Thai Airways cancels tickets!

harleyclarkey

Other airlines would close such an error fare case in an obliging way.

Error fares occur randomly. This 1033 USD return to Europe is not such an obvious one.

Good that the facts are made public outside of Thailand.

Otherwise a defamation case would be due :annoyed:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

There are certain airlines that I would never use, mostly on safety issues. Some airlines I would never use (unless they were the only ones operating a particular route) based on quality of service and price. TG and BA are two of those.

+1

Only one airline has come within an inch of ending my life and, on TWO separate occasions. No prizes for guessing which airline. If I wrote on here what the "pilot" did the first time, none of you would ever believe it ! But I will, anyway.

So, say, if I borrowed your car to drive 700 klms across the Sahara, but I never checked the fuel tank had any gas before starting off, - that would be pretty dumb, huh ? The only announcement, just after takeoff, was "returning to BKK, emergency landing". Then a right turn and skimming over rice paddies. Never again.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, 30la said:

With methods like these it's no wonder that Thai is on the verge of bankruptcy!
Hopefully it's a very fast death so it can't harm more people!

Maybe you can explain how a simple airline ticketing error has any bearing on the state of the Thai economy? In my option United Airlines is the worst airlines in the world. They over book flights, don’t honor seat assignments, have terrible food, lose luggage, etc. The USA economy is humming along nicely, actually very well despite crappy service at United. I might also add the reason the Thai bank is so strong is because the economy happens to be doing very nicely at the moment- large trade surplus, tourism on the rise and a per capital gdp almost twice that of Japan. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, hugh2121 said:

You would use AA????

...never. I once missed my connecting international flight, and another connecting flight home, because they decided to only use a later flight, as the earlier one one was not sufficiently booked. They are truly a pain in the butt.