VIDEO: Angry British tourist PUNCHES Thai man on MRT

snoop1130

1 hour ago, BigC said:

He had every right  to make the thai man pay for his mistake but  not that way.

Then again  he could hardly call the police without  going to the nexr floor

Apologing doesn't  pay for a new iphone

He needed a new phone?  Where you there?  I say that because that was not mentioned in the OP and you seem to know more than the rest of us.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Pickpockets often play the victim when caught. 

If the British guy suspect him of trying to pickpocket his phone, then let the police investigate as I believe there are CCTV inside the trains.

But what if he is proven innocent? Who will pay for the mental anguish, slander and time lost? 

Edited by EricTh

47 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Another faux hardman but this one doesn't even seem to know what country he's in.  How many Thais does he think are held in the "Hanoi" Hilton?

Your right...that is why as a "Titanium member" you have infinite knowledge.  Your are so fortunate to be gifted.  Thank you for gracing us with your vast knowledge.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

I once witnessed an incident where a ladyboy tried to pick pocket a BRITISH man and unfortunately for the LB he twigged his thieving fingers on his wallet, he grabbed the LB by his scruff then proceeded to bang his head on the door piilar of a taxi ( One of the strongest parts of a car ) he continued to do this untill a copper turned up and asked the BRIT what had happened ? He told the copper that he'd caught the toe rag trying to lift his wallet....... the copper just turned round and slapped the LB uncle Archie style then told him to leg it quick !     So maybe there's something else in this incident that we're not seeing......

Edited by SupermarineS6B
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

That is a pretty darn strange set of assumptions to justify the unjustifiable...

It's a bit more than an assumption if the little fellow fails to report the incident to the police.

He knows he'll be on a nice earner if he does. And so too will the police. It would be costing the Englishman a good 50,000 baht. Maybe more these days.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

There's a host of news stories about Cambodian and Chinese pickpocket gangs targeting foreign tourists in Bangkok at the moment. The guy was small for a Thai, could easily have been Chinese.

Yeah they are out there looking for tourists... I was a victim of a dip in November. That aside, of the guy was a dip, and it was me, I just would have sat on him till the cops come.

Of which I may add there are a paucity of? No cops ever at the trains.

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Thank you for understanding.   I'm happy to grace you with my knowledge, even though it is not quite infinite, anytime.  But, by the way, as the rest of the forum knows, not knowing the difference between Bangkok and Hanoi doesn't require that much knowledge!

And I'm very happy to know that, whenever you're needed, you'll be in there "hard and fast" to look after us more defenceless unfortunates.

You are an amazing individual.  Thank you for educating "all of us" again, your generosity is overwhelming - really!  Equally, it warms all our hearts to know, we have your indispensable knowledge to show us the way.  Thank you for enriching our lives.   

13 hours ago, smedly said:

travelling on the BTS it is quite unbelievable how many people have their faces stuck in smartphones surfing complete nonsense - it's like a scene from some kind of mind control horror movie - things like this are bound to happen on a busy commuter transport system - almost everyone has a phone stuck in their face taking up room, it really quite extraordinary to see, if only people could see how they look, mindless surfing like because it's there they need it to be in their hand and in the way of other passengers

It's hard to figure that peoples lives have become so entrenched in something 6" in their hand and they just cannot let go even on a busy train packed with people

if people are going to aimlessly walk around with their phone stuck in their face when moving around then this is going to happen, I have people walking into me all the time because they are not looking where they are going - face stuck in phone, if they bump into me and drop their phone - well (deleted) them for not looking where they are going

Seven people who have their head down in their phone all day loved you post. Myself included. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I've been the victim of petty thieves three times over the years in Pattaya and I try to be careful. 

Once it was the theft of my phone but it was only a cheapie back then as few people had these smart phones. I've got a smart phone now but do no take it out.

Pattaya can't be much different from Bangkok where crime is concerned.

Unfortunately not all Thais are the little angels some make them out to be.

I reckon that Pattaya would be worse for crime than BKK, ... like a tourist town. And they never just attract the best ! ... More often attracting just opportunists. .... You can see it in Cambodia as a prime example as things are pretty new, un-crowded, and fresh there, so you CAN just see it, a lot more easy than here, as here things are far FAR more complicated.  .... 

...  In the Tourist towns, and on the roads in between them you will ... Well MAY get ripped off. .... 20 k out of these towns, or off the sides of the highways, and you probably will not. ... From what I have seen. ... Tourism does not attract the best people. ... I think. ... It attracts a LOT of opportunists, some with good morals, ... but many with out.

6 hours ago, bangkokequity said:

In case anyone want a pocket size image of this guy, you know, so if you see him, you might want to "interface and exchange self defense tips" with him.  

a-hole.png

he's on tippy toes! that's why he's taller than the kid !!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mark mark said:

Maybe Korean ? ... The Taiwanese and the Koreans are making mincemeat out of the Cambodians, in Phnom Pen ... mostly legally I guess ? ... for over a Decade now .... why not move on to Thailand now, the Bart is high ? ...

And possibly Ditto for the Callous gun man in the gold shop also ??? ... ( Like if he WAS Thai, I am almost certain that they would have caught him by now !!! ??? ... even if well placed, d/t the horrible nature of his crime. .... And one that most Thais, both High and Low, probably would never do, .... well if not out of their minds on Drugs. )

And while we are considering the local neighboring places, that have criminals and organisations preying on Cambodia, because it was just so disorganized after the civil war, and possibly now here, just over the border, in Thailand, an easy move, ... probably being the group that the Immigration police REALLY are after ! ... We should not leave out the Vietnamese I think. ... Though these two on the train, did not Look like Vietnamese to me, ... they looked like Koreans to me. 

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

"London is full of aggressive cockneys like this"

Are you sure about that? I live in London and you've got your work cut out meeting just two or three let alone it finding it 'full' of 'em. Even the pubs they used are long gone.

All the Londoners I grew up with were cleared out years ago. So were their families and children. There's mainly just us old 'uns left.

Don't know for sure but maybe the 'younger' ones and families were relocated to the delights of Milton Keynes, Stevenage, Harlow et al?

I anticipate someone will be along to further my education.

23 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

I reckon that Pattaya would be worse for crime than BKK, ... like a tourist town. And they never just attract the best ! ... More often attracting just opportunists. .... You can see it in Cambodia as a prime example as things are pretty new, un-crowded, and fresh there, so you CAN just see it, a lot more easy than here, as here things are far FAR more complicated.  .... 

...  In the Tourist towns, and on the roads in between them you will ... Well MAY get ripped off. .... 20 k out of these towns, or off the sides of the highways, and you probably will not. ... From what I have seen. ... Tourism does not attract the best people. ... I think. ... It attracts a LOT of opportunists, some with good morals, ... but many with out.

In English please. You pished?

• Haha 2

British guy unaware of his surroundings because focused on his phone.

Thai guy made a genuine mistake bumping into him, but this has happened all around the world, millions of times every day for hundreds of years resulting in a simple apology.

It’s only recently with the advent of mobile phones, that people are oblivious to their surroundings & thus react disproportionally to what has actually happened, because their mobile is more precious to them than money!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jastheace said:

he's on tippy toes! that's why he's taller than the kid !!

He looks like the Souf London guy who hit me in the mouth with his sharpened ring, .... like he knew what he was doing ! .... And I was very drunk one night in Ayuttahya !!! ... As well, .... I was making fun of his Accent !!!  ....  Rule 1, ... never make fun of Souf Londoners !!! .... 

Does standing on the tips of his toes, imply a trained Boxer ??? Just for Interest ?

27 minutes ago, Harmony girl said:

I'm British and I have been to Thailand a year ago. I hope that Thai people will understand that we don't behave like this guy. That not our behaviour. 

Should I not be reading the Sun and the Mirror anymore then? ????

The emphasis on the fact that this Yob was a Brit is silly though (but fun for Topics), since nasty numbskulls come in all National varieties.