Bangkok airport like a zoo and the passengers are animals! Worker gets in hot water

webfact

2 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Ah, but some zoos are better managed.

Sure. Its not that all suck, just some suck less? I had a firm, contoured, satisfying dump this morning, but its still a dump.

22 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'm not trying to defend Andrew Biggs here, but it was quite a few months ago he mentioned 'hell' and subsequently wrote in his column he'd been 'summoned' to Immigration headquarters, where he apologised and everyone seemed happy.

He did claim it was cost cutting - "Staff numbers and budgets have been slashed" - that caused the demise of his column this week, but who knows?

BP has severe money problems - and may not last much longer, Print edition is likely the next to go.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Netizens reacted to the female airport worker's Facebook post with fury.

Glad to see that Thailand's collective conniption is alive and well in the New Year,

and a committee had been set up

together with the standard response.

People are getting too PC. I remember 20 years ago in a famous monastery beer garden in Bavaria (Andechs) I was on my second mass when one of the brewers came out of the cellar, fat, a huge moustache and a big grin. He surveyed the beer garden full to overflowing and remarked in a loud voice to a waitress, "I see the monkey cage is full of apes again", he received a roar of laughter from the guests.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

A worker at Suvarnabhumi airport has apologised after she called the airport a zoo and compared passengers to animals.

dont know why she has to apologise shes  probably  pretty  much correct although it should work both ways  if  passengers can  call IO apes  or something..........more pansies  taking offence at words

I think airport workers have a right to say what they want...I imagine the airport staff encounter all kinds of rude people - especially when there is a language and cultural barrier. 

I flew into the airport a week ago and was impressed how all the immigration counters were staffed during “rush hour”. I also picked up my luggage within 15 minutes. Even the taxi driver was nice & professional. (I have lived/ worked in Thailand over 14 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

People are getting too PC. I remember 20 years ago in a famous monastery beer garden in Bavaria (Andechs) I was on my second mass when one of the brewers came out of the cellar, fat, a huge moustache and a big grin. He surveyed the beer garden full to overflowing and remarked in a loud voice to a waitress, "I see the monkey cage is full of apes again", he received a roar of laughter from the guests.

I tend to agree.... but.... I also recognize that this - being “too pc” — is where we - as a collective society - are at..... maybe it’s right and maybe it’s wrong, who knows, but IT is in fact where we are and when we are... so, I think one has to adjust their reality to go along with “the times”

18 minutes ago, toenail said:

I think airport workers have a right to say what they want...I imagine the airport staff encounter all kinds of rude people - especially when there is a language and cultural barrier. 

I flew into the airport a week ago and was impressed how all the immigration counters were staffed during “rush hour”. I also picked up my luggage within 15 minutes. Even the taxi driver was nice & professional. (I have lived/ worked in Thailand over 14 years. 

I agree that people should have the right to freely express themselves — in a personal capacity — on their own social media channels.... but... I also agree that given how “tied” ones social media postings can be between being a private individual, and their own person as an employee of X coming, I do also think an employer should also have some limited rights to disassociate themselves from people who don’t share their same viewpoint or values.

This part for me is a bit of a tricky one to balance as I do believe that you should be free to express yourself as an individual... but .... when that “freely express” brings negative impact to their employer, I don’t think the employer should be powerless to take action either.

When Swampy first  opened, it felt like a real step forward for Thailand. Now, 13 years later, it is starting to feel a bit old, and is not keeping up with the amazing airports throughout Asia. No public lounge areas, very limited facilities, difficult to access wi-fi, and if it were not for the employee food court downstairs, very over priced food. And the crowds. It often feels like it is running beyond capacity, and the lines at immigration, both leaving and arriving do not help. And I tend to like both airports, and travel. I still think it is a decent airport, but nowhere near what it could be.

• Like 1

It's not hell, it's a <deleted>hole. Just on some days it's a bigger <deleted>hole than others, and yes, the passengers often behave like animals. No apology necessary. Promote her and let her solve the problem.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:50 AM, neeray said:

Me neither but I saw Cassius Clay in a Chicago airport. ????

On 12/31/2019 at 11:28 AM, Stocky said:

The monkey house.

I have never seen a white monkey, although I have seen white tigers and polar bears ????