Thailand welcomes 39th million tourist

snoop1130

Thailand welcomes 39th million tourist

444a059e093d4efabe27cb8d2de2e8a0_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - At Suvarnabhumi Airport in Samut Prakan province, the Tourism and Sports Minister, Pipat Ratchakitprakan, welcomed the 39th million tourist for 2019. The person is Anna Pavlovskaya, a 44-year-old Russian who has visited Thailand twice. Mrs. Pavlovskaya said she plans to take a vacation with her family in Phuket province. She was rewarded with the "Luckiest Visitor" shirt, a certificate, a five-night voucher at eligible four to five-star hotels in Thailand and two round-trip tickets for flights with Thai Airways International (THAI).

The Tourism and Sports Minister said his ministry and the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) look forward to welcoming more tourists. Prime Minister and Defense Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, instructed all sectors to be good hosts to foreign visitors and create a positive impression, so that they will return to Thailand again.

The Tourism and Sports Minister said the total number of international tourists is likely to hit 39.8 million by the end of this year because Thailand welcomes 140,000 visitors per day.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2019-12-27
  • Like 1

She was rewarded with the "Luckiest Visitor" shirt, a certificate, a five-night voucher at eligible four to five-star hotels in Thailand and two round-trip tickets for flights with Thai Airways International (THAI).

Pretty good prizes. Wouldn’t mind that at all although I would just burn the flights portion. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Why suddenly make it a round figure? Just a week ago it seemed perfectly fine to make a lot of fanfare about the 38.26 millionth arrival.

Besides, only on December 11 it was reported that arrivals had reached 32.5 million. Provided that both total arrival figures are correct, that would mean an increase of a whopping 6.5 million new arrivals over the past 16 days, or an average of 382,352 PER DAY. How on earth does Thailand's woefully understaffed immigration department have the capacity to even process half of that? They already seem to struggle when two Boeing-747 land back to back. I just continue to believe that all these figures are deliberately doctored.

I wasn’t going to bother but what the heck. The Dec 11 report (32.51 mio) was arrivals till 31st Oct. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I wasn’t going to bother but what the heck. The Dec 11 report (32.51 mio) was arrivals till 31st Oct. 

11 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Why suddenly make it a round figure? Just a week ago it seemed perfectly fine to make a lot of fanfare about the 38.26 millionth arrival.

Besides, only on December 11 it was reported that arrivals had reached 32.5 million. Provided that both total arrival figures are correct, that would mean an increase of a whopping 6.5 million new arrivals over the past 16 days, or an average of 382,352 PER DAY. How on earth does Thailand's woefully understaffed immigration department have the capacity to even process half of that? They already seem to struggle when two Boeing-747 land back to back. I just continue to believe that all these figures are deliberately doctored.

Even if it is from Oct 31st to now it still means a tourist arrival figure of around 114.035 people per day or 4,750 people per hour (24 hours per day) - that seems a tad high to me ????

• Like 2