Carolina man spends over 5 years in Thailand prisons, shares journey of survival, redemption

rooster59

Carolina man spends over 5 years in Thailand prisons, shares journey of survival, redemption

capture-jpg-1578161249.jpg

Jesse Moskel SOURCE: WIS

Jesse Moskel faced the death penalty for one drug charge and a life sentence for another in Thai prison

One Columbia man embarked on a trip to Thailand in 2007 after teaching English in South Korea for a year and ended up behind bars.

Jesse Moskel, who now owns a public relations firm in the Columbia area, faced the death penalty for one drug charge and a life sentence for another in Thai prison. After five years and time in five different prisons across that country, he came home to the U.S.

Moskel said he was sitting in a jail cell in 2008, crammed in with dozens of others. He had just been arrested and had no way to call loved ones or even a translator to explain his sheet of charges. That is, until he found another prisoner who spoke English, who delivered some devastating news.

Full story: https://www.wyff4.com/article/carolina-man-spends-over-5-years-in-thailand-prisons-shares-journey-of-survival-redemption/30398123

WYFF News 4: 2020-01-05

• Like 1

Yeah, i knew an ex-copper in one of my previous incarnations (jobs), he said they didn't like bringing in reformed addicts to talk to schoolkids as they tended to be religious fanatics. That 6:1 ratio is a pretty good deal, us Brits should be so lucky.

• Like 1

But he said instead of turning towards illegal activity like many of his fellow prisoners, he turned to God and books

And you can probably add crusading against plastic bags to that list. Fanatic for one thing, fanatic for all things.

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Halleluja, another missionary is all we need in this world, especially one that comes back to Thailand and converts. Bet he won't make any money off of it.

Wow you are a real negative person!!!! 

17 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Sounds as if you are a missionary from your inane post to me. Weak people are like that

I dont know dude, missionaries are pretty tough, like how would you like being flayed alive by howling Iroquios?

9 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I dont know dude, missionaries are pretty tough, like how would you like being flayed alive by howling Iroquios?

Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me. About as much as being headhunted. Well besides the companies that already do.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me. About as much as being headhunted. Well besides the companies that already do.

Im not talking about Jesus, Im talking about faith. 

Faith makes folks strong. You can have faith in anyhting you want, but folks without faith just aint as strong as those who got it.

• Sad 1

10 to 1 this guys a born again Pentecostalism. Mad the whole lot of em’ 

Mass hypnosis and hysteria is the way they congregate and brainwash each other.

Go take a listen to the perverse stuff they teach and offer to those who join their ranks: righteousness beyond all other people, select privilege and arrogance beyond belief because you have a direct communication line with Jesus, rationalising said righteous privilege to rip others off in business while at the same time patronising non Pentecostals because they’re not saved and therefore ignorant and blinded because your church tells you you have a right to riches because your one with god. Make no mistake this form of Christianity is plain evil, a cult that stretches across the globe and has the ear of some of the worlds most powerful politicians.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Im not talking about Jesus, Im talking about faith. 

Faith makes folks strong. You can have faith in anyhting you want, but folks without faith just aint as strong as those who got it.

Yes I have faith but not with any organized God religions and it’s in and on my own terms. I prefer temples and to think of God as I see him if that is close to what you are thinking. Also think of my passed away mom and dad for strength. Faith is the infinity force? Faith is something of good that keeps you going? Something to live for? But guys like this are sort of off the edge and then go too far into the god card thus trying to convert everyone as he said he did in THAI jail and would again as you can think to all. He is nothing more than it looks as to be a Newly born god scammer who got lucky to have his life back. I would think I am more holy and real than him. One thing I currently do not have faith in is an immigration policy that will get better for us here. Enough blabbered.  

5 hours ago, saakura said:

Look at the good side. At least he reformed himself using religion as a crutch. Better than turning into a hardened criminal after so many years inside.

Depends. If he starts a cult many more lives will be spoilt. Religions are poisonous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1