Cannot stay if you have a pre-existing medical condition. True, or false.

1 minute ago, Swiss1960 said:

false on so many levels

- first, not everybody needs health insurance, only people with OA Visa

- second, the health insurance might exclude pre-existing conditions (as does mine), but still I have insurance 

therefore, once again false rumours by people who probably want to scam others

Retirement is Non-O therefore has anything changed in regards to insurance? 

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Maestro said:

It simply means that if you incur medical expenses for this pre-existing condition, you have to pay it out of your pocket.

A notable exception to this is that many people have excellent insurance coverage from companies not on the accepted list (my main gripe with this system).

In which case you would claim on your existing insurance and consider the worthless Thai policy to be just that - garbage. Garbage that you pay for if you for some reason decide to use the O-A visa method instead of the O visa method which requires no insurance...

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Maestro said:

@AdamTheFarang

The fact that when an insurance is required and you have a pre-existing condition and the policy you buy from one of the listed companies does not cover this condition and you have no other insurance cover for this condition does not mean that you have to leave Thailand.

It simply means that if you incur medical expenses for this pre-existing condition, you have to pay it out of your pocket.

Thank you, this is really great that you gave this answer. I have been very uncertain before how this works. But if it is like to claim above than all good....

So I can purchase a policy from the garbage-insurance thai ones on the "list", they will exclude all previous conditions I got, end they will offer me this 40 + 400.000 baht to a very reduced cost of course, and I will be very happy.... This is what you say??? Well, maybe the reduced part was too optimistic I guess....??

glegolo

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Langsuan Man said:

This is what bribery looks like if it is official, since that is all the insurance really is, a gratuity via the Cabinet-Immigration-Police  cabal 

hahahaha, yeah you may be correct, like the beach boys sang; "Good only knows"

glegolo

• Haha 1

For the time being

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

There is no requirement for insurance on the 'O' visa which is very different and does require money in the bank....

just a for the yearly extension of an OA visa.

This a great video. I am amazed that the general reaction to the current situation is to dig one's head into the sand.

Edited by Momofarang

37 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

This is just shoring up the loophole, i.e. if you have a non O, then you are now required to have mandatory insurance before you depart your country, and it must be with a Thai health insurance company, which they can verify, unless it is one on the list that fits the criteria, like I said, they are shoring up the loophole, call me mad, I don't mind, but I like to think outside the square.

Correction non O/A, too late to edit the above.

15 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Sorry for the misquote of Beach Boys, it should read of course "God only knows"..

But regarding your post, I think that some people actually have this disorder, and it is so usual that it has become a normal "order", at least for me.

I do not want to say that this is the optimal life then I would be lying, but as we all do, we compare, and in my case I compare to my life that is being offered to me in Sweden, and then my answer to you would be, that it takes a REAL disorder to choose that life again...

I am happy here and the only remaining wish I have is that when I going I will be going fast and not ending up like a cucumber here in Isaan, but besides that, life is great my friend.... Maybe you just have a caputt approach to it???

glegolo

Sorry glegolo...

No pun intended on my previous post because I did not want to quote you.

My mistake.

Edited by lazygourmet
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I use my top level private health cover in Australia for six-monthly medical checks.

Thanks.

I didn't know you could get an Ozzie insurer, insure you here if you were out the country for x amount of months, or were no longer a resident for tax purposes, is there one I missed ?

13 hours ago, Maestro said:

@AdamTheFarang

The fact that when an insurance is required and you have a pre-existing condition and the policy you buy from one of the listed companies does not cover this condition and you have no other insurance cover for this condition does not mean that you have to leave Thailand.

You may not stay in retirement on an “O-A” Visa without the medical insurance from one of the approved insurance companies (I speak only of Chiang Mai Royal Thai Immigration).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1