VIDEO: Angry British tourist PUNCHES Thai man on MRT

snoop1130

53 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You're wrong, very wrong.

I don't need to be threatened (by proxy) by complete strangers.

You're on ignore, threaten someone else.

It is just that I live in a city with more than 12,000,000 people, have been here for 9 years, and have zero evidence that anyone outside the cops actually is carrying a gun.  So let me ask you ... of the 12,000,000 people in BKK, how many do you believe have a gun?  

On 1/15/2020 at 1:12 PM, BigC said:

He had every right  to make the thai man pay for his mistake but  not that way.

Then again  he could hardly call the police without  going to the nexr floor

Apologing doesn't  pay for a new iphone

When people walk around like zombies, in crowded public places, with their faces glued to the screen are other people at fault for knocking around? Please...

7 minutes ago, ravip said:

When people walk around like zombies, in crowded public places, with their faces glued to the screen are other people at fault for knocking around? Please...

Three words: Phone Zombies Suck

A number of posts and replies have been removed.

The forum rules are very clear. We do not allow personal insults, discussion of other posters nationality as it is irrelevant, nor do we allow threats, abuse or bickering.

These are the relevant rules. Please ensure you stick to them as there are consequences for not doing so.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

9 hours ago, ravip said:

You don't  know that  hapoened.

So your  saying  the forang bumped into him?

If thats  the case you must have seen it

Maybe  they both were into their phones 

And don't  tell me your the only one that isn't  glued  to your  phone 

I believe  what i see

I only see a mucg bigger forang  tying  to fight a very small thai that didnt want to fight 

But i am.also aware that something  must have made him proper  angry to spark that off.

Either that  or the forang is mentally  ill

But i am just guessing as i wasnt there

The thai could have been wrong and the forang could have been wrong

All a bit of a big  news story about nothint though

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes..it is quite weird and the rage here is far more pronounced than in any expat community that I have ever known.

..And of course you are completely innocent eh ?

Perhaps you can try to look in the mirror sometimes :coffee1:

You know I slept on this last night and there's something about this story that still doesn't add up. The foreign guy supposedly got upset that the Thai guy was trying to take a picture of his girlfriend, right? But on the sky train practically everybody has an i-phone and unless the flash goes off you can't even tell if someone's on the internet or filming someone in front of them. People have the backs of their cameras pointed in your direction all the time. How would you even know if someone was taking your picture? On the sky train there'd be half a dozen people at any given time who might be using their i-phone to take a picture. You can't go after all of them. Why was this guy singled out? I still think there might be more to the story than we've heard so far.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Add to that, there are 2 completely different versions of the story from the Thai side. One he reacted to his phone being knocked out of his hand, and two he reacted to the guy taking photos of his girlfriend. Neither are backed up by the video. So which is true? Probably neither.

There's no doubt, that whatever the reason, the Englishman over reacted but didn't hurt the Thai. A nothing burger. Enough to demonise the guy and scream, "Lock him up" "ban him for life" ? No that says a lot more about the usual sad Brit haters on this forum who take any and every opportunity to demonise Brits.

Actually..to demonize any "farang" which should give you pause if you so  choose to think about it..

It stands out like a country dunny on parade.

Brits just happen to be in the firing line this week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I have long observed the same thing as you have remarked upon. I think however that it is done out of deep insecurity rather than bitterness. The insecurity arises from the social stigma associated with the bar scene and from entering into long-term relationships that have their genesis in the bar scene.

There are also many Westerners here who seem to be rabidly class conscious and feel a need to put everybody else a notch or two or more below themselves whether in terms of wealth, prestige, who they married, or how well they have integrated into Thai society. For them, threads about fellow Westerners misbehaving or running afoul of immigration are the perfect opportunity to display their superiority.

Possibly...and thoughtfully so.

However I despise renegades-which is all so many of them are.That is why they "pay out" on so many others who may just choose to past thru.

They have no love of country in a country which chooses not to love (or even notice ) them.

Hence the peurile hysteria.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

You know I slept on this last night and there's something about this story that still doesn't add up. The foreign guy supposedly got upset that the Thai guy was trying to take a picture of his girlfriend, right? But on the sky train practically everybody has an i-phone and unless the flash goes off you can't even tell if someone's on the internet or filming someone in front of them. People have the backs of their cameras pointed in your direction all the time. How would you even know if someone was taking your picture? On the sky train there'd be half a dozen people at any given time who might be using their i-phone to take a picture. You can't go after all of them. Why was this guy singled out? I still think there might be more to the story than we've heard so far.

Often, when a person is guilt ridden, for whatever reason, they tend to over react.

Others, it is their nature to bully people who cant hit back, just so they feel very powerful (of course mistakenly).

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, roo860 said:

You're still at it, you don't know what happened, no police involved, end of story, I'm sure there must be another topic where you can give it the old 'deport him, hang him type reply'..????

The issues is, most people (ie, majority of the population) does not like to be treated in this manner in public or private.  Do you?????  There is NO justification for this public behavior.  Can you justify it?  Please educate all of us as a "Titanium member".  Surely, you are more than capable to bestow some of your worldly knowledge unto us.  I am sure we all seek to forgive this man at the least, or at best endorse his behavior to perhaps justify ourselves to conduct oneself in the same manner the next time we meet you, your family, and the thai public on the MRT.  I implore you, please teach us....so us how to understand/accept/endorse this individuals public violent aggression towards a cowering individual who is fearful. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, mike787 said:

The issues is, most people (ie, majority of the population) does not like to be treated in this manner in public or private.  Do you?????  There is NO justification for this public behavior.  Can you justify it?  Please educate all of us as a "Titanium member".  Surely, you are more than capable to bestow some of your worldly knowledge unto us.  I am sure we all seek to forgive this man at the least, or at best endorse his behavior to perhaps justify ourselves to conduct oneself in the same manner the next time we meet you, your family, and the thai public on the MRT.  I implore you, please teach us....so us how to understand/accept/endorse this individuals public violent aggression towards a cowering individual who is fearful. 

Here endeth the sermon.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

Here endeth the sermon.

It can be justifed if there was strong  reason behind  it

Such  as a thief 

If a thief then should  have the <deleted> smashed out if the thief public or private 

If just  an accident the the other persom needs more than a sorry

The item would need fixing 

If someone crashes into your car i am.sure most people wont just say sorry then leave you with their damage

Even if he was starring at his phone like a zombie  it is t illegal to do so

If the other person  was watching where he was going then he wouldnt have allegedly  bumped into him 

Then again medis clips can make things  look allot worse than they are 

I find it funng that the person who uploaded it seemed to be his friend 

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

So which story, both given by Thai witnesses is true, he knocked the phone out of his hand or he tried to take a photo of his girlfriend?

This clip which Yinn posted said that the Thai guy bumped into the Brit and his phone fell to the floor. The Brit didn't think the Thai guy's apology, just the word 'sorry', was sincere, and thus he lost his rag, as can be seen in the video.

The news presenters agree there were 2 separate issues: possible damage to the phone and threats of violence or actual violence on the Thai guy.

But as mentioned in the earlier clip, both sides ended up going their own ways with no complaints filed by either parties.

A post containing multiple quoted posts has been removed as well as the replies:

Forum Netiquette:

5. Please do not quote multiple nested quotes. Quote only the relevant section that you are discussing. Moderators will snip excessively long nested quotes. 

Other off topic posts, baiting posts and the replies have been removed. 

2 hours ago, bannork said:

This clip which Yinn posted said that the Thai guy bumped into the Brit and his phone fell to the floor. The Brit didn't think the Thai guy's apology, just the word 'sorry', was sincere, and thus he lost his rag, as can be seen in the video.

The news presenters agree there were 2 separate issues: possible damage to the phone and threats of violence or actual violence on the Thai guy.

But as mentioned in the earlier clip, both sides ended up going their own ways with no complaints filed by either parties.

And the news channel which reported that the incident revolving around the Brit accusing the Thai of taking photos of his girlfriend? True or not true?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

And the news channel which reported that the incident revolving around the Brit accusing the Thai of taking photos of his girlfriend? True or not true?

I don't know because I wasn't there!  The only English word the Thai guy said was 'sorry'. After that he said in Thai, 'I didn't do anything.'

16 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

So you don't know whether one Thai version that says the incident was about the guy having the phone knocked out if his hand was true or not, you don't know whether another Thai version saying that he tried to take photos of the guy's girlfriend is true or not and you don't know whether the Thai had tried to lift the guy's phone or not, as the video evidence suggests, is true or not.

Not a lot you do know is there? I don't know why you bother commenting other than having the agenda of a Thai apologist.

i've listened to both TV reports and texts about the incident.

There is no evidence from any report that the farang thought the Thai guy was trying to or had  pickpocketed him.

I suggest you contact Red Skull-addict the original Facebook poster if you want to find out more.

I

Edited by bannork