Beware cheap door locks - Got locked in the lav.

Crossy

I woke up in the night bursting for a leak. The bloody bedroom doorlock would not work, desperate i had to hang out the window. Not bragging, but the prickly bushes one foot down had me worried.  ????

Edited by Huckenfell

52 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

90% of the time you can lift the lid off the tank and use the lever attached to the ballcock valve but hey, to each their own. ????

Our ballcock is not linked to the bathroom door.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Please explain how that would have solved the issue in the OP?

Hollered to Madam, finally got her to pass me a knife through the window (downstairs lav) and managed to wriggle the tongue open and make good my escape.

Thats why you need a knife in your pocket? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

Thats why you need a knife in your pocket? 

Yeah, that probably would have worked, unfortunately my keys usually live with my wallet and phone, sat on the dining table.

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I do like the gadget, it seems pretty handy. I just saw the youtube video promoting it.

The price quoted was $6-$10.

Is it available in Thailand would you know?

Here's a thought.  Maybe add a few more gadgets, like screwdrivers, cork screw, scissors, hmm what else?  I think that would make a great product.????

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

Here's a thought.  Maybe add a few more gadgets, like screwdrivers, cork screw, scissors, hmm what else?  I think that would make a great product.????

Don't forget the device for getting boy-scouts out of horse's hooves.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

Ha ha, yes.

The point is that Utili-key is small enough to put on your key chain as it's the same size as an ordinary key, rather than a larger Swiss Army Knife.

After reading all the harrowing experiences on here of posters stuck in their loo I made a quick dash to Global House for supplies.

Took quite a bit of drilling and sawing but eventually I’m finished and quite happy with the results.

06F6FFE7-837C-4A27-B611-417915F6AAD2.jpeg.0e5fd48ea14988227abc6ce20b1ecb1b.jpeg

Put one in each bathroom so now I’m safe ............................... phew !!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Whoa! You've got an indusrial Elsan?

The Elsan comment reminds me of when my parents decided to buy a caravan and joined the local Caravan Club.

As a quite rebellious youngster I wasn’t allowed to stay at home and had to accompany them sitting in some field most weekends !!

To add insult to injury it was my job to empty the chemical toilet too ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I do like the gadget, it seems pretty handy. I just saw the youtube video promoting it.

The price quoted was $6-$10.

Is it available in Thailand would you know?

I got mine in Indonesia in a HomePro type place but my mate has one , I'll ask.

I paid $12 if my memory serves.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2020 at 4:11 PM, Crossy said:

Not a bathroom, but a tragic outcome nonetheless.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/naked-woman-dies-trying-to-escape-closet-from-hell/

I had the same with my bedroom door when I was in the living space …. blocked , key turns but nothing else moved …. lucky I have the habit after going out and coming in from example shopping to change trousers and hang them on the terrace , as others I would be in my underwear to go for help ….

Even when I dressed and look for help (as my tools are in such a plastic big container in the bedroom ) , the helping hand guy from condo office could not dismantle the lock , just needed to break  the door by bouncing in , lucky minor damage ….

But really suppose someone has this problem in a toilet, and living alone ….So best keep a cheap burner phone that place stored !

Edited by david555

21 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I got mine in Indonesia in a HomePro type place but my mate has one , I'll ask.

I paid $12 if my memory serves.

Sadly my mate says he bought his in the US. He works for a US company and goes there ocasionaly. 

Made by Swiss+tech they have many.

Edited by VocalNeal