UK Pensions and related info

38 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Nothing from a State Pension, but some private pensions will pay a widow or widower a pension following the demise of the person in the scheme.

Indeed, I have sorted stuff out for a few widows, paperwork, that is..????

The last one I even got 1000quid for her hubbies' funeral expenses...????

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Easier to just say you[...] live in the UK.

The boat's already sailed on that one, I'm afraid. I've been in touch with them by phone and mail for several years now from my address here (in connection with making voluntary contributions and some back payments).

So they already know I'm retired and living in Thailand full time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The boat's already sailed on that one, I'm afraid. I've been in touch with them by phone and mail for several years now from my address here (in connection with making voluntary contributions and some back payments).

I also did that, but they didn't need to know where I lived to do it.

All done using phone calls (Skype UK landline phone number), emails and bank transfers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

prices are rising quite fast on many things ,it must be really hard to stay in Thailand if you are on a govt pension only and it is frozen,the pound has gone down so much ,i reckon many will just have to return ,but if they have nowhere to live ,what then?  

10 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

prices are rising quite fast on many things ,it must be really hard to stay in Thailand if you are on a govt pension only and it is frozen,the pound has gone down so much ,i reckon many will just have to return ,but if they have nowhere to live ,what then?  

Then you're between a rock and a hard place. Unless your pension is very low to start with you could still eke out a subsistence life in Thailand with some sort of roof over your  head and no cold winters to endure. Back in the UK you might be able to claim some sort of income support in addition to your pension, but as far as accommodation is concerned you're at the bottom of a very large heap - and public healthcare is now rationed for many, weeks to get a GP appointment, waiting lists of more than a year for many treatments.

Maybe it's easier to be poor in Thailand, but I'm grateful not to be facing this dilemma.

15 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Well they go back to UK and who would plan staying in Thailand for a long time and be in that position. 

Again it has to be said where you live and your life style.

Fuel & bread has gone up I've not noticed anything else. 

Our local restaurant prices are still the same. 

21 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Then you're between a rock and a hard place. Unless your pension is very low to start with you could still eke out a subsistence life in Thailand with some sort of roof over your  head and no cold winters to endure. Back in the UK you might be able to claim some sort of income support in addition to your pension, but as far as accommodation is concerned you're at the bottom of a very large heap - and public healthcare is now rationed for many, weeks to get a GP appointment, waiting lists of more than a year for many treatments.

Maybe it's easier to be poor in Thailand, but I'm grateful not to be facing this dilemma.

Yes, those not suffering but the majority are certainly struggling and many of course have wonderful Thai famillies and one other person who is married and always working.
One can only do the best one can but sometimes they forget that so many on fixed income and wow how so the locals survive?
A very good point about no property of family back in the UK and I know where I would prefer a no brainer and Thailand of course.

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

as i said previously it must be so hard now for a pensioner on a frozen pension,living in Thailand ,is it any wonder so many just keep a UK address? and of course if you have no savings ,what if you need hospital care ,

i really do wonder how many just never told the pension service .

and if  they didnt are they worried

About what exactly?Its in their imagination and stupid comment from others the" I know someone"brigade

I know you want to go unfrozen,do it,no penalties

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, jonbeen said:

About what exactly?Its in their imagination and stupid comment from others the" I know someone"brigade

I know you want to go unfrozen,do it,no penalties

I'm afraid to say............................Rubbish

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Without any evidence to back that up, then your comment is rubbish.

I am not aware of one single penalty being applied in such circumstances  -  but with evidence the contrary I will stand corrected..

....over to you.

9 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Without any evidence to back that up, then your comment is rubbish.

I am not aware of one single penalty being applied in such circumstances  -  but with evidence the contrary I will stand corrected..

....over to you.

How do you propose he gets to go unfrozen in Thailand.

11 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

You would not be the one by any chance that actually engineered  total hoax some some years ago? was it 2015? you volunteered (volunteered) information 5 years after the event ,alongside this other guy commenting on,   pure envy here.  You go on on other thread you do not want to "criminalize yourself" lol   but you were fined   50 quid  sortof  lol

Since your "admission" then the wording has been changed to "disqualifying" benefit,hence does not qualify for sanctions.

Its all there,including that "fine" all on record,if I'm bothered Ill pull it up,but actually you are not worth it

Only difference between you and I sunshine,I'm many thousands in front of you  lol

3 minutes ago, jonbeen said:

You would not be the one by any chance that actually engineered  total hoax some some years ago? was it 2015? you volunteered (volunteered) information 5 years after the event ,alongside this other guy commenting on,   pure envy here.  You go on on other thread you do not want to "criminalize yourself" lol   but you were fined   50 quid  sortof  lol

Since your "admission" then the wording has been changed to "disqualifying" benefit,hence does not qualify for sanctions.

Its all there,including that "fine" all on record,if I'm bothered Ill pull it up,but actually you are not worth it

Only difference between you and I sunshine,I'm many thousands in front of you  lol

Go find it, no use posting all that with no link to it....We will all be very interested, I'm sure....????

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Go find it, no use posting all that with no link to it....We will all be very interested, I'm sure....????

Many many links from you too,many of them, "I did not make that comment"  lol  hit the panic button

• Sad 2

Just now, jonbeen said:

Many many links from you too,many of them, "I did not make that comment"  lol  hit the panic button

It's OK chap, no links, seems your post was a waste of time....????

Don't I/we know you under a couple of other usernames...?  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

Calm yourself down,Its a totally refreshing Sunday morn,  again I feel the intensity here tho,losing what could be tens of thousands of pounds over what I'm receiving   OK links coming after my morning toilet

• Haha 1

Just now, jonbeen said:

Calm yourself down,Its a totally refreshing Sunday morn,  again I feel the intensity here tho,losing what could be tens of thousands of pounds over what I'm receiving   OK links coming after my morning toilet

And your other usernames, please......????

36 minutes ago, jonbeen said:

Disqualifying benefits

Only sanctionable benefits can be reduced or stopped. Some benefits are not sanctioned but instead called disqualifying benefits.

These include but are not limited to:

• Retirement Pension   ....and so is the later version stated,no reduction of state pension      Think this is the statement related too...Definitely NO punishment,stoppage reduction  etc    How anybody argues against a DWP legislated wording     Amazing

Need my Al La cart breakfast,easily affordable on full blown pension    Thank You

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2022 at 11:49 AM, ivor bigun said:

ZERO price rises in Thailand have affected me.

My mortgage repayments dropped from 11k/month to 9k/month, which more than pays for all the other price rises and a bit to spare.

I'm OK with my UK state pension of just under 800 pounds/4 weeks.

It's far more than I ever anticipated getting when I first planned to retire (130 pounds/week).

Edited by BritManToo

53 minutes ago, transam said:

One of you posts Oct 19   cut out some rambling of yours   but look it up,its there

"Few I know of didn't go to court, they were proven guilty with evidence, two paid statutory 1000 quid fine plus the over payments."   This is yours    lol  Oct 19    (cut out rest of it) plenty more   Who was X  the scotch guy caught twice over too,could fill these comment pages up dozens of times over

Please post details of  (proven  with evidence) evidence here ASAP   need to digest and affirm that it is PROBABLY true  LOL LOL

6 minutes ago, jonbeen said:

One of you posts Oct 19   cut out some rambling of yours   but look it up,its there

"Few I know of didn't go to court, they were proven guilty with evidence, two paid statutory 1000 quid fine plus the over payments."   This is yours    lol  Oct 19    (cut out rest of it) plenty more   Who was X  the scotch guy caught twice over too,could fill these comment pages up dozens of times over

Please post details of  (proven  with evidence) evidence here ASAP   need to digest and affirm that it is PROBABLY true  LOL LOL

So funny.............????..............????

Here's a link for you about benefit fraud, where the state pension is in the list of benefits, be sure to read it all.....????

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/penalties-for-social-security-fraud-and-error/penalties-policy-in-respect-of-social-security-fraud-and-error

PS. Try and learn how to post a quote, it looks like you are making stuff up to the reader, it's quite easy...

Edited by transam
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Here's a link for you about benefit fraud, where the state pension is in the list of benefits, be sure to read it all.....????

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/penalties-for-social-security-fraud-and-error/penalties-policy-in-respect-of-social-security-fraud-and-error

transam

• Star Member
  • transam
  • Advanced Member
  • 72861 posts
On 10/31/2019 at 11:03 AM, izod10 said:

Here we are in a pensions thread,and previous page you stated you knew of three individuals prosecuted for supposedly pension benefit fraud,yes, Now you state it was not pension fraud but something "different" . Could that something be incapacity/disability/housing benefit fraud?, You did admit previously when questioned,a brain injury was involved,now not to put too finer point on this,it has nothing to do with Old Age Pension,am I right,or am I right?

So nobody was fined £1000 either,please digging deeper gives me the chills..  I know a little birdy that takes screen shots  lol lol

Expand  

It was Pension fraud....The guy who got let off the fine was because his SISTER did all his paperwork in the UK, as he was actually brain damaged and she knew nothing about locked pensions...

Is that clear now.....?

You say its PENSION fraud?   How could this be?   So there were two brain damaged and both on pension   Right?    Something fishy here        smells rotten actually

5 minutes ago, transam said:

You have been informed few minutes ago      (go back read it)    State pension is not taken in with other penalites     ITS a Disqualifying benefit    YAWN  No penalty

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jonbeen said:

transam

• Star Member
  • transam
  • Advanced Member
  • 72861 posts

It was Pension fraud....The guy who got let off the fine was because his SISTER did all his paperwork in the UK, as he was actually brain damaged and she knew nothing about locked pensions...

Is that clear now.....?

You say its PENSION fraud?   How could this be?   So there were two brain damaged and both on pension   Right?    Something fishy here        smells rotten actually

Naughty, you haven't read my link about fines etc, izod10.....????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Naughty, you haven't read my link about fines etc, izod10.....????

I would not say "naughty"  but Id say someone was gormless      READ Disqualifying benefits      naughty not reading it

Only sanctionable benefits can be reduced or stopped. Some benefits are not sanctioned but instead called disqualifying benefits.

Edited by jonbeen

Just now, jonbeen said:

I would not say "naughty"  but Id say someone was gormless      READ Disqualifying benefits      naughty not reading it

izid10, I think we are all used to your "stuff" on this thread over the last couple of years, which all ends up you bragging about your fraud, yes it is amusing, but tiresome. ????

I will leave it there, as it will be all much of the same carp...... ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

izid10, I think we are all used to your "stuff" on this thread over the last couple of years, which all ends up you bragging about your fraud, yes it is amusing, but tiresome. ????

I will leave it there, as it will be all much of the same carp...... ????

Spun yourself into a corner I see,no problem.  You have to abide on DWP legislation states ,you really have to,and not go off ranting.  Wish I could give you some of the filthy lucre I receive  ,but Ill take what you give up    Cheerio  (for now)

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1