UK Pensions and related info

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

My answer would be "no, it is not worth it".

I have only ever seen one instance of DWP continuing to pay state pension more than one month after death. My assumption has been that there is linkage between the British embassy/UKPO/DWP.

I would be interested to hear of any widow who is still accessing the state pension of a long-dead husband.

I do, they kept paying a friends pension, his widow used it. She got a letter, written very nicely, I can't remember what it was in pounds, but at the time it worked out to 130,000bht, just asking for the over payment back.

She was going to borrow the money, I said bring the letter to me, which she did, and after some research it was deduced that it was pension's mistake, nothing to do with her, that was about a year back, never paid it.  ????

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 12:57 PM, theoldgit said:

Can we draw an end to this bickering now please.

The rules are quite clear in respect of the State Pension, if you reside in the UK, or a few other countries, your State Pension will be uplifted annually.

If you live in Thailand, and numerous other countries, you don't get any increases.

It is your responsibility to keep the DWP advised of your current residential address.

If you decide to lie, then that's up you, you may get caught, in all probability you won't, I know of two that were.

Whilst my personal integrity wouldn't allow me to lie by not updating the DWP with my address details to receive the increases, I wouldn't criticise those whose integrity differs from mine.

I think we all agree the system is very wrong.

Totally agree, and I know folk who were caught out too...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Excel said:

Why ? none of your business what others receive so suggest minding your own business.

I never wrote that, sunbeam...........????   

0 out of 10......????

Please try harder........????

Edited by transam

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I never wrote that, sunbeam...........????   

0 out of 10......????

really ? Very strange. After your comment I checked and I highlighted from hotandsticky, ,used quote, then pasted in my reply quote and it pastes as your quote ! How is that ? Are you two the same people ?

Edited by Excel
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Excel said:

really ? Very strange. After your comment I checked and I highlighted from hotandsticky, ,used quote, then pasted in my reply quote and it pastes as your quote ! How is that ? Are you two the same people ?

No, you just need more practice..????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

That reads like you are having bum burps...........????

But I did ask a question, is the form I attached the same as the previous form...Anybody.....?

I just found a copy of an old Life Certificate, the new one has a slightly different layout, but the wording is much the same...????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Hmmmm.......that means that - on occasions - I would be arguing against myself.

Now, I am not clever enough to do that  -  I cannot speak for Transam! ????

• Haha 2

On 7/31/2022 at 1:20 PM, Madgee said:

I never said they have, I said they can.

Benefit fraud - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Please post me a link to say they can't. 

This really does go around in a never ending circle!

I'm due my full UK state pension in 2 years time and I'll not disclose that I live in Thailand. Am I committing fraud? Yes.

Will I still sleep soundly at night? Yes

Attempting to link this post with State Pension is inaccurate   State Pension is a stand alone benefit,rules/regulations that are .gov.uk benefit fraud do not apply,a disqualifying benefit  

4 hours ago, jonbeen said:

I sincerely apologise,yes twice already,you definitely are in receipt of life form,but as it states ,its a Life Form,nothing else

on a personnel level,do you think its worth it?   I mean the hassle of receiving it it,filing it in,getting witnesses,getting it back in time in case of suspension?

Its got to be nigh on worthless,not many fivers to give that backside of yours a good wipe after a dump.   Be a man tell em to stuff it,not worth the effort

Receiving it and filling in does not take long. The best witnesses I have found are the doctors at the local hospital.

IIRC a couple of years ago it was 200 baht.

Again going on my ageing memory, I scanned it into my pc and I think I sent a copy off by email and posted the original. There is a 3 month window to do it in.

Do I have a problem doing it? No.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, transam said:

Totally agree, and I know folk who were caught out too...

If you know " folk who were caught out too",perhaps you could kindly furnish details This indeed would be more than a refreshing development,it would surely put the technical authors there at DWP HQ to shame.  A feather in your cap somewhat

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jonbeen said:

If you know " folk who were caught out too",perhaps you could kindly furnish details This indeed would be more than a refreshing development,it would surely put the technical authors there at DWP HQ to shame.  A feather in your cap somewhat

As you well know, any info I had are posted way back in this thread, you could go back for a refresher....????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

As you well know, any info I had are posted way back in this thread, you could go back for a refresher....????

This is hardly the reply I was expecting,it tells me nothing ,only spending endless hours searching for supposedly past statements of yours as to your knowing   "you knew of folk"   Could you not be more precise    Thank you

14 minutes ago, jonbeen said:

This is hardly the reply I was expecting,it tells me nothing ,only spending endless hours searching for supposedly past statements of yours as to your knowing   "you knew of folk"   Could you not be more precise    Thank you

It takes minutes, no excuses now, go back and read.

Whilst you are at it, perhaps you can show us in black and white from UK pensions that nobody is prosecuted for fiddling their pension if giving false information.

I have provided B & W evidence from the Life Certificate pages that they may take civil or criminal action.

Here something to read too........

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/money/dwp-benefit-claim-investigations-evidence-26812921

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

It takes minutes, no excuses now, go back and read.

Whilst you are at it, perhaps you can show us in black and white from UK pensions that nobody is prosecuted for fiddling their pension if giving false information.

I have provided B & W evidence from the Life Certificate pages that they may take civil or criminal action.

Here something to read too........

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/money/dwp-benefit-claim-investigations-evidence-26812921

Now its been a couple of hours searching..nothing excepting some of  your quotes of "up before the beak" "statutory 1000 quid fines""convicted with evidence" (no evidence produced)"something different" 'Jock running around like a headless chicken"

"I have provided B & W evidence from the Life Certificate pages that they may take civil or criminal action."...........You have provided no evidence,none at all,its a life certificate      "Are you alive or dead"

"Here something to read too........

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/money/dwp-benefit-claim-investigations-evidence-26812921"...........question is,have you read it?    Nothing about State Pension

"Whilst you are at it, perhaps you can show us in black and white from UK pensions that nobody is prosecuted"

State Pension is a stand alone benefit,rules/regulations that are .gov.uk benefit fraud do not apply,a disqualifying benefit...meaning?  no sanctions,non- punishable ,no snatch backs,,no prosecutions,no nothing,  live within your skin, jealousy is a bad situation to be in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jonbeen said:

Now its been a couple of hours searching..nothing excepting some of  your quotes of "up before the beak" "statutory 1000 quid fines""convicted with evidence" (no evidence produced)"something different" 'Jock running around like a headless chicken"

"I have provided B & W evidence from the Life Certificate pages that they may take civil or criminal action."...........You have provided no evidence,none at all,its a life certificate      "Are you alive or dead"

"Here something to read too........

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/money/dwp-benefit-claim-investigations-evidence-26812921"...........question is,have you read it?    Nothing about State Pension

"Whilst you are at it, perhaps you can show us in black and white from UK pensions that nobody is prosecuted"

State Pension is a stand alone benefit,rules/regulations that are .gov.uk benefit fraud do not apply,a disqualifying benefit...meaning?  no sanctions,non- punishable ,no snatch backs,,no prosecutions,no nothing,  live within your skin, jealousy is a bad situation to be in

UK gov. link, please..????

• Haha 1

Benefits that cannot be reduced or stopped

The following benefits cannot be reduced or stopped if you commit benefit fraud:

• Christmas Bonus
  • State Pension

Keep digging that hole,follow the link into Disqualifying Benefits    4 of them  ,State Pension  top of the list

I never said they will be stopped, they will ask for their money back, now provide the UK gov. link....Please..????

1 minute ago, transam said:

I never said they will be stopped, they will ask for their money back, now provide the UK gov. link....Please..????

You are going around like the proverbial headless chicken  You provide the link they can ask for money back,they cannot

"A disqualifying benefit is a benefit that cannot be touched,however a third party benefit attached to it maybe adjusted"

• Like 2

You are going around like the proverbial headless chicken  You provide the link they can ask for money back,they cannot

"A disqualifying benefit is a benefit that cannot be touched,however a third party benefit attached to it maybe adjusted"

I haven't provided a link regarding wanting their money back, Ducky, but if you did as l asked, you will find my post on my mate paying back over paid pension, and another the same with a 1000 quid fine...

As for the link, don't worry, I found it myself....????

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I haven't provided a link regarding wanting their money back, Ducky, but if you did as l asked, you will find my post on my mate paying back over paid pension, and another the same with a 1000 quid fine...

As for the link, don't worry, I found it myself....????

The "difference" was it was not State Pension  lol

"Beautifully put earlier,3 of 'em, all on social (took some doing tho for u to admit it was something" different")   one could hardly differentiate between night and day,the other writes with a shovel,third one (mastermind)  a decorator I believe,fell off step ladder,hit head,brain damaged.  Now the DWP did I believe take up correspondence directly with the Stepladder,got more sense out of that than event 7 years earlier,poor Pauline there at DWP headquarters "

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jonbeen said:

The "difference" was it was not State Pension  lol

"Beautifully put earlier,3 of 'em, all on social (took some doing tho for u to admit it was something" different")   one could hardly differentiate between night and day,the other writes with a shovel,third one (mastermind)  a decorator I believe,fell off step ladder,hit head,brain damaged.  Now the DWP did I believe take up correspondence directly with the Stepladder,got more sense out of that than event 7 years earlier,poor Pauline there at DWP headquarters "

Again you are wrong, I was referring to state pensions only..

Now pull yourself together, you are once again going into the realms of fantasy again....????

Now, you go find a link that states the UK gov. will not ask for its money back if caught fiddling the pension.

Oh, just remembered, when my chum was done, they worked out when he moved to LOS, I don't know how, probably Thai retirement stamps...????

His pension was reduced to the amount of a locked pension on that date, that is how they worked out the overpayment refund, from memory it was 5000 quid, but not sure..

," but not sure"   Ill say

just clutching at straws,rubbish piled on more rubbish

".Oh, just remembered, when my chum was done, they worked out when he moved to LOS, I don't know how, probably Thai retirement stamps..."  

Was it the police last time?  Ill say you don't know,never happened,rubbish  how any sane person can look at this is beyond me   No pension was EVER reduced,paid back,stopped

Its a disqualifying pension,  but Ok Ill find it later,will that shut u up  doubt it

• Like 1

," but not sure"   Ill say

just clutching at straws,rubbish piled on more rubbish

".Oh, just remembered, when my chum was done, they worked out when he moved to LOS, I don't know how, probably Thai retirement stamps..."  

Was it the police last time?  Ill say you don't know,never happened,rubbish  how any sane person can look at this is beyond me   No pension was EVER reduced,paid back,stopped

Its a disqualifying pension,  but Ok Ill find it later,will that shut u up  doubt it

????......................It will be amazing if you can actually post a link. ????

But, go for it....

Perhaps you could let us know how my mate can claim his 5000 quid back too.....????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

????......................It will be amazing if you can actually post a link. ????

But, go for it....

Perhaps you could let us know how my mate can claim his 5000 quid back too.....????

Trouble for u,its there,but have to look in benefits     promise ull accept it

Its pure insanity,nothing but nothing can match these insane comments.  That scheme of yours and Softlads (its on record)  DWP hoaxing   ,cost Softlad 50 fine,plus 200 quid stoppage,how anyone,but anyone can go to such extremes?    PAGE 4 TO 8  Then to state recently"he does not want criminalising" lol

Tell you what,u search for wanting State Pension payments taking back,Ill search for the opposite,see who wins

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/5/2022 at 1:47 PM, Kwasaki said:

You demonstrate you do not understand that committing fraud on receiving benefits from the DWP you are not entitled to will lead to a criminal investigation.

may not will lead to a criminal investigation, but only if caught

• Like 1
  • Haha 1