Chiang Mai Immigration Q & A - Info and reports. (2020)

JimmyJ

On 1/18/2021 at 1:21 PM, Peter Denis said:

Your on-line submitted 90-day report is approved only when you are able to access on the site the 'Receipt of Notification' which contains your 'next appointment' date.

On 1/18/2021 at 5:00 PM, Peter Denis said:

And it took 1 more day (without any e-mail notification) before the status of that document was changed to 'approved' and that my Notification Receipt - with the new 'next appointment date' - was available for download.

My email approval reply and the Approved one on the immigrations extranet site after entering the Transaction Reference Number do not indicate the next appointment date. Easy enough to calculate, but I'm wondering where you got yours from.
Can you please post a link to the location you get this from?  Appreciated.

36 minutes ago, Nowisee said:

My email approval reply and the Approved one on the immigrations extranet site after entering the Transaction Reference Number do not indicate the next appointment date. Easy enough to calculate, but I'm wondering where you got yours from.
Can you please post a link to the location you get this from?  Appreciated.

Bottom of the "approval" page.

Application (PRINT)

The Next Appointment (PRINT)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried to do my online 90 days report today but it failed 'Please report to nearest center'. Does anyone have the same problem.

I never had any problems in the past few years doing online reporting.

6 hours ago, EricTh said:

I tried to do my online 90 days report today but it failed 'Please report to nearest center'. Does anyone have the same problem.

I never had any problems in the past few years doing online reporting.

I did ours yesterday - I got the same message as you when I tried to do it on Tuesday; I miscalculated and was 16 days before the due date, yesterday it was 15 days and accepted and approved within an hour.  You may have done the same, or entered something incorrectly.  If you don't get to the 2nd page where you put your address, you get the 'report to nearest centre' message, just means the system doesn't like something you've done. 

Over time, I have found that even though my browser (Chrome) saves what I have entered previously and gives me a dropdown list to choose what goes in the field, it won't work.  Each field has to be filled in manually, and the one I got stuck on the second time I did it was choosing the date of entry to Thailand from the dropdown list or entering it manually.  The date has to be picked from the calendar or it won't work. I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to figure that one out.

Suggest trying again tomorrow or Monday.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Konini said:

I did ours yesterday - I got the same message as you when I tried to do it on Tuesday; I miscalculated and was 16 days before the due date, yesterday it was 15 days and accepted and approved within an hour.  You may have done the same, or entered something incorrectly.  If you don't get to the 2nd page where you put your address, you get the 'report to nearest centre' message, just means the system doesn't like something you've done. 

Over time, I have found that even though my browser (Chrome) saves what I have entered previously and gives me a dropdown list to choose what goes in the field, it won't work.  Each field has to be filled in manually, and the one I got stuck on the second time I did it was choosing the date of entry to Thailand from the dropdown list or entering it manually.  The date has to be picked from the calendar or it won't work. I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to figure that one out.

Suggest trying again tomorrow or Monday.

My due date is 30 Jan so could it be at least x days before due date?

I suspect it could be the change of passport number because I got a new passport recently. I typed both the new and old passport numbers but I still couldn't go through.

I have done the procedures many times over the past few years so I am aware of all the possible entry errors. Anyway, I have to make a physical trip there to sort this out.

Edited by EricTh

28 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I suspect it could be the change of passport number because I got a new passport recently. I typed both the new and old passport numbers but I still couldn't go through.

I have done the procedures many times over the past few years so I am aware of all the possible entry errors. Anyway, I have to make a physical trip there to sort this out.

No, when doing your 90-day report on-line the application window is from 14 days before till actual due date, so that cannot be the problem.

When you cannot get through today or tomorrow (your due date), you would need to do the 90-day report in person at your local IO.  This can be done from 14 days before till 6 days after due date, so you have sufficient time to pick a convenient date for you to do it in person when on-line application is not working for you.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Too close to due date, must be at least 7 days before and not more than 15 days before. Less than 7 days before you are rejected by the website.  Old rule. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

when doing your 90-day report on-line the application window is from 14 days before till actual due date,

Please provide a source for that, it used to be that the window closed 7 days before the due date.

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

90-day on-line reporting window.png

I went to immigration office this morning. I asked many people including the many volunteers (Filipino etc), the 90 day staff, the TM30 staff. 

NOBODY could explain to me why my online application was rejected. This goes to show the type of messy (poor communication) system that they have.

Then I saw a thick 90 day online reporting manual posted on the bulletin board near the entrance. It stated that it has to be within 15 to 7 days BEFORE due date. i.e. not less than 7 days before due date...

I think this was the reason, I usually report 14 days before due date in the past and never had a problem. 

The volunteer even told me that many people had difficulty doing online 90 days report without being given the real reason during the past 2 weeks.

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

I went to immigration office this morning. I asked many people including the many volunteers (Filipino etc), the 90 day staff, the TM30 staff. 

NOBODY could explain to me why my online application was rejected. This goes to show the type of messy (poor communication) system that they have.

Then I saw a thick 90 day online reporting manual posted on the bulletin board near the entrance. It stated that it has to be within 15 to 7 days BEFORE due date. i.e. not less than 7 days before due date...

I think this was the reason, I usually report 14 days before due date in the past and never had a problem. 

The volunteer even told me that many people had difficulty doing online 90 days report without being given the real reason during the past 2 weeks.

That 90 day online reporting manual dated from before the on-line 90-day reporting window was expanded from within 15 days to actual due due date (see the graph I posted).  Immigration did not update that manual, but the 90-day reporting window was indeed expanded.  There were many reports of people that did it during the final days, and I can personally testify that I did my two last on-line 90-day reports respectively 3 and 6 days before due date and it worked fine.

11 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

That 90 day online reporting manual dated from before the on-line 90-day reporting window was expanded from within 15 days to actual due due date (see the graph I posted).  Immigration did not update that manual, but the 90-day reporting window was indeed expanded.  There were many reports of people that did it during the final days, and I can personally testify that I did my two last on-line 90-day reports respectively 3 and 6 days before due date and it worked fine.

Then my online application rejection is still a mystery that will never be solved.... 

Anyway, I had no problem when the staff did it for me at the 90 days 'drive-thru' this morning.

Whoever programmed that online application should be fired for not showing specific detailed message.  Same goes for those officers at immigration who don't bother to give us the latest manual or give explanations.

Edited by EricTh

55 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Whoever programmed that online application should be fired for not showing specific detailed message.  Same goes for those officers at immigration who don't bother to give us the latest manual or give explanations.

Sorry, I meant 'replaced' with more capable people. Not fired.

22 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

Is Promenada processing 90 day reports - simple yes or no please. Thanks

I asked because in trying to process my 90 days reporting on line the dreaded “report to IMM “ popped up. Don’t understand why as I last entered Thailand in April 2020 and have been able to do online reporting the last 2 times without any problems 

1 hour ago, jeffandgop said:

I asked because in trying to process my 90 days reporting on line the dreaded “report to IMM “ popped up. Don’t understand why as I last entered Thailand in April 2020 and have been able to do online reporting the last 2 times without any problems 

submitted online yesterday, received email of acceptance thismorning

it there is a drop down menu use it

Edited by Dante99

10 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

I got that message because I tried to do it a day too early.  Suggest trying again tomorrow if you're aiming for 15 days in advance.

14 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

Same problem with me. I never had any problems before.

10 hours ago, Konini said:

I got that message because I tried to do it a day too early.  Suggest trying again tomorrow if you're aiming for 15 days in advance.

Started the online day 10 days before renewal date...won't work after 3 straight days of trying.  

What a joy to visit these days.

You can find a parking spot.

The staff is smiling and helpful because they are not inundated by foreigners in sandals, cargo shorts and wife beaters who do not bring all the necessary paperwork.

No lineups, ...

Long may it Reign

22 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

Same problem with me. I never had any problems before.

90% of the rejections while others are successful are due to incorrect data input.  So try a new approach, stop blaming the system, figure out how to make it work, stop telling yourself you are doing it right and doing the same thing over and over and over, look for where you can do it differently and test.  10 to 1 you have been making an input error.

vpn off?