I'm not feeling the love anymore.

WineOh

On 1/14/2020 at 4:23 PM, BritManToo said:

It's yer Liverpool T-shirt causing the problems.

Try it all again wearing a Man-U shirt, you'll get plenty of smiles.

I try wearing my Man U jerseys, and all I get is sympathetic looks...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2020 at 9:40 PM, Mitkof Island said:

Most do smile at me. Thai Immigration has always been polite and respectful and i have no issues meeting friendly FREE women. Maybe its just you and the other Thai haters . You think?

Ain't no such thing as a FREE woman

On 1/14/2020 at 3:18 PM, Lacrimas said:

Isn't life about having a roof over your head and food in your plate?

Yes, and a lot more! Anyway, Thanks for making a contribution by mentioning 5% of the things.

On 1/14/2020 at 3:18 PM, Lacrimas said:

They have that and they are happy with it.

I don´t know who you ask. When I ask my wife, that is not even a fraction of what is close to the truth. On the other hand she don´t have to worry, there is always a cash stash at hand.

There comes the time when everything stales. You fall out of love as readily as you have fallen in all those years ago. For many unsatisfied  people it is inevitable. Accept it and you will be on top of it. Grouse and bitch about it will plummet you deeper in misery. Take uncle's advice and stop your lamentation. Nothing is forever.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, hobobo said:

I try wearing my Man U jerseys, and all I get is sympathetic looks...

I wear my Man U hat and get high fives, smiles and fist bumps from everybody. I dont see many other Prem jerseys or hats being worn, although I did see a dude wearing a shredded Liverpool jersey sleeping in a puddle of Chang under the stands at Port Stadium.

Maybe its only Man U folks that are always happy.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

I have not experienced any of the attitudes or slights that you describe, but then I live just Northeast of Bangkok and haven't been to Pattaya in at least 7-8 years.  The Immigration in Pathum Thani are the same (I've always had a headache there), so no I still feel welcome by everyone but my wife. ???? 

Hmmm ... people do not smile at you?

Here is an experiment you might try.

Look in a mirror at your own face.  Speak to yourself the way you speak to others.

Do you see a person you would smile at, or be a bit interactive with?  Perhaps.  Or, perhaps you will see an entitled peevish personality who thinks everyone needs to bow down to his Farang Glory?  Can't really say ... who knows, you may look like George Clooney and be absolutely charming! But, somehow I doubt it.

Try this next time you go out.  Smile, be calm, be polite, speak softly, say hello and mean it ... Funny ... I do that .. and my world truly is The Land of Smiles!

Get out of Thailand for two months.

I always do no less than one international trip a year.

Having said that, look what Thailand has become. It's polluted, expensive and the economy is going nowhere.

Finally, don't expect people making 9-12k a month to entertain you. Their lives are hard and won't improve.

7 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Me, neither in Pattaya. Be polite and respectful as a visitor should be, offer a pleasant greeting, have some care about your appearance, have patience and a sense of humor, understand that bargaining is a game--in general show you're not one of the idiots and you get along with Thais quite well. Plenty of smiles even in a tourist-shocked resort like Pattaya. So I've been happy here for years. Never needed to feel "loved" here or elsewhere; on the forum it probably just means, "don't feel my superiority to the locals is being sufficiently recognized."

Awesome posting.  Sir, the next round is on me!

On 1/14/2020 at 4:34 PM, fpexpert said:

I've been back for a month in the UK its far worse here, can't wait to get back to Thailand in a weeks time.

That is called the best of the two worst.

In my opinion now it always better here than in Europe.

In europe everybody is rude, it is very expansive, especcially with the euro.

I would not want to be found dead anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I live in rural Thailand and the locals remain as friendly as ever. In fact, too friendly a lot of the time if you want to keep a harmonious marriage. Sometimes it seems like every lady is flirting with you.

A trip to the local supermarket, 7-11 or restaurant will garnish plenty of smiles and often someone will want to talk to you. Sometimes the 7-11 girls are too harrassed to talk much, but other times they smile, practice their English and flirt a little bit.

There is a cleaner at the local Tesco-Lotus who seems to have taken a shine to me and follows behind me wherever I go in that supermarket (or maybe I am exceptionally dirty).

I find what does change is my attitude. Sometimes I'm feeling down and out for a few days and everything seems just too hard in Thailand. But then I'll take the scooter to 7-11 and some pretty girls on another scooter will smile and yell happily at me and everything will seem ok.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 8:20 PM, Liverpoolfan said:

there is no love anywhere. Everyone seems angry, miserable, on edge, grinding teeth, seething with jealousy. What has happened to the country I once loved? Today at my local tesco, the cashier didnt even look at me. no greeting, no sawasdee ka. Just took my card, scanned it and gave it back to me.

The mistake you have made is you expect people to 'love' treat you as you would to them, now that would be a hit and miss in every situation in my opinion.

When I am out and about, I generally size up a person, i.e. if there head is down, that means that they either wanting to be left alone or are just over it, e.g. ever worked with the public, I did, all of my working life.

The above said, if you are wanting to be emotionally stimulated, then spread the love, sawadee krup, how are you, smile, 99% of people will respond in a nice way, then you will have the 1% that will let you down, so start spreading, but don't expect, Thai's are not generally that way inclined.

As for not feeling welcome, been coming here since 2005, living here for 4 and always get a smile and a good welcome, but I am always the instigator ????

You can put that down to my personality and working with the public all my life, ah....still got it ????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

But then I'll take the scooter to 7-11 and some pretty girls on another scooter will smile and yell happily at me and everything will seem ok.

Be warned, I know that girl, she is a ladyboy ????