Immigration raids luxury ‘gay spa’ in Bangkok - 11 foreigners arrested - some earning 50k per DAY

rooster59

3 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

The bath houses were closed because they were the epicenter of the epidemic.

And like I said...that did not work.  People continued to have risky sex in other places.  Only education and condoms worked, and the bath houses were quickly reopened and engaged to provide education.  THAT is what worked.  Prove me wrong.

Edited by NewlyMintedThai
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

The bath houses were closed because they were the epicenter of the epidemic.

Bath houses were not closed except in some local government regions

I am not sure where you think the "epicentre" was but they were not bath houses in the USA

Edited by RJRS1301

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Heterosexual transmission in Africa very high always has been.

I claim no knowledge of the subject matter in this thread but I have heard that some if not most African countries have a pretty negative attitude to homosexuals.  I suspect therefore that the above statement may reflect a reluctance to admit being gay rather than having HIV/Aids or transmitting it.

18 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Prove me wrong. The USA  bath houses were ground zero. In the mean time, think before you post, try to be logical, and don't complain that I have hurt your feelings.

Have you read "and the Band Played On"?? That would give you a full history of the American experience. The bath houses were quickly re opened in most cases to better educate patrons (many of whom considered themselves straight)

The western experience of HIV is different from the Eastern European, Asian, and African nations 

7 minutes ago, losername said:

I claim no knowledge of the subject matter in this thread but I have heard that some if not most African countries have a pretty negative attitude to homosexuals.  I suspect therefore that the above statement may reflect a reluctance to admit being gay rather than having HIV/Aids or transmitting it.

There is not a lot homosexual transmission in African nations, females living with HIV very high, 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

There is not a lot homosexual transmission in African nations, females living with HIV very high, 

I don't doubt what you say but I do question the quality of information that may be available about the homosexual community in Africa.  15 years imprisonment in a Zambian jail (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-50630026) would persuade me to keep pretty quiet about my lifestyle.  

1 minute ago, losername said:

I don't doubt what you say but I do question the quality of information that may be available about the homosexual community in Africa.  15 years imprisonment in a Zambian jail (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-50630026) would persuade me to keep pretty quiet about my lifestyle.  

What you say is true not only in Zambia, but health collection data allows for anomalies and variations , the fact remains that  collected data reflect not only in African nations but also many Asian ones as well

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Not quite correct, there are saliva testing kits available, and rapid testing blood tests, very good if administered correctly. 

If you start moving into anything the costs money or expense, except for the very basic costs, to the venue you will find the owners, especially Thai, balk at these efforts as they just do not want to stand the cost. Customer well being is way down their lists of importance.

I agree, times have changed and testing has become better, faster and much improved than what it was.

However, this brings another issue where the Thais performing these services refuse to take the tests for fear of hearing something they don't want to acknowledge. This also applies to other South East nations that provide such services.

It is/was well known about people continuing in this industry knowing they were infected but have little other options of employment, and of course, those just that do not care.

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I wonder which occupation that these guys were doing are foreigners not allowed to engage in????

--Thai massage

--Prostitution

--or both???

And so since the Thai workers were let go with a warning, does that mean the police now consider engaging in prostitution to be an acceptable occupation for Thais?

If Thais "provide this service" it's not prostitution.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I wonder which occupation that these guys were doing are foreigners not allowed to engage in????

--Thai massage

--Prostitution

--or both???

And so since the Thai workers were let go with a warning, does that mean the police now consider engaging in prostitution to be an acceptable occupation for Thais?

There is no law against prostitution in Thailand. The Thais could, however, have been charged with working in a brothel.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

All the Thais were let go, and 11 foreigners were arrested. Little Oud continues his nonsense racist campaign. Good job guys. Do you know how the world views you? Any idea? Do you care one iota? 

It's not how the world views Thailand, it's hysterical folk like you and many others here

taking offence at every article, desperately looking for an anti farang angle.

The real world, ie, the one that exists outside of this forum would be totally unaware

of this occurrence.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

my bad, did not realise the half naked boys where there for the purposes of Thai massage.

Have you never been to a dodgy massage parlor before?  You pay for and receive a massage.  “Extras” are not mandatory and are between you and the masseur, and you tip accordingly.  That is how these places avoid the distinction of being a “brothel”, which directly sell sexual services.  It is the same the world over.

Just now, NewlyMintedThai said:

Have you never been to a dodgy massage parlor before?  You pay for and receive a massage.  “Extras” are not mandatory and are between you and the masseur, and you tip accordingly.  That is how these places avoid the distinction of being a “brothel”, which directly sell sexual services.  It is the same the world over.

Not to one where half naked boys are doing the massage.................

Did you enjoy ?

6 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Please, by all means, feel free to change careers ????

I am exotic in these parts with blonde hair and blue eyes so I think I would probably be more expensive, or far less expensive. one of the two.

I will stick to boxing for now, seems like the safer career path haha

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I use a Thai Massage facility, never been offered nor do I want happy endings. Genuine Thai massage from a trained therapist is great.

An adult, un-misdirected, untwisted comment. How unusual. Be prepared for a string of confused emoji at best, or endless nasty interp of your "Genuine Thai" as usual.

• Haha 1