Four Chinese safe as hot air balloon plummets to the ground

rooster59

Interesting. English farang I know well was managing hot air balloon trips in Myanmar many years. I asked him why he didnt do it in CNX we used to have a field where it happens. He told me the Thai Junta made hot air  balloon stuff illegal. So how did we manage to get 4 Chinese injured?

33 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Interesting. English farang I know well was managing hot air balloon trips in Myanmar many years. I asked him why he didnt do it in CNX we used to have a field where it happens. He told me the Thai Junta made hot air  balloon stuff illegal. So how did we manage to get 4 Chinese injured?

Read again....UNINJURED.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wgdanson said:
59 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Read again....UNINJURED.

Kind of missing the point there wg... :coffee1:

How did 4 chinese manage to go on a hot air ballon ride if ballooning is illegal in Thailand?

Is ballooning illegal in Thailand ?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

How did 4 chinese manage to go on a hot air ballon ride if ballooning is illegal in Thailand?

How do Chinese (or Indian, or Brits, or Yanks) get to 'hire' a young lady for the night as that is also illegal in THailand?   LOL

Edited by wgdanson
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Have you tried asking google? Its very easy and terribly modern.

• Haha 1

About eight years ago when we still lived in Saraphi, (C Mai) our dogs started barking whilst looking up at something - the missus and I raced out on the verandah in time to see a hot-air balloon just miss our roof and then crash in a lumyai orchard, about 100m away. It just missed landing on a Police Box on the road from Hang Dong to Saraphi. Four very shaken Thai blokes yelled out "khor-tod krup, gat mot" (excuse me, we ran out of gas). Still have the photos. Only time I ever saw a manned balloon in 25 years in LOS. You will never get me up in one of those things !

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Mad to get into a balloon in Thailand

Not really. I know a trained experienced German Balloon Pilot from San Kamphaeng /Chiangmai. So if you are interested to watch the world (he is going around the world) you might contact him. He's the owner of Aroy Garden. Ask for Manfred from Cologne!!! ????????????

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Obviously not, it's pretty hard to put a multi coloured colossal balloon in the skies without it being noticed and if you try to use the cover of darkness, how do you hide the burner?

10 hours ago, wgdanson said:

How do Chinese (or Indian, or Brits, or Yanks) get to 'hire' a young lady for the night as that is also illegal in THailand?   LOL

Hiring someone is illegal? I thought it was the 'payment for sex' part which is illegal and thus difficult to prove, as far as I know it hiring someone for their time is not illegal.

A balloon ride (if illegal) may be just a dash more obvious than someone going to a hotel room (although to be honest that's pretty obvious too, but actual proof is hard to get). 

Lets not start LoL'ing at our own posts pls !!! (that's kind of a message to all TV posters !) ????