Transport department to crack down on ‘illegal modification’ of vehicle lights

webfact

But when your windshield is tinted so dark, you need monster lights just to see.  

My night time visibility improved by leaps and bounds after I scraped the dark film off my windshield.  But then I really  oticed how obnoxious some of the oncoming headlights were.

• Like 2

La La Ha ha next issue. Never happen The crackdown will only last for about a week. Thais will still be driving defective vechiles. No lights, Noisey mufflers. No taillights, baldy tyres, Faulty brakes (big killer here) Just recently taken over by microsleep No mirrors, ( Only good for putting make-up on anyway ) No indicator lights,  No seatbelts fitted Really just the standard cars they are driving on Thai roads I just thought of  afunny  If they pulled up a pick-up with about 10 people sitting in the back for inspection would they make the people get out while they do the inspection and let them back on after they finished ( Even though there is  a law that say nobody must be sitting in the back of pIck-Ups) Just a question

Hows about we also have a crackdown on people who spray white paint on their license plates so the speed camera's can't read the plate, drivers claim the black paint on the numbers simply wore off exposing the white paint underneath, apparently it's a quality issue when they are made, allegedly.

4 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Hundreds of speeding tickets is hardly something to be proud of.

What gives you the impression Iam proud ?

FWIW thats only the ones that arrive in the mail, the on the spot ones I pay.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

Perhaps drivers should be familiar with the use of the dip switch, how to use a roundabout and how to join a main road from a side road. Years ago there was a ban on blacked out car windows so now we have mirror widows. curtains across the lower half of lorry and bus windscreens, bunches of ecclesiastical nick- knacks hanging from all vehicle rear view mirrors and  five years worth of road tax stickers cutting out the driver's field of vision  What would be nice to see is the police themselves obeying the rules . 

1 hour ago, cerox said:

I like those motorbikes when they take of both mirrors. So cool 5555

Yes because of that i nearly hit three girls on one scoopy yesterday.

They just swirved out in front of me and i just missed them.

Three fat girls around 16 years of age and in school uniform.

The poor bike was surely over loaded and did not handle to well.

No mirrors,no helmets and no brains for sure,let alone license and insurance because of that.

I braked hard and hit the horn,if looks could kill i would be dead now.

They are familiar how to join a main road.

It is just different from where you drove before.

You have to adapt your driving style. Whenever you see someone near a side road you should know, that most of them will just join the main road without checking traffic.

I also like those EU/European license plates on cars, although I havent seen one in a while. Must be so cool to show your car is "registered" in Europe. I wonder if those plates are legal 555

Maybe those without mirrors on the motorbike do it for convenience and not for coolness. When you park your bike, you do not always have to adapt your mirrors because someone touched them when parking in/out. Also most people do not need mirrors so how would you notice they are missing 555

It would help if a large number of Thai drivers would learn that indicator lights are for indicating the direction of a turn or pull-over, and putting on flashing hazard warning lights does not mean 'I am going straight ahead'.

Way too many drivers just don't bother indicating at all when turning. Often, the first clue you get that a vehicle is turning is when the rascal slows down to 10km/h; stopping is generally only evident when a vehicle double-parks or just stops - my daughter believes they just stop when their pickup is getting old and they want you to to pay for a new one after you rear-end them - I think she's probably right too.

But that's what no learning process gets you I suppose. The ubiquitous 'geng mak' description really only means the driver knows which are the go and stop pedals, probably has no licence, never took any kind of lesson and is probably several years too young to drive. Any kind of roadcraft is usually absent. (Do you know what double yellow lines mens? Yep, it means the painters were too lazy to rub out the first one before repainting).

Bless 'em...

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, cerox said:

I like those motorbikes when they take of both mirrors. So cool 5555

Yep, a real fashion statement. Like 2 lads on bikes where the outside clod rests his foot on the inside clod's bike to show they're BFF.

Or rear-ending each other. One of the two...

12 hours ago, ParkerN said:

It would help if a large number of Thai drivers would learn that indicator lights are for indicating the direction of a turn or pull-over, and putting on flashing hazard warning lights does not mean 'I am going straight ahead'.

Way too many drivers just don't bother indicating at all when turning. Often, the first clue you get that a vehicle is turning is when the rascal slows down to 10km/h; stopping is generally only evident when a vehicle double-parks or just stops - my daughter believes they just stop when their pickup is getting old and they want you to to pay for a new one after you rear-end them - I think she's probably right too.

But that's what no learning process gets you I suppose. The ubiquitous 'geng mak' description really only means the driver knows which are the go and stop pedals, probably has no licence, never took any kind of lesson and is probably several years too young to drive. Any kind of roadcraft is usually absent. (Do you know what double yellow lines mens? Yep, it means the painters were too lazy to rub out the first one before repainting).

Bless 'em...

They don't want to use up all their "blinker fluid".

• Haha 1

When 99% of owners are stuck driving bog standard japanese sallons ( only expensive because of the tax ) it's just a shout about being an individual. Mis-guided maybe but just todays version of the 60's/70's uk <deleted> cars, BL Ford Vauxhall etc with a stripe on the bonnet or a number 7 on the door or a mini with 6 spotlights ( MonteCarlo style )

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

When 99% of owners are stuck driving bog standard japanese sallons ( only expensive because of the tax )

I very rarely see an imported japanese saloon (I assume sallon = saloon), do you see many ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I very rarely see an imported japanese saloon (I assume sallon = saloon), do you see many ?

It's called 'fat finger typing' 

????????

Let's go for Sedan !!!!

an00518596_001_l.jpg

Maybe I was thinking about this car. Known in UK as a hairdressers porsche

280px-1981_Porsche_924_2.0_Front.jpg

Edited by overherebc

On 1/10/2020 at 7:33 AM, bluejets said:

"Indicator lights must be bright yellow and capable of blinking; they must be installed in pairs at the front and 2-4 lights at the back."

So the following factory issue is illegal..??

Side Blinker.jpg

Why would you think that those OEM lights are illegal, they flash and they're yellow/amber, aren't they?  And the car also has indicators at the front, yes?

Edited by Just Weird

49 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Why would you think that those OEM lights are illegal, they flash and they're yellow/amber, aren't they?  And the car also has indicators at the front, yes?

Well, if your photo is showing that is the one and only indicator light on the vehicle then soomats oop init.