UK Pensions and related info

On 3/10/2024 at 4:39 PM, chickenslegs said:

My Government Gateway account is showing that I owe 1,300+ GBP income tax from 2022/2023 and states that I will incur penalties if not paid by 27 March this year. I paid in December 2023.

The only course of action I can think of in your case would be to register a formal complaint about HMRC in accordance with the procedure set out on the GOV.UK website:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-hmrc

That's certainly what I did this time last year in connection with a dispute I had with them regarding the outstanding amount of capital gains tax owed on a UK property I'd sold. Admittedly it took some time to get matters resolved to my satisfaction, but I did eventually get there in the end! 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 2:56 PM, cleopatra2 said:

You are talking rubbish.

The statements/guidance you are quoting states that the Benefit cannot be reduced. This simply means that the DWP have to credit the claimant , in this case a pensioner with the value of the state pension. 

Take note it's states the Benefit. It does not state the claimant must receive the benefit in full. 

As an example a person who claims housing benefit may have the benefit paid direct to the council , landlord or to their bank account. Regardless how the housing benefit is paid the claimant is still regarded as receiving the benefit amount.

However let's just assume your position is correct  in the case of a charge of benefit fraud on the state pension.

The CPS guidelines on such a situation is that the DWP does not commence criminal charges but use the civils powers available.

Thus the DWP start proceedings to apply a fine for failure to notify a change of circumstances without reasonable excuse.

They then calculate the overpayment and request the repayment. Failure to reach an agreement , the overpayment on accounts legislation allow the DWP to deduct amounts from the state pension to clear any outstanding debt.

It now should be obvious that the DWP has not charged the pensioner with fraud thus the statement)guidance about sanctionable / non sanctionable benefits is moot.

Gone quiet,        equate offering as this (housing benefit  etc.) to frozen pension is nonsense You have never understood the meaning of Disqualified Sanction in relation to OAP,( 4 of them)

" It should now be obvious" ( clear as mud)   you define disqualifying sanction as "moot" is ridiculous  fact is it supersedes anything after 2010 never used (never has/will be) same same potential frozen pensioner sanctions recipients in TH

Happy time for unfrozen bunch £900 quid coming up, no spring in their steps, wallets too heavy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, cleopatra2 said:

Gone quiet ? 

As far as I am concerned you are either trolling or unable to  understand what you read. I am favouring the former.

If people wish to claim the unfrozen pension when not entitled , that is up to the individual and of no concern to me.

I have provided the DWP policy showing that the state pension is not immune to compulsory deductions to repay the overpayments and fines that may be imposed.

The document also provided the legislation that the DWP relies upon when making such decision.

The claim that the State Pension somehow has this magical immunity is so easily disproven.

The State pension is lost if a claiment is imprisoned or placed in remand.

The majority of frozen pensioners are aware that if they return to the UK the pension benefit is uprated to the level as if not frozen.

However once they return to a country that is not uprated the pension reverts back to the original frozen level.

The disqualifying and sanctionable clauses are only applicable to the issue of when a benefit is subject to a penalty of a Benefit Sanction as laid in the Social Security legislations.

As the State Pension is not a Sanctionable Benefit and thus no such penalty is applied , it becomes moot.

I think it is just the odd few here that want to boast they are chancers on the fiddle.

When in reality nobody cares.........🤗

Plus, they boast on a worldwide Internet forum about it, as they are undiscoverable.............:crazy:............😆

A sandwich short of a picnic comes to mind......:cowboy:

• Confused 2

32 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Gone quiet ? 

As far as I am concerned you are either trolling or unable to  understand what you read. I am favouring the former.

If people wish to claim the unfrozen pension when not entitled , that is up to the individual and of no concern to me.

I have provided the DWP policy showing that the state pension is not immune to compulsory deductions to repay the overpayments and fines that may be imposed.

The document also provided the legislation that the DWP relies upon when making such decision.

The claim that the State Pension somehow has this magical immunity is so easily disproven.

The State pension is lost if a claiment is imprisoned or placed in remand.

The majority of frozen pensioners are aware that if they return to the UK the pension benefit is uprated to the level as if not frozen.

However once they return to a country that is not uprated the pension reverts back to the original frozen level.

The disqualifying and sanctionable clauses are only applicable to the issue of when a benefit is subject to a penalty of a Benefit Sanction as laid in the Social Security legislations.

As the State Pension is not a Sanctionable Benefit and thus no such penalty is applied , it becomes moot.

You can favour whatever you want sunshine, bottom line is no action has or ever will be undertaken   against any pensioner claiming unfrozen pension there    Am awaiting confirmation from DWP for a statement to that effect,  by answering in the affirmative it surely will open floodgates, hence no reply.

Already acknowledge your preamble, so that is most definitely "moot"  There are no sanctions available to DWP, let alone hypocritical also hypothetical ranting, that DWP would impose

Losses to the frozen bunch are emotional and without doubt financial, cold comfort when the frozen pit members get together,boy,is it cold.

To the unfrozen bunch, enjoy your 8.5% increase in SP,next year more like 4.5%,but worth picking up  lol

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

I think it is just the odd few here that want to boast they are chancers on the fiddle.

When in reality nobody cares.........🤗

Plus, they boast on a worldwide Internet forum about it, as they are undiscoverable.............:crazy:............😆

A sandwich short of a picnic comes to mind......:cowboy:

"odd few"   I would estimate that far more than half of OA pensioners there are unfrozen, no  fiddle ,DWP regulations say so "non-sanctionable"

Yes worldwide forum, hope the NZs, Aussie members pick it up too

I'm in the dragons den,sort of speak UK,but I'm being given money hand over fist by DWP,work that one out, supposed to be in here 2 of last 3 years, money flowed in just three weeks, and i did not apply for it    thanking them (DWP)   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1