VIDEO: Angry British tourist PUNCHES Thai man on MRT

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, BRUFC said:

What evidence is there that he is a 'drugged' Brit?

No evidence , just been watching the video and his behavior. 

All we can do is speculate and someone mentioned he was pickpocketed but that is also pure speculations. 

Edited by balo

6 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

Perhaps, but the westerner’s behavior in this case is indefensible. 

Do you or anyone else really know exactly what happened? IMO, If the Brit is reported to the police, caught and dealt with, I think it is fair to say that it was out of order what he done, If we do not hear anything else, then he walloped the guy for trying to pickpocket him, and rightly so.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Tagged said:

In your opinion, something can justifie punching a man on public transport, even when you see the man is avoiding confrontation, as well another man have taken control of. 

No punch that I saw. Just an attempted grab, but we don't know why. Guy on train, with a friend, listening to something through headphones SUDDENLY decides to try and grab a smaller man? Nah, more to it than that.

Reading back through my posts on this it could be construed that I am siding with the Brit. I'm not. I'm trying to get across that there is more to this than we know. Too many unanswered questions and now, having seen the time it's time for a Chang. Never had, never seen Archa. Is it any good?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, balo said:

No evidence , just been watching the video and his behavior. 

All we can do is speculate and someone mentioned he was pickpocketed but that is also pure speculations. 

Oh come on pal. According to balo's first Law of Human Behaviour anyone who gets angry is on drugs? I don't believe you posted such drivel with a straight face.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, riverhigh said:

I was born and raised in Britain. I don't see people criticising his behaviour as Brit haters. From the video his phone plugs were in his ears indicating that he was oblivious to the world when the incident happened. My question is why would the small guy pickpocket his phone while the Brit was listening to the phone. The train was in transit and the alleged pickpocket would have no where to hide. May be some one on this board could enlighten me?? After watching this video I too could turn into a Brit hater. All I see is an out of control self-centred bully. 

Exactly what I thought. The Brit is still wearing headphones that must have been connected to the phone. Who would try to take a phone from someone who would immediately know that it was taken, especially on an enclosed BTS car with no place to run or hide? 

Edited by gjoo888
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BRUFC said:

Watched it twice and didn't see a phone hit the floor, anyone bend to pick it up or a punch thrown. , only an attempted grab. HOWEVER, the Thai looked like a kid or young teenager. Credit to the guy in the yellow polo shirt for keeping him out of harm's way.

Recently we've read (and seen) gangs of Thais knocking seven bells out of a Yank and a Paddy. This guy deserved the same in my opinion.

Watch it again, the Thai gets punched at the 2 second mark.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, gjoo888 said:

Exactly what I thought. The Brit is still wearing headphones that must have been connected to the phone. Who would try to take a phone from someone who would immediately know that it was taken, especially on a an enclosed BTS car with no place to run or hide? 

How do you know he went for the phone. Maybe he went for the wallet? Maybe he touched his girlfriend's derriere? Could have been anything, nobody knows so best not to judge.

Edited by JonnyF
  • Like 1

You can see the poor Thai guy was scared to death and it was accidental.

I hope immigration bans this British bully from entering Thailand for at least 3 years. Then he would learn his lesson not to be so hot-headed.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Sir Charles said:
17 hours ago, ukrules said:

...and you would be in prison for a long time having committed the much more violent and serious crime.

Search the word "sarcasm" in a dictionary ...

There was no indication of sarcasm in your comment, have you thought about looking it up?

Edited by Just Weird

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

What would you look like if you just caught someone with their hand in your pocket or your phone/passport/wallet in their hand?

But that is not was reported!...

"...a British tourist punches a Thai man in the face after he knocked his iPhone out of his hand. 

The incident occured on Sunday at Wat Mangkorn station when the Thai man reportedly bumped into the British man, resulting in his iPhone 11 falling to the floor".

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Did you see the look of disgust on the faces of the other commuters? Sadly, this is going to bring immigration and RTP down even harder on farangs here. 

If this is the reason, this single event is not the case why. Open your eyes, just open your eyes. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

I read that page and it essentially says : foreign man bad, Thai man good

As you can read Thai, why not give the rest of us a translation of it then we would all know exactly what was reported there instead of your telling us "essentially" what happened?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, balo said:

Another drugged Brit who can't control himself.  Yes I think he must have been on drugs, just trying to explain his aggression. 

No just common behavior. Encountered a German on a bus not long ago shouting in German at the Thais because a woman wanted her seat she had a ticket for. Total nut job. I suggested to the bus driver better to just toss him off the bus and make him walk. Just another example why the Thais have had enough of us. I would have tossed the Brit off the train at the next stop.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, basatop said:

I do not understand the reaction of majority of posters here.It seems to me,that it is the story of couple of unlucky pocket thieves caught red handed by farang/victim.

Which report did you read, then, this one sure didn't even suggest that may have been the situation.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Do you or anyone else really know exactly what happened? IMO, If the Brit is reported to the police, caught and dealt with, I think it is fair to say that it was out of order what he done, If we do not hear anything else, then he walloped the guy for trying to pickpocket him, and rightly so.

That is a pretty darn strange set of assumptions to justify the unjustifiable...

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Which report did you read, then, this one sure didn't even suggest that may have been the situation.

Jeezzz what is this autoplay music coming on at some pages at TV? Somebody have to get rid of that <deleted>.

back to the topic. The thai man, walked by this gentleman, and bumped in to him, so he lost his phone on the floor, and the rest is on the video. Ref my gf translation and what I see other post here earlier. 

• Haha 1

Could not edit —-> so here goes... 

That is a pretty darn strange set of assumptions to justify the unjustifiable... but whatever floats a man’s boat... so he’s a pickpocket getting what he deserves... okay, picking someone’s pocket is unjustified too... are you happy now?

Edited by Ramen087
  • Confused 1