Retirement visa renewal at Jomtien

8 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's just been made a whole lot easier. A scroll up arrow has just appeared at the bottom right corner of the screen.

Yes but then your back to the bottom. What's that Beatles song ...go up to the top then down to bottom..helter skelter.

17 hours ago, smedly said:

The bank book update is done at the same desk as you got your extension not the 90 day desk, when you got your extension you will have also been given a sheet of paper with instructions and a date on it of when to return with bank book

I had the understanding that the 800k had to stay in bank at least 90 days after annual renewal. My foggy mind connected dots along with rich goulash of other posts, silly western logic, etc... and decided that meant they would check bank book at first 90 day check in. Silly rabbit me.

20 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Which makes it consistent with the income method and past procedure, the next year’s extension is given on the previous year’s performance. 

Not if you still get an income letter from an embassy/consulate. And the "performance", as you call it, this year, for foreigners from the UK,US or Australia, is all about 12 (not less) >65k monthly deposits from abroad. The requirements wasn't the same last year. 

4 hours ago, Emdog said:

I had the understanding that the 800k had to stay in bank at least 90 days after annual renewal. My foggy mind connected dots along with rich goulash of other posts, silly western logic, etc... and decided that meant they would check bank book at first 90 day check in. Silly rabbit me.

They want 2 copies from your bank book,and 2 copies from your passport,signed at the bottom 90 days after your last extension. Just once. It has nothing to do with the 90 days report. 

On 1/6/2020 at 10:14 PM, Jingthing said:

Wow. 

I've never needed to give them any kind of map. 

Do you own or rent? 

likewise--i just did my renewal at jomtien 5 weeks ago...

i own condo, so supplied copy of green book..no maps or photos of condo required...

No wonder expats are so confused about the 'ever changing' visa requirements..

it seems like there can never be a 'set in concrete' ruling with immigration people.

they do exactly as they feel like..

disgraceful way to operate a govt department..

they would make their jobs so much easier---IF THEY STICK WITH THE RULES..

2 hours ago, murraynz said:

i own condo, so supplied copy of green book.

Excellent! That was your motorbike book.

2 hours ago, murraynz said:

it seems like there can never be a 'set in concrete' ruling with immigration people.

Indeed. Anything's worth a try.

4 hours ago, murraynz said:

likewise--i just did my renewal at jomtien 5 weeks ago...

i own condo, so supplied copy of green book..no maps or photos of condo required...

No wonder expats are so confused about the 'ever changing' visa requirements..

they do exactly as they feel like..

disgraceful way to operate a govt department..

they would make their jobs so much easier---IF THEY STICK WITH THE RULES..

I know for sure that some of the persons you give the documents to, at desk 8, actually outside desk 8 at Jomtien Immigration are not officers. A few of them has been working there a while and knows what they're doing and they are fast. Eventually a newbie must start working there,right? What if the OP got one of those and don't forget it's high season now with much more applicants than rest of the year. I have also never been asked for a map. I'm doing my extensions in May and there's not many people at immigration when opening after lunch, 1pm. 

Edited by Max69xl

On 1/9/2020 at 1:08 PM, Max69xl said:

They want 2 copies from your bank book,and 2 copies from your passport,signed at the bottom 90 days after your last extension. Just once. It has nothing to do with the 90 days report. 

This was my first 90 day check in after my retirement visa extension. Am I supposed to go in for sole purpose of delivering them that paperwork? Which counter handles that? I imagine I'd get a head shake & thought bubble "This farang is nuts"

39 minutes ago, Emdog said:

This was my first 90 day check in after my retirement visa extension. Am I supposed to go in for sole purpose of delivering them that paperwork? Which counter handles that? I imagine I'd get a head shake & thought bubble "This farang is nuts"

Yes, you just get the copies I mentioned outside immigration. 4 copies = 20 baht, signed by yourself at the bottom in blue ink. Then walk straight to Desk 8 (no number tag needed) to the girl sitting behind the desk and give her the papers. That's all.