Veganism is a belief protected under UK law, tribunal rules

rooster59

I find it amusing that all these people are coming on here claiming they have no problem with vegans as long as they shut up about it, yet are going on and on and on about how unhealthy and bad for you it is.  If you want them to let you get on with your life and eating habits, then stop making such a fuss over theirs.

(And no, I'm not a vegan nor a vegetarian, though I do restrict my meat to just a bit of chicken or fish one or two times a week, and believe I am healthier for it.  However, I would stand up for the right of anyone to eat whatever they choose (as long as it's legal).  Just stop trying to convert everyone else to your diet, whether it be strict vegan or full cow swallowing).

Edited by ballpoint
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ballpoint said:

I find it amusing that all these people are coming on here claiming they have no problem with vegans as long as they shut up about it, yet are going on and on and on about how unhealthy and bad for you it is.  If you want them to let you get on with your life and eating habits, then stop making such a fuss over theirs.

(And no, I'm not a vegan nor a vegetarian, though I do restrict my meat to just a bit of chicken or fish one or two times a week, and believe I am healthier for it.  However, I would stand up for the right of anyone to eat whatever they choose (as long as it's legal).  Just stop trying to convert everyone else to your diet, whether it be strict vegan or full cow swallowing).

(Alright i'll bite...)

Since when has the act of eating anything not been legal?

12 hours ago, sirineou said:

"According to a recent report on the largest study of vegetarians and vegans to date, those eating plant-based diets appear to have a significantly longer life expectancy. Vegetarians live on average almost eight years longer than the general population,  "

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/plant-based-diet_b_1981838

yes 8 very miserable years????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

My post was simply a response on the claim that vegetarianism is unhealthy. The quality of life is a totally different question.

Being more healthy might make them less miserable than others, but if you are married dying eight years earlier might be a blessing' LOL

The old joke is:

Why do married many die before their wives?

the answer:

Because they want to.????

the joke is funnier if you have a drum roll LOL

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:
1 hour ago, evadgib said:

(Alright i'll bite...)

Since when has the act of eating anything not been legal?

Tiger meat, monkey brains (in most countries), Rhino horn...

From your avatar I can see why eating monkey brains is something that gets your attention.  ????

58 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

There is a Billy Connolly bit about foods that make you live longer (recorded before he became incredibly ill and aged 20 years in 1 month, poor guy).  It went something like "you get to live another 8 years, but it's not those healthy 23 year-old years, it's 8 old man years."

"Eating brown bread will make you live longer, but by how much -- 2 weeks?"

A few years after hearing these jokes I was diagnosed with a health condition that forced me to take more caution in what I eat (e.g. like only brown bread) so I no longer find these jokes funny.