UK Pensions and related info

2 hours ago, transam said:

A few of my friends near me, as well as myself, have all received the LC letter at the same time.

I always email them with a copy of the completed LC form that has been sent off in the post, just in case.....????

Can you post a copy of their email address please.

39 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

You can google search UK IPC contact. 

When open you will see how to contact them. 

I download the app to my phone homescreen. 

Thank you for the link.

It seems as though it may take 10 days for a reply.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yes but they reply. ????

When i ask them have you sent me a Life Form they never say yes or no they just say there is nothing on record to withhold your pension and next due payment will be made on such and such a date and please allow up to 8 days for your bank to process it.

same same. ????????????

• Like 2

On 2/1/2023 at 6:41 PM, billd766 said:

Sadly, no she doesn't.

If we had lived in the UK and she had pais contributions she would have had one in  her own right.

My pension is in my name only and as such it dies with me.

For some reason I thought we could have a named beneficiary?  certainly it use to be that way?  even a registered partnership but certainly marriage has that changed?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

For some reason I thought we could have a named beneficiary?  certainly it use to be that way?  even a registered partnership but certainly marriage has that changed?

Even living in Thailand we used to be able to claim the death benefit of 2,xxx quid. Stopped many years ago.

3 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

What is the cheapest post back to UK from Thailand for the life cert, EMS is expensive!! need tracking number to check it has arrived !! do not understand WHY can not be emailed??? there are secure email servers 

EMS will cost 250bht, I did it this morning, the bird made a mistake as I said "bor ems", I just swallowed it, basic Air Mail is about 50bht, which is all you need..

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

A Thai wife now gets sod all from the husband's UK state pension....

If a Thai widow has paid N.I. in the UK, she can claim it when 65 years old, but only a % of 35 years, with a minimum of 7 years N.I. contributions.

That is how I understand it....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

What is the cheapest post back to UK from Thailand for the life cert, EMS is expensive!! need tracking number to check it has arrived !! do not understand WHY can not be emailed??? there are secure email servers 

At post office i ask for medium registered post less than a 100baht it tracks it to airport.

I sent a message to IDP to say the L.F. has been signed and returned.

I take photocopy of the form before sending. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/15/2022 at 12:49 PM, bert bloggs said:

I wonder how many here with a uk address will get the 300 pound heating benifit on top of their 10% rise,lucky boys

It was 250 pounds heating + 10 pounds Xmas bonus (paid mid-December).

If you live in a house as the only occupant you get 500 pounds heating.

On 2/4/2023 at 12:16 PM, billd766 said:

I actually asked them if they had sent me a CoL form.

I finally received my CoL form today 07 February 2023, dated 8th January 2023.

To be returned to them within 16 weeks of 08 January or 30 April 2023

I will get the doctor at the local state hospital to sign it off, and who should know if I am alive better than a doctor?

Just now, billd766 said:

I will get the doctor at the local state hospital to sign it off, and who should know if I am alive better than a doctor?

Seems they were all UK posted on the 8th January, it looks like your local P.O. has been a bit slow with the delivery.....

Posted mine back EMS on 4th February, it was with the airline on the 6th, so probably now in the UK..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Unnecessary Bill.

Certainly anyone who can countersign a British passport can sign a DWP life certificate; I believe it has been downgraded further to:-

Who can sign your Life Certificate
Your countersignatory must:

have known you for at least 2 years
for example they’re a friend, neighbour or colleague (not just someone who knows you professionally)
be ‘a person of good standing in their community’ or work in (or be retired from) a recognised profession

No need to have a stamp.

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Unnecessary Bill.

Certainly anyone who can countersign a British passport can sign a DWP life certificate; I believe it has been downgraded further to:-

for example they’re a friend, neighbour or colleague (not just someone who knows you professionally)
be ‘a person of good standing in their community’ or work in (or be retired from) a recognised profession

No need to have a stamp.

Have you a link for that, as the new LC form still states the same thing regarding a witness....?

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Unnecessary Bill.

No need to have a stamp.

I live in rural Kamphaeng Phet and people like that are a bit thin on the ground here, at least those who speak, read and write English

There is always the post office, but I haven't been in there for more than a year, the amphur police and they cost me a case of cold Chang beer when I went.

At least I am registered at the hospital.

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Have you a link for that, as the new LC form still states the same thing regarding a witness....?

Someone in a recognised profession* can witness your ‘LIFE CERTIFICATE’ if you’re claiming State Pension abroad. They do not need to live in the UK, or have a British passport. Please note that Consular Officials at your local Embassy are no longer supposed to act as witnesses for this purpose. Examples of people working in (or being retired from) recognised professions resp “persons of good standing in their community” are:  accountant  airline pilot  articled clerk of a limited company  assurance agent of recognised company  bank/building society official  barrister  chairman/director of limited company  chiropodist  commissioner of oaths  councillor (local or county)  civil servant (permanent), but not someone who works for Her Majesty’s Passport Office  dentist  director/manager of a VAT-registered charity  director/manager/personnel officer of a VAT-registered company  engineer (with professional qualifications)  financial services intermediary (eg a stockbroker or insurance broker)  fire service official  funeral director  insurance agent (full time) of a recognised company  journalist  Justice of the Peace  legal secretary (fellow or associate member of the Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs)  licensee of public house  local government officer  manager/personnel officer (of a limited company)  member, associate or fellow of a professional body  Member of Parliament  Merchant Navy officer  minister of a recognised religion (including Christian Science)  nurse (RGN and RMN)  officer of the armed services  optician  paralegal (certified paralegal, qualified paralegal or associate member of the Institute of Paralegals)  person with honours (an OBE or MBE, for example)

 pharmacist  photographer (professional)  police officer  Post Office official  president/secretary of a recognised organisation  Salvation Army officer  social worker  solicitor  surveyor  teacher, lecturer  trade union officer  travel agent (qualified)  valuer or auctioneer (fellows and associate members of the incorporated society)  Warrant Officers and Chief Petty Officers

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/814507/5_Life_Certificate_Witness_Options.pdf