Chiang Mai Immigration Q & A - Info and reports. (2020)

JimmyJ

Submitted my 90 day report Online today,in the past it has not worked as i have

a new passport,but very pleased to report they approved it by 3.00,I had all my

papers ready to do a mail in,just in case,that also has been working very well in

the past.

Why anyone goes in person to report is unbelievable to me, so now only one visit

to immigration a year, now if only they would get around to doing extensions online .????

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Submitted my 90 day report Online today,in the past it has not worked as i have

a new passport,but very pleased to report they approved it by 3.00,I had all my

papers ready to do a mail in,just in case,that also has been working very well in

the past.

Why anyone goes in person to report is unbelievable to me, so now only one visit

to immigration a year, now if only they would get around to doing extensions online .????

regards worgeordie

Did find the "drive" in very efficient for me and er indoors last time, mainly as a test option. Not been able to do online for er indoors.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, ProbPossConf said:

Remember you have to show a transaction on the day you apply for your extension and your passbook copy/printout must show the transaction.

I keep seeing that on this forum and have never quite understood the necessity? For Bangkok Bank at least, sticking your passbook in the machine will just bring forward the existing balance, with today's date. Doing a transaction will change the balance to something different than the one on the letter you got from the bank 7 days prior. And those numbers are supposed to match, no?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ProbPossConf said:

Remember you have to show a transaction on the day you apply for your extension and your passbook copy/printout must show the transaction.

Not required when I got my retirenent one year extension of stay last month.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Would appear that Immigration will shortly open a new office on 2nd floor of Promenada, next door to Bangkok Bank. Anyone know what functions will be processed there in due course?

Edited by Pesky

On 7/15/2020 at 4:20 PM, Mapguy said:

Update on 90-day drive-In report this afternoon (15JUL).  No problem with multiple (family) late reports within the COVID-19 exemption guidelines.  Very quick service.  No waiting.

Did not park or enter the building, of course, but judging from parking area would guess the office was busy.

Strongly recommend attending SOON to any general business not involving special extensions expiring 31 July.

I guess the "drive-in", which is a great service,will cease now that 90 days is going back to Promenada?

21 minutes ago, Thailand said:

I guess the "drive-in", which is a great service,will cease now that 90 days is going back to Promenada?

The new Promenada location opens 23 July.  Yes, I suppose the drive-in would close, BUT if anyone reading this should use the drive-in before and read this, I hope they will ask and report. I neglected to do so.

Would be too bad, of course, since it has apparently worked out quite well.  I have used it twice with basically no delay.  After having set it up, why close it if it works well?

I recall comments about the last days of the 2d Flr Promenada Office not so long ago before it last closed that it was crowded. My earlier TM30 trips there were really annoying.

Edited by Mapguy

• 2 weeks later...

Used the 'Airport' Immigration drive-through this morning for 90 day report. Still working, though this time they asked for the completed TM 47 form too (but no photocopies) and there was a bit of a queue (including some pedestrians who presumably didn't want to relocate to Promenada) so it took almost 30 minutes - the car queue was about 10 vehicles long at first. I asked if I'd need to go to Promenada next time and was told no need - two offices. (Though I think the non-drive-through 90 day office there is no more; hence the pedestrians in the drive-through queue.)

For me it's quicker than the PO and I never got the online service to work, so quicker than that too!

Oh, and the sign suggests an extra drive-through service too. Was that available before? 

Choke dee, na!

IMG_5128.JPG

Edited by CMMCB
added info and photo

I was at Imm. on the 2nd to change my 1yr. extension from retirement to marriage which went ok as I was given the 30 day under review stamp in passport which told me to return on the 24th which I did only to be told that my application was still under review as it was when I returned to Imm. yesterday the 30th! What can a person do? My 1yr. ext. expired yesterday and the under review stamp expired on the 24th am I on overstay? Does one need to return to Imm. day in and day out to find ones status?

7 hours ago, cnxgary said:

I was at Imm. on the 2nd to change my 1yr. extension from retirement to marriage which went ok as I was given the 30 day under review stamp in passport which told me to return on the 24th which I did only to be told that my application was still under review as it was when I returned to Imm. yesterday the 30th! What can a person do? My 1yr. ext. expired yesterday and the under review stamp expired on the 24th am I on overstay? Does one need to return to Imm. day in and day out to find ones status?

I did my extension of stay based on marriage June 10 and my current extension expired July 3.  I went back on July 31 as directed  after my 30 day under consideration was over but was told to come back again August 5 because they were behind on approvals.  The lady in front of me was told the same thing.  

Edited by GregTN

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 1:28 PM, FredLee said:

my current extension was set to expire on 08 Sep. My new extension is until 26 Sep 2021. I was told by her that the extra days were because of the covid extensions.

My current retirement extension is set to expire on 12 Sep....

..... and thus I renewed my retirement extension today, using my 3000bt agent, who'd submitted the paperwork to Imm yesterday. Thus, we waltzed into Imm, headed to the right, thru a door to a "Staff Only" office. Surprisingly, there were more folks with their agents waiting here than out front, where only about 10% of the first row of seats were taken (this 1:30PM Wed). Nevertheless, five minutes later, I was called, had my photo taken, then had my newly stamped passport handed to me. Never ever reviewed any paperwork, nor signed anything there -- this having been handled the day before in the agent's office.

Now, unlike FredLee, who apparently has a Non Imm O visa from which his extensions emanate -- my original visa is OA, thus I needed to get the LMG insurance policy. The policy's dates are: Begin 12 Sep 2020, expire 12 Sep 2021. Since policies begin at 1600, this allows full coverage of my new extension period of 13 Sep 2020 thru 12 Sep 2021.

But, again unlike FredLee, my extension was dependent on the insurance dates, thus it begins 13 Sep, not 26 Sep; and from other threads, 26 Sep seems to be the starting date for many and most extension renewals taking place in Aug and Sep -- unless something like insurance coverage precludes it, e.g., my situation.

So, next year I can go to renew on 30 July -- 45 days before expiration -- thanks to the onerous requirement for Thai insurance. For FredLee, and many others with 26 Sep 2021 expiration dates, thanx to the amnesty, there just may be a mass queue beginning 14 Aug, i.e., 45 days ahead of expiration date. Just a slight serendipity for me, having to purchase that crummy insurance.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Additonal information:-

We had printed out all the forms (filled in on the computer) in pdf and signed each one in blue ink

Submitted a photo, blue background

Signed all documents in blue ink prior to going to IMM

Supplied bank standard letter and statement updated today 21/09/20

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HullyGully said:

Below is the link for the Appointment Form

https://cmimm.net/send-contact/

You can make an appointment 45 days from your expiry date

You fill out the form send it to IMM, they get back to you by email, I guess if the time and date does not suit you, then you reply asking for a new date and time

I had made an appointment for retirement ext. and was given  Monday morning, but having been to the bank for letters Friday decided to try my luck. Arrived 2.45 , out 3.15 , quickest in 15 years !

FYI had applied for apt. in August, 45 days before my expiry on 28/9, but was given an apt. 7 days before due to expire.  

Edited by cnxnicho
update

20 hours ago, HullyGully said:

That was the same as me

I applied for an appointment 45 days before, given an appointment 7 days before expiry date 21/09/20

Many thks for your kind help, when the appointment form is submitted,how long did u wait for date, and appiontment time ?