UK Pensions and related info

30 minutes ago, transam said:

????......................It will be amazing if you can actually post a link. ????

But, go for it....

Perhaps you could let us know how my mate can claim his 5000 quid back too.....????

Its the Stepladder Im concerned about,was that sanctioned ?  lol

"Only certain benefits can be reduced or stopped. These are called ‘sanctionable benefits’. But if you commit fraud on a benefit that cannot be reduced or stopped, your other benefits can be reduced instead."

Quick read,further reading required.   Earlier stated "maybe"  now "can be"

Edited by jonbeen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh, just remembered, when my chum was done, they worked out when he moved to LOS, I don't know how, probably Thai retirement stamps...????

Why would anyone let DWP see their passport?

When anyone in the uk asks to see my passport, I say I don't have one.

If they managed to discover I did have one, I'd then say it was stolen.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, jonbeen said:

Trouble for u,its there,but have to look in benefits     promise ull accept it

Its pure insanity,nothing but nothing can match these insane comments.  That scheme of yours and Softlads (its on record)  DWP hoaxing   ,cost Softlad 50 fine,plus 200 quid stoppage,how anyone,but anyone can go to such extremes?    PAGE 4 TO 8  Then to state recently"he does not want criminalising" lol

Tell you what,u search for wanting State Pension payments taking back,Ill search for the opposite,see who wins

So no links then, oh well.....????

33 minutes ago, jonbeen said:

Its the Stepladder Im concerned about,was that sanctioned ?  lol

"Only certain benefits can be reduced or stopped. These are called ‘sanctionable benefits’. But if you commit fraud on a benefit that cannot be reduced or stopped, your other benefits can be reduced instead."

Quick read,further reading required.   Earlier stated "maybe"  now "can be"

So no links then..????

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I was joking, well sort of, it is just something I thought about to pick up a pension fiddler....????

2 hours ago, transam said:

So no links then..????

Benefit fraud

g).

Only certain benefits can be reduced or stopped. These are called ‘sanctionable benefits’. But if you commit fraud on a benefit that cannot be reduced or stopped, your other benefits can be reduced instead.

Benefits that cannot be reduced or stopped

The following benefits cannot be reduced or stopped if you commit benefit fraud:

• ment
  • State Pension
  • Social Fund Payments
  • War Pension Constant Attendance Allowance
  • War Pension Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance
  • War Pension Mobility Supplement

Exceptions

If you commit benefit fraud and you get any of the following, none of your payments can be stopped or reduced:

•  

Related content

•  

Is this page useful?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Jealousy, he is working the passport stunt now,being done for a while,does anyone ,anyone at all take notice ? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, jonbeen said:

Benefit fraud

g).

Only certain benefits can be reduced or stopped. These are called ‘sanctionable benefits’. But if you commit fraud on a benefit that cannot be reduced or stopped, your other benefits can be reduced instead.

The following benefits cannot be reduced or stopped if you commit benefit fraud:

• ment
  • State Pension
  • Social Fund Payments

Exceptions

If you commit benefit fraud and you get any of the following, none of your payments can be stopped or reduced:

•  

Related content

•  

Is this page useful?

So no links then..........????

Especially the one that will state, the DWP will NOT try and reclaim their money back............????

Which they had with a dead friend after over payment after death...................????

1 hour ago, transam said:

So no links then..........????

Especially the one that will state, the DWP will NOT try and reclaim their money back............????

Which they had with a dead friend after over payment after death...................????

I don't know why you bother Transam, you're wasting your time with these ???? I provided concrete evidence of the DWP reclaiming the overpayments to me and imposing a 50gbp fine to boot.

Then what happened was the ???? accused me of fabricating the evidence i supplied.......

You can't make this stuff up, sad bastards the lot of them imo

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jonbeen said:

Benefit fraud

g).

• ment
  • State Pension
  • Social Fund Payments

Exceptions

•  

Related content

•  

Is this page useful?

They can withhold your pension as has be done to me twice, so it's just twist of words which means nowt. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Here ya go guys, tell ya what if Transam and i colluded to fake the following DWP letters i received as was alleged by the SB's ( ya just can't make this s... up ????) we did a pretty good job ehh ?

Perhaps we should start a business ????IMG_20200715_0001.pdfIMG_20200715_0002.pdfIMG_20200715_0004.pdfIMG_20200715_0005.pdf

Weeeeell, doesn't matter what the cash fiddle is, one must be extremely daft to go on an open forum and tell everyone...????.....????

I would have been extremely quiet about it....????

• Like 2

Well the triple lock calculation for UK pension rises for the following year are based on the inflation rate in September. Given that they have just published the July inflation rate as 10.1% ( higher than anticipated ) I wonder how much it will increase in the next 2 months. ? 12% in September perhaps ? If it were it would certainly bump up the state pension. Oh yes, before the usual trolls on here jump in I am talking about the increases in the UK state 2023  pension for those that qualify and are entitled to it.

Edited by Excel
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well the triple lock calculation for UK pension rises for the following year are based on the inflation rate in September. Given that they have just published the July inflation rate as 10.1% ( higher than anticipated ) I wonder how much it will increase in the next 2 months. ? 12% in September perhaps ? If it were it would certainly bump up the state pension. Oh yes, before the usual trolls on here jump in I am talking about the increases in the UK state 2023  pension for those that qualify and are entitled to it.

"The usual trolls", what's that all about.....?  ????

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 12:36 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

Here ya go guys, tell ya what if Transam and i colluded to fake the following DWP letters i received as was alleged by the SB's ( ya just can't make this s... up ????) we did a pretty good job ehh ?

Perhaps we should start a business ????IMG_20200715_0001.pdfIMG_20200715_0002.pdfIMG_20200715_0004.pdfIMG_20200715_0005.pdf

I might have missed it earlier, but how did they find out you had not told them where you lived?

35 minutes ago, proton said:

It seems to me from reading these threads that they find out you are breaking the rules either by somebody informing on you, or yourself telling them, and hardly ever from them investigating you as a routine check by looking at your bank details or travel history. It is also apparent that when they do find out they can impose a fine and make you pay back over payment, that's clear from the letters posted.

That would seem to sum it up exactly. However it would also appear to be the case that the £ 50 penalty was simply imposed because @Pumpuynarak knowingly filled the form in wrongly by his own admission and hence seems to be more of a fine for doing so. Hence of course he had to pay back that monies to which he was not entitled.  If he had actually been in the UK when he completed that form then no fine could have been levied and if he had left the UK sometime after then they, either be by somebody informing, or yourself telling them, and hardly ever from them investigating you as a routine check for which it was noted by others elsewhere,  there is no documented evidence supporting that theory.

If anybody wishes to check exactly what information the DWP holds on you then you can make a request to;

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-your-personal-information-from-the-department-for-work-and-pensions.

other useful info

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/personal-information-charter

Edited by Excel
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Excel said:

So it's good to note your honesty but to clarify and to put all that other misleading garbage written by others to bed,  It was not that the DWP did any research etc etc to discover that you were not resident in the UK , as some on here misleadingly claim, but rather, only due to your honesty as you informed them that you were UK non resident.

BINGO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2022 at 10:23 AM, ivor bigun said:

yup,just read in the papers ,about 20 pounds a week ,or 840 baht,lucky lot ,thats quite a bit out here.

Looks like those who kept a UK address are going to get a large cold weather payment as well,mind you with all the rain here lately it has been a bit cold ????

On 8/31/2022 at 8:34 PM, bert bloggs said:

Looks like those who kept a UK address are going to get a large cold weather payment as well,mind you with all the rain here lately it has been a bit cold ????

I may be wrong, but I think that will only apply to those who are receiving pension credits, and to receive pension credits you must have less than £10.000 in savings.

On 7/31/2022 at 10:33 AM, hotandsticky said:

Without any evidence to back that up, then your comment is rubbish.

I am not aware of one single penalty being applied in such circumstances  -  but with evidence the contrary I will stand corrected..

....over to you.

yes i checked  on google and must admit i could not find any people who had been prosecuted , 

can anyone tell us of a court case ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I may be wrong, but I think that will only apply to those who are receiving pension credits, and to receive pension credits you must have less than £10.000 in savings.

i wouldnt think that anyone claiming while living abroad would not apply for pension credits, 

On 8/18/2022 at 10:37 AM, proton said:

It seems to me from reading these threads that they find out you are breaking the rules either by somebody informing on you, or yourself telling them, and hardly ever from them investigating you as a routine check by looking at your bank details or travel history. It is also apparent that when they do find out they can impose a fine and make you pay back over payment, that's clear from the letters posted.

From what i see most who arrive her have British bank accounts and a UK address,they dont even need to transfer money,,they can get a relative to do it to them,so their bank never knows where they are

. Either.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 12:36 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

I wonder if they are using a different definition of ‘Ordinary Resident’ than are HMRC?

Anyone receiving a UK private/company pension, holding life insurance, banking in the UK etc will have great difficulty convincing HMRC they are not ‘normally resident’.

However, unless you  gain significant tax benefits for not being ordinary resident, remaining ‘ordinary resident’ may have its advantages.

The Government have on a number of occasions hinted the tax free allowance may be removed for non residents.

As the tax free allowances rises, this could be a significant financial issue for many.

• Thumbs Up 1