pick up market trends. Always kowtowing to the people who think they know better.

You lost out Thailand.

well how easy was that to drop something from the narcotics list?
now get serious and open up for alternative business that will benefit all with its by-products.
lets not forget, never in the history of man has so much money been spent trying to find something wrong with a plant.

weed.jpg

Is this like where cops sent text to those that had arrest warrants, inviting them to a super bowl party. Then arrested those that showed up for the free food and drink?

Be careful if you decide to purchase this stuff, it is still fine able. The prediction is that a lot of arrests, near arrests, and personal fines are still in the works between now and when Kratom is legalized.

5 hours ago, aussienam said:

This is great news.  For those of us with chronic restless legs/arms syndrome (Willis Ekbom disease), Kratom has helped so many sufferers in countries where it has been legal. 

It means many sufferers have a viable alternative to ease the suffering of this debilitating disease.  So many other drugs for RLS cause augmentation.   

I kept telling people I had restless arm disease but they just called me a <deleted>!

:sorry:

1 hour ago, oobar said:

Huh?  Can anyone with experience back up this statement, which seems absurd?

Having been given morphine in hospital I cant imagine what 13 times more powerful would do because I was already in heaven when they had me on that stuff...I somehow doubt it can be true. After all, if it was true, then why would a controlled kratom not be used in hospitals instead of an equally controlled morphine?

Always negative replies.

Give credit where credit is due, at least they are making strides to finally legalize Pot and Kratom.

I have done Pot “research” all over the world for 40+ yrs.........I can attest to the fact it is not harmful and back in the 80’s it was the only thing that gave my Dad any relief from his acute Rheumatoid Arthritis.........there is documented proof it has medicinal value for many ailments.

Having been on Morphine for 3 yrs due to 5 inoperable degenerated discs, I will be happy to try Kratom and or CBD oil.

1 hour ago, oobar said:

Huh?  Can anyone with experience back up this statement, which seems absurd?

There is no way that Kratom is 13 times as strong as Morphine, that just shows the incompetence of these people. Oxymorphone, which is a highly abused opiate, is 3-7 times as potent than Morphine, and Acetylfentanyl is 15 times as potent. I am not quite sure where it fits on the scale, but I assume Morphine is actually more potent than Kratom. 

23 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

Always negative replies.

Give credit where credit is due, at least they are making strides to finally legalize Pot and Kratom.

I have done Pot “research” all over the world for 40+ yrs.........I can attest to the fact it is not harmful and back in the 80’s it was the only thing that gave my Dad any relief from his acute Rheumatoid Arthritis.........there is documented proof it has medicinal value for many ailments.

Having been on Morphine for 3 yrs due to 5 inoperable degenerated discs, I will be happy to try Kratom and or CBD oil.

Well said that man.

39 minutes ago, uncleeagle said:

Having been given morphine in hospital I cant imagine what 13 times more powerful would do because I was already in heaven when they had me on that stuff...I somehow doubt it can be true. After all, if it was true, then why would a controlled kratom not be used in hospitals instead of an equally controlled morphine?

...try 'approval' after about 10 years of studies and testing.

"Taking too much kratom can cause some unintended health problems, including agitation, seizures, rapid heart rate and high blood pressure.

In extreme cases, kratom overdose can put a person into a coma, stop their breathing or cause kidney failure"

Let me guess, Cannabis is still on the prohibited narcotics list and treated ounce for ounce or gram for gram the same as heroin, crack and methamphetamine.

Yikes. ????

BTW, can anyone explain how a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) today has the force "du juris" of an actual law?

In America, MOUs mean nothing in a court of law.  Basically, an MOU says you intend to do something in the future.

OK, as of today I have issued a MOU saying I intend to strengthen my legs enough to win the Olympic metal for high jump.  

Go ahead and congratulate me on winning my gold medal. ????

Archived