VIDEO: Angry British tourist PUNCHES Thai man on MRT

snoop1130

5 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

The evidence is there in the video, both in words and deeds, as I pointed out in my post.

Your interpretation of the facts is reasonable, but the only evidence is that the English guy is very angry.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

The evidence is there in the video, both in words and deeds, as I pointed out in my post.

Only in your head.

No doubt you would assume the same if it was a Thai guy trying to attack a farang?  Oh the farang must have been trying to pick pocket him on a half empty train.  You would draw the same conclusion based on the same zero evidence.

It really is sad to see all the people automatically defending this obnoxious bully just because he is white.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2020 at 4:19 PM, Just Weird said:

He needed a new phone?  Where you there?  I say that because that was not mentioned in the OP and you seem to know more than the rest of us.

I read  it wromg 

Must have been driving  and reading 

I thought it.said that he knocked his phone  from 11th floor but it said knocked  his iPhone 11 to the floor.

No i wasnt there  but  maybe  more to the story that whats there

If not then  he is a forang bully  picking  on a smaller thai and needs to be dealt  with  if not then would like to here what caused that  reaction 

Either  he is a forang bully or maybe  there is more to it

Not really a big  deal 

This stuff happens all the time round  the world

Edited by BigC

On 1/14/2020 at 9:51 PM, Sir Charles said:

If I was there the British man will have liquid food and use a straw forever. ????

Old Western saying if you can't fight wear a big hat, like the one your imoji  is wearing ????????????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

This isn't an issue about being pro-Thai or anti-Thai or pro-English or anti-English, it's an issue about being fair to both sides.

Agree with the principle, and it would be interesting to hear both versions of the story, but i'm afraid it is not going to happen.

I suspect though, that the foreigner in the video is overreacting, even if accepting the pick-pocketing theory.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, bannork said:

In the description that accompanies the video , it says, the Thai guy got off at Hualamphong and shouted for help from officials. It says the officials then talked to both parties, ending with both parties agreeing it was a misunderstanding that the Thai guy was filming the Brit's girlfriend.

Thanks, but we still don't know the full story. Maybe the guy was trying to film up his girlfriend's dress. :biggrin: Just kidding. If the train station officials in fact said that's what happened, I'm inclined to agree that this guy seriously needs some anger management therapy.

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

And where in either video is the "girlfriend"? Nowhere. A complete fabrication to shift the blame from the Thai to the farang. Thai rak Thai.

I expect she did a runner to the next carriage as soon as she realised her boyfriend was a nutter.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

And where in either video is the "girlfriend"? Nowhere. A complete fabrication to shift the blame from the Thai to the farang. Thai rak Thai.

At the :54 second mark on the video (post #372) there is a woman in a pale orange dress with a red shoulder purse in the background who seems to be emotionally involved in the incident and who may be the girlfriend. She may have gotten off the train by the door in the background which may explain why she doesn't appear in the immediate vicinity of the incident or when everyone is exiting the train.

Edited by Gecko123

4 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

At the :54 second mark on the video there is a woman in a pale orange dress and carrying a red shoulder purse who seems to be emotionally involved in the incident and who may be the girlfriend. She may have gotten off the train by the door in the background which may explain why she doesn't appear in the immediate vicinity of the incident or when everyone is exiting the train.

If you watch the first video, the girl is much clearer. Doesn't look the type to be a farang's girlfriend, shows no involvement and can be seen moving over to the side of the carriage, just before the protagonists disembark.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

In the description that accompanies the video , it says, the Thai guy got off at Hualamphong and shouted for help from officials. It says the officials then talked to both parties, ending with both parties agreeing it was a misunderstanding that the Thai guy was filming the Brit's girlfriend.

The officials, the useless security person, or maybe the person that changes money for you.

????

12 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

If you watch the first video, the girl is much clearer. Doesn't look the type to be a farang's girlfriend, shows no involvement and can be seen moving over to the side of the carriage, just before the protagonists disembark.

If you're really determined to get to the bottom of this, I'll bet you could go down to the Hua Lamphong blue line train station and find station security personnel who were involved in this incident. BTW, that broadcast from Channel 3 says that the television station contacted sky train officials and independently confirmed what the dispute was about. Their reporting wasn't solely based on an eye witness's interpretation of what happen, but on their journalistic effort to investigate what happened. I think it's time to concede that what they reported is probably what happened.

12 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

No one mentioned the legal liability here .. but nice try changing the subject. 

About 50% or more of the replies were about arresting and deporting the foreigner.

I generally don't give moody looks to Thais because they often carry guns.

Threatening strangers isn't my bag but it appears it may be yours, even if by proxy. 

But I'm really not convinced the little guy was Thai, didn't have the right look or clothes. I'd have guessed Chinese.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

You should try blowing a different trumpet for once-if you are capable of doing so..hmm given you past performances I would doubt it.

None of the videos show a punch being thrown-it appears to be a lunge-possibly (very probably) because there was an attempt at pick-pocketing.

Thai rak Thai indeed.

You seems to be a Judge. Please carry on.

I guess you want people to post what you like /agree ONLY?

Edited by ravip

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

But I'm really not convinced the little guy was Thai, didn't have the right look or clothes. I'd have guessed Chinese.

That was my impression too, but in a city like Bangkok, Thais who are ethnic Chinese are definitely not uncommon.

On 1/15/2020 at 2:57 PM, Thingamabob said:

Utterly disgusting low life Brit. The kind of scum nobody wants to see in Thailand. I'm afraid we will all pay for this.

Actually, not only in Thailand but anywhere in this Universe no one would like to see such a character, except for a few who seems to approve that behaviour.

• Sad 2